Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: curious

Quote Originally Posted by lisa72 View Post
    I have noticed since I have been dressing and reading posts here that I look more closely at people, females and wonder if it's a crossdresser. It's a strange feeling. Dose anyone else have this feeling.
    Sadly, despite the wishes of those who go 'out' en femme, 99% are pretty easily read. The remaining 1% often also have visual give aways that signal to look at other items to verify, such as big hands, big feet, broad shoulders, facial shape, the list goes on and on. Voice is another obvious clue, as unconscious clearing of one's throat often comes out in a different tone than the voice. So it's usually pretty easy to spot someone even if you're not looking for it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Lisa72
    i have been looking at other women and thinking i can wear that dress better lol

Izzy

....that I look more closely at people, females and wonder if it's a crossdresser... Dose anyone else have this feeling.
    Not looking for CDs, but seemingly got better at spotting CDs.

This Saturday however, I went to a small and close-by local restaurant/bar and the couple behind my table was a woman and a MtF CD couple. It was not very hard to spot; the CD guy was tall, had a manly posture and facial features, too high heels and short skirt (for this place), a male voice and hairy arms. Still I think he/she was extremely courageous, this area is way off the city, and that they came as a couple. An older drunk guy commented, as he did not reckon the situation due to his state, that "You were a tall gal" when the CD guy went over to pay at the bar.

Saw another CD in a thrift-store too, the other week. And, recently an extremely well dressed and passable CD waiting for the commuter train.

Then there have been a number of false positives too, women that I at first sight have thought where CDs but they were not. :-)

Before I started to dress myself, I would probably not have spotted them, or at least the latter two.

/Bima
    Last edited by Bima; 11-25-2014 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Fixing editorial errors

Gone to live my life
    I think the reality is that we (CDers) are minority in the population and from that sub-population and even smaller minority actually enter the Vanilla World. The probability of seeing a CDer (unless you look in the mirror) is probably the same as spotting the Ghost of Elvis riding a unicorn down main street. A lot of folks post they have seen one of the tribe out and about but can you truly be certain? I guess if you live in a place where it is more prevalent then I suppose. However for the most part, I believe we are very rare.

Hugs

Isha

I don't look anymore or less, but now I look and think, cute shoes, love that anklet.
    So that's how you pair capris and dressy top, very nice.

Well, I can't say much because I just joined.

But at school, I never assumed anyone was a crossdresser. Not because I'm trying to be respectful or anything. I live in close-minded, redneck Arkansas.

I do the same. I think that i look closer because i secretly hope that there are many out there doing what i wish i could. Walking in public. The courage and evidence of local success in this area could lead me further.....

I've not looked for it but I think I will make an effort to the next time I am somewhere busy, even if for a bit of reassurance that we are more common than first thought. I do wonder how many of us there are I suspect it's more than people would think but most of us are hiding in the closet, I hope at some point I can work up the confidence to go out and represent our community; although having said that if I can get my voice right I might be able to pass.

I work at a local hospital and personally know of three patients that are in transition. There are a couple others that I wonder about.
    Last edited by VAWyman; 11-26-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.