Thread: A very cool Mom

A very cool Mom

Since there's no category just called 'gender' , I'll post this here. Mods, feel free to move if you think it fits better elsewhere.

Yesterday I was getting a mani-pedi, and while my feet were soaking, a Mom, and her 10 or 11 year old son came a plunked down in the two pedicure chairs next to me. The boy removed his sneakers, to reveal painted toenails, and set them to soak. He got the full treatment, including garish pink polish. His Mom asked him if he wanted designs on his big toes. Yup. He got daisies on each.
    I watched in fascination, as the child was so relaxed, and in his element. I admired the artwork on his toenails, and asked if he was going to get his fingernails done. "No, I think the other kids would tease me".
    Mother, and child paid, and left, as if this were the most natural thing in the world.
    A very cool Mom, indeed.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Very, very cool, indeed! Since I was the youngest, I was stuck with my Mom on Saturdays helping with housework and hanging out while she had her hair done. I wonder if that had any influence?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    What a wonderful woman!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cool mom and cool kid!

That is a cool story!

Gold Member
    It is good to see a parent allow a child to express themselves. Whether trans or just breaking a gender "norm", kids should be allowed to express themselves to find out who they are.

A great and loving mom.

such a great mother..........

Wow! It's such a good sign, isn't it?

Lallie
    Time for a change.