Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If money was no option....how far would you go....who would you help ??

If money was no option....how far would you go....who would you help ??

so im a sucker for the big lottery jackpots, very modest lifestyle from the economy at this point but...

if i had the means to i would love to perfect my look, have a little work done, tweak things up a little for sure,
    but the one thing i would want to do is start a resort for folks like us....a safe haven, it may be a little self serving as i picture it as a business with makeup studio, transformation photo access and a bed and breakfast format for couples with family workshops, some professional therapy access if possible..... so i would have access to a wonderful closet of clothing and activities myself, but to be able to help younger and faltering who feel unsure fragile about accepting this state of gender identification would surly feel fulfilling....would have loved something like this when in my younger days.....so that would be my dream fulfilled if a huge capital gain came about, im sure the only problem would be where to locate it....i have a fondness for boating and would need access for the watercraft.....my fog is thick....

how far into the fog do you think you would go if such a scenario presented itself.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

The VERY FIRST thing(s) I would do is make appointments with gender therapists, surgeons, hair stylists, make-up artists, wardrobe consultants and anyone else that could help me achieve my goal of womanhood. Am I vain????? the answer is YES!!!!! I know this may sound trite but I have been helping people all my life and have NEVER asked for anything in return but if I could acquire the wealth it would be me first then others second.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

There's nothing wrong with a little enterprising. Making money is not a bad thing. I suspect if you price it right you will get business. Those online crossdresser clothing/shoes sites do OK even charging a premium over the same stuff sold elsewhere. The market will decide....
    I hope you take into consideration us part-time dressers. I would love to take advantage of what a lake has to offer, but only in guy mode. If the amount of makeup I use washes off, there might be a big fish kill. haha
    It would be fun to go out uninhibited, especially those of us who CD in the closet.
    I play "what if I win the lottery" all the time. It's fun. But my state has no lottery....

Banned Read only
    Breast implants so I could look more feminine. The rest? Givitaway, givitaway, givitawayah!

Mikell, I'm with you. I have often thought about the same idea of creating a safe haven for us cders. I think going global with resorts for our use would be a good option. Also they would be staffed with all the best make up artist, designers in the world.

We could offer all the medical staff needed for transition if any wanted to follow that route. Now since we are wishing.....I wish I was young again and I would consider transition myself. Now where is my loto ticket.

Probably not much further with dressng, I maybe would refine things a little and invest money in a business that would help me carry on.
    Maybe I would but VS and forever 21 and live out all my fantasies.

I would help my family financially.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Mikell, Hey Hon if you do make it big and open a resort for our kind of folks, keep me in mind for working there. I'm taking a home study course on cosmetology so I could do some of the transformations.I'm learning a lot on how to make people beautiful. I'm retired now but would gladly come out of retirement to help my fellow CDers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I most certainly would go as far as I could, how much time do I have left? After taking care of my families needs the idea of setting up a safe haven resort is appealing as long as I don.t have to run it I'm basically lazy.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    A Nose job, face lift, Lifestyle Lift etc. weight training to be 155 lbs and stay there. 31" waist( right!)n After establishing a healthy annuity for us to receive perpetual monthly checks i would set up a college trust fund for my 3 small grand kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    The VERY FIRST thing(s) I would do is make appointments with gender therapists, surgeons, hair stylists, make-up artists, wardrobe consultants and anyone else that could help me achieve my goal of womanhood. Am I vain????? the answer is YES!!!!! I know this may sound trite but I have been helping people all my life and have NEVER asked for anything in return but if I could acquire the wealth it would be me first then others second.

Molly
    no need to apologize molly, one only has to take a trip to the gallery to see how vain we can be here...

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Hi Mikell, Hey Hon if you do make it big and open a resort for our kind of folks, keep me in mind for working there. I'm taking a home study course on cosmetology so I could do some of the transformations.I'm learning a lot on how to make people beautiful. I'm retired now but would gladly come out of retirement to help my fellow CDers.
    kate, would hate to pull you out of retirement for such a plan but we can always set up a concession for you, would plan to hire many folks from the forum, lots of qualified compassionate people hang out here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    I most certainly would go as far as I could, how much time do I have left? After taking care of my families needs the idea of setting up a safe haven resort is appealing as long as I don.t have to run it I'm basically lazy.
    i will be overseeing the complex, but i will have a vast staff, cant be all that lazy jamie, not easy for us to fix ourselves up to look pretty....but this was my vision, yours could be different....thanks for sharing everyone....
    ....Mykell

I'd start by having my body hair lasered off my body and hair treatment to regrow my hair on the top of my head. Then I'd have the biggest shoe collection you've seen since Imelda's husband lost his job!

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    after making my children and grandchildren financially comfortable and maybe a million for my wife. I would probably move to the Pocono Mountains on a lake. My wife hates the mountains and my family would somehow understand my wish to move there. I have always wanted to live in the mountains on a lake, no secret to my family. I would then live as a women nearly 24/7, only changing into drab when my children visited. My wife I do believe would be OK with this arrangement. I would become Danielle Crockett, stockings, garterbelts, lingerie and coon skin cap. Yep that works for me.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I like the idea of the safehaven resort and I would like to do something like that. But first I would assemble a team of plastic surgeons, srs surgeon, hair and make-up team, and then off to buy the wardrobe of my dreams to flatter my new body of my dreams.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikell View Post
    I'm sure the only problem would be where to locate it....
    Of course I'd do all of the transformational self serving stuff. I would certainly have some large beautiful implants and my family would be financially comfortable.

I would locate my main resort some place beautiful, like Malibu or Coronado. But I would have well funded subsidiaries in the heart of hater country. I would also take applications from all of us that had faced hardship either because of our unacceptance or misfortunes in our lives that made us feel somehow guilty of our desires. The most deserving would be taken care of financially and emotionally. Let the government continue to take care of the greedy and the lazy.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I would start by setting up a safe haven in my city for folks that need to transition. Probably buy a house and section it off with rooms for people to stay there. Make sure there is someone to run the house. Young folks that need to transition could stay there until they could be stable enough to get on their own feet and start a life for themselves. There is still too many young kids that need to transition, their families disown them, they have no place to go. I would want to give them sanctuary and set them up with direction for a new life.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    After spending the money on attorneys and qualified financial advice, I'd look to meet the needs and a good share of wants for family and close friends first. Then it would be a good donation to Trans support in my area, maybe even with some grants to help those in dire need, but that wouldn't be in my hands to decide, the local group would have that resource to work with. Once they were all set I'd get started on doing things for me. There would be a lot of other money given to non Trans causes as well, I do have other things in my life that interest me beyond crossdressing. I'd work on those things that have kept me from feeling confident as a crossdresser first. After a chance to live with fewer barriers to exploring the world as Sarah or Dave, I'd be in a better position to decide if going farther down that road was warranted.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    One of the things I would do with a big windfall of cash is start a boutique for large (by that I mean tall and big boned) women and fellow Crossdressers. With a tailoring service on site and perhaps a custom shoe making service.

What I have in mind is something nice with a range of styles, but still keep prices in line, thus the need for the lotto money to subsidize it. The Crossdresser clothing stores I have been in so far have been ok, but could be much better as far as how they are furnished, stocked and maintained.

I am still not a fan for shopping on line, and I think a store where one could be properly measured and fitted with helpful and courteous staff could be something quite useful to many other CDers as well myself. I am just very doubtful that it would be profitable enough to invest my own earned money to get it going.

I have always had a dream of establishing a safe club for cross dressers in a large conurbation such as LA or the SF Bay area. I would work with established businesses serving the cross dressing community to provide dressing services. However the intent would be to have a comfortable, interesting and welcoming place to go, get dressed, spend time with others and if you wanted get your hair styled and makeup done professionally. For those who have difficulty dressing at home, they could rent closet space and keep clothing etc. Members could seek advice from one another on styles and dressing tips. It would be a very "girly" place.
    If it was the SF Bay Area I would work with one of the well known established businesses such as Carla's to provide more space and a greater range of services.
    Depending on the amount, I would of course spend some money on enhancing feminine looks for myself too.

All the way for me to be the best woman I could be and that money could buy...........LOL

Money being no problem can be a problem in itself. That sort of wealth can lead to bad decisions. For reference see Howard Hughes, Michael Jackson and countless Hollywood celebrities.

For that reason, the first thing I would do with my largess is to hire a well-paid minder and sign them to an unbreakable contract. The minder's job would be simple: to follow me around and tell me when I'm about to do something Really Stupid. At least then I'll have an impartial person to advise me, not just a bunch of sycophants who profit from my stupidity.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Oh, that's easy. I'd start a genuine free dating site for crossdressers to meet single women who are tired of meeting lousy 'normal' men, with the warning of course, as well as information about crossdressing. Most of us have lived with this for a long time, and, as such, understand a lot more about male female interaction than the average guy. If I could educate women about why it doesn't change the basic guy within, maybe more of them would be willing to try dating us. The downside, of course, is that everyone would have to list their true sex, unlike the situation at the current 'dateacrossdresser' dating site. I know from personal experience that without crossdressing in the mix, I would have been considered a good 'catch' by most women. But add crossdressing into the equation and that changes immediately.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would give a big bunch of it away. I've always wanted to be able to help others. I would start with my kids and Grandkids and make sure all of them have a great pension set aside they only get at the age of fifty. I believe every one should work till they are fifty then retire to live the life they choose. My relatives I would leave enough for their kids the same as mine. Then probably start a college of common sense. We have lost that in our society. I would have teachers teach things that just plain common sense that people need to be successful in this world.
    Oh yeah I would go ahead and buy half of Texas and put that safe resort y'all talk about in where we could all attend and enjoy. It would include some lakes where we could all go fishing and wildlife to enjoy. I would be the one in charge and Jaylyn would rule in her bright red garters, heels, hose and her favorite mini skirt. A place where all the CD muscians could play for a few parties and in this safe haven only fantasies of CDs would be made real for them. Those supporting wives also would be invited to attend. Some of the money I would just every week find some poor random family and pay all their bills for them so they can get a kick up on their life, but only if they were trying and really needed it because of the economy. Might even give many kids scholarships to the college of common sense. Especially the sports teams we would sponsor there. The rest I would just waste on wild wicked women, booze, and my Jeep collection.

inspired by all the noble ideas some have shared, maybe someday it wont be a hypothetical "if only" but a "franchise" opportunity.... whatever you idea may be.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Money being no problem can be a problem in itself. That sort of wealth can lead to bad decisions. For reference see Howard Hughes, Michael Jackson and countless Hollywood celebrities.

For that reason, the first thing I would do with my largess is to hire a well-paid minder and sign them to an unbreakable contract. The minder's job would be simple: to follow me around and tell me when I'm about to do something Really Stupid. At least then I'll have an impartial person to advise me, not just a bunch of sycophants who profit from my stupidity.
    being a fan of " Hughes " i dont think he deserves to be linked to "michael" , anyone who has stayed in a hospital has benefited from his influence, he designed the prototype of todays hospital bed while lying in pain after a plane crash, and his money is still benefiting many, Michael was an entertainer....family fighting over his wealth...anyway

from what i know of you from my time here Erin is that you are very level headed and practical and you would be wasting your money on the "Minder"....may want to spend that money on a theater or restaurant inside the resort....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    Then probably start a college of common sense. We have lost that in our society. I would have teachers teach things that just plain common sense that people need to be successful in this world.
    Oh yeah I would go ahead and buy half of Texas and put that safe resort y'all talk about in where we could all attend and enjoy. It would include some lakes where we could all go fishing and wildlife to enjoy. I would be the one in charge and Jaylyn would rule in her bright red garters, heels, hose and her favorite mini skirt. A place where all the CD muscians could play for a few parties and in this safe haven only fantasies of CDs would be made real for them. Those supporting wives also would be invited to attend. Some of the money I would just every week find some poor random family and pay all their bills for them so they can get a kick up on their life, but only if they were trying and really needed it because of the economy. Might even give many kids scholarships to the college of common sense. Especially the sports teams we would sponsor there.
    dont know that you could teach common sense, would be great if we didnt have to, having a band at the resort sounds like good entertainment....

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Oh, that's easy. I'd start a genuine free dating site for crossdressers to meet single women who are tired of meeting lousy 'normal' men, with the warning of course, as well as information about crossdressing. Most of us have lived with this for a long time, and, as such, understand a lot more about male female interaction than the average guy. If I could educate women about why it doesn't change the basic guy within, maybe more of them would be willing to try dating us. The downside, of course, is that everyone would have to list their true sex, unlike the situation at the current 'dateacrossdresser' dating site. I know from personal experience that without crossdressing in the mix, I would have been considered a good 'catch' by most women. But add crossdressing into the equation and that changes immediately.
    sounds like a good idea for those needing help in with finding a special someone....
    ....Mykell

Mikell, that's a good idea. What would you name the place? Where would you local it? In the Midwest I hope.

Another thought, why wait for the lottery. America isn't called the 'land of opportunity' for no reason. There are plenty of people on this site with knowledge and willingness to help. Find out how to draw up a business plan and create one, seek funding and keep looking until you find a financier who will say "yes." Start modest and have a five-year plan to expand.

Only those who take a risk will succeed, and to not try is tantamount to failure.

In other words, GO FOR IT!!!
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

After taking care of higher priority things (faith, family, friends), and realizing my own limitations, I would search for established experts to implement my dream.

They would be responsible for establishing, operating, growing, and sustaining a vast LGBTQ support network. Leveraging existing resources where available, and establishing them where needed, every LGBTQ person would have access to support and services.

I want to have major centers established in each of the nation's 100 largest cities, smaller centers in the next 400, and kiosk's in 1/3 of the country's shopping malls by 2025.

They would also exert political and social power to bring about an acceptance of us and our needs.

Best wishes
    MsVal