Thread: Today's a big day

Today's a big day

6:40am. In a couple hours my wife and daughter will be off to work and school, and I'll be off for a "Camille day" at a local hotel (wife knowing). My chance to dress up and try some new outfits, take photos, as well as shave my chest for the first time.

Camille really wants to get out, and more than just the hotel lobby this time. I for sure am planning to walk through a waterfront path next to the hotel that also passes by a restaurant. I'll dress casually in jeans and a cardigan and black boots.

But there is also a TJ Maxx across the street, and I'm very tempted to go there to walk around for a bit. I've never done any outing as big as that. I was all set on it, but had a bad dream tonight that some guy gave me a dirty knowing look, obviously having read me. I think I do blend well, but this kind of scenario is a real possibility, and would probably send me rushing back to the hotel out of embarrassment.

I know it's fine in the end if I just stay in the hotel room, or only do a little walk. But I am torn between wanting to get out, and being a bit afraid of what will happen if (likely when) I get read. Any advice or thoughts? I'll check on this post in a few hours, when the time comes.

Camille

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Camille it is very scary to go out dressed for sure but my advice is just act as natural as possible. When your done with your makeup and you look in that mirror dont be too critical of your look but as you say if you think you pass then Im sure it will go well.
    Being that your in California Im sure they have seen it all out there but hay Im in Texas and have gone out during the day no problems.
    I say also go to the TJ Maxx it will build your confidence. Yes there is a chance you will be read but so what your not hurting anyone your just being you.
    I hope it goes well and hold that head up girl and go for it.
    Leigh

Go have a good time, act like you normally do when your out, you are not breaking any laws, enjoy , no one will notice anything other than a normal woman having a good time. I do it all the time. Marshalynn

Camille, our thoughts are all with you spurring you on. It is lovely to hear about you about to take those early steps and I hope it goes really well for you. As for that shop - go for it, put to the back of your mind the thought of being "read" - you will be. But it doesn't really matter. I was out shopping as Michelle 3 weeks ago and was obviously "read" by a complete stranger who came smiling over to me and kissed me on each cheek. Yes, I know that would freak you out big time so I hope you don't get anything so apocalyptic. But her explanation was simply "because you are you".

So being read isn't necessarily bad. SAs are trained to serve the customer - you are (or will be) a customer and a sale is a sale. They won't be rude to you because you could report them if they were. Hold you head up and be there as if you mean it, no apology necessary - just be Camille and enjoy the day, whatever it brings. Wish I could be there to support you...

Michelle
    xxx

hi camille,
    will be going through this scene myself soon, but in the past i have tried on skinny jeans and shoes in stores in male mode with a goatee and no pitchforks, so you will undoubtedly blend in much better in jeans sweater and boots.

since joining the site i check women out more in depth and sometimes think they may be CDers and im probably wrong and im sure ive seen them and had no clue and admired their style and wondered where they got those shoes....we all vary in size and looks....fact of life....hope this helps....do have fun....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Michelle is right, just do it! I remember my first time to go to Target and stop in the coffee shop and sit and drink a cup of coffee while kids and adults went by, not a thing happened! No torches and pitchforks or tar and feathers, nobody paid attention!

Hugs, Bria

Camille,
    AllI can say is....
    Enjoy the time, it is precious.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Crossdresser
    Can something happen? Yes, but will it? Most likely not. In fact most recounts you read of first time outings say it was a non event as far as anyone noticing.

We all had to crawl before we could walk. No one climbs out of the crib and goes straight to run a marathon. I mean everything will not be perfect, but you reach a point where something inside of you just has to go for it. And it sound like you are there.

Have confidence when you are out, but don't go looking for attention either. You are not doing anything wrong. You only want to go for a walk and some shopping. If you do go shopping, try and buy something since the job of an SA is to sell. It makes them feel like they are doing a good job.You can always return it later in guy mode.

Pick a location and venue you like as you are going to remember your first outing like your first date. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you, Camille! Good luck and enjoy

Banned Read only
    You're worst fate is embarrassment should you allow someone to embarrass you. That's it.

Some guy might read you and............. ???
    you will still have fun.
    If you get read, look them in the eye and Smile
    if someone says something like "hay Mister", you put on your deepest manly voice and "Hay" him back, and smile.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    The only thing holding you back is the closed door. Open it and open up new and exciting world to be discovered.

Don't forget to let's us know how it went, and most of all be safe.

Platinum Member
    Hi Camille, Just act natural and don't make eye contact.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!