Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeing a therapist in a coupshould I confess my CDing?

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    For a first session tell him as much as you feel comfortable with, but more importantly, see how you feel about the therapist. You have to feel comfortable with them- he or she can only help you if you trust them.

I would most certainly talk about it. When I did go to my therapist I usually went dressed it seemed more natural for me. You would have to decide if that would be appropriate for you after having some sessions of course. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Danielle,
    As you're in the UK I'm assuming you're seeing the therapist following a referral from your GP. If so did you tell your GP about your dressing as that may have influenced their choice of therapist. Whatever you've done up to this point I like most others would say you have to mention CD'ing to the therapist. If the therapists asks if you feel that's playing a part in the way you feel have you thought as to how you'd respond? Of course I don't expect a reply to that question here but it must be something you need to think about.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Such great advise from everyone, thanks for all the replays it's much appreciated.
    Many of you have said that he might not be the right type, so shop around, but I will tell him and see his reaction and where the convo goes from there.

Thanks again all

Dani XXX

Platinum Member
    Hi Dani, If you really want your money's worth tell him/her everything.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

No better time, is it what has you streeed and feeling low, if so talk it out with your therapist.

Therapy can be very expensive, so i would tell him. He won't yell out the door down the hall, " I have one of them! Pitchforks on the ready!!"

I feel there's a need to explain some of our cultural differences here. Most people who go to a therapist in the UK do so after a free consultation with their doctor who then refers them again at nil cost. As such it is one of the things free at the point of delivery. If someone feels that the chosen therapist isn't suited to them then they can ask for a further referral, still at nil cost. Danielle may have chosen to go private and pay, that's her choice but I think it's worth pointing out these differences as they can influence how people see the process given some of the replies.
    Ultimately it won't change the majority of responses, be open and honest.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

The few times I have gone out dressed and interacted with other people, Cross dressers or not I have felt a great relief of burden, just because I was being me and other people were OK with it. My big stress was self imposed image of me being on the front page of the new York times. No one really cares, be yourself and you will be a lot more confident. My experience. Hope it helps.
    Dee

I have always felt more comfortable sharing that with a female therapist. I had two over the years - both with very different styles yet both very understanding. They helped me normalize it for myself and better understand that part of me. And I think they both saw that side of me more and more as different topics were discussed. At times it felt like they were talking to me as another woman, which was comforting. In general it just felt less threatening to me, and I think both women were very supportive.

Why would you not tell her?
    I have one and I tell her everything.
    I have even told her about just thoughts ... and what has helped me is we are not alone.
    Tell her everything and keep up informed how it works. OK