Thread: Picking up the newspaper in my robe

Picking up the newspaper in my robe

I have a lovely deep blue robe that has short slits up the sides and the front. After putting on the coffee pot in the morning I go outside for the newspaper. As I always wear long nightgowns, they show through the slits in the robe, especially when I bend down for the paper. I'm not particularly worried about what others might see but I don't want to offend anyone either.

Now I always feel that I am not over exposing myself when I do this and as the street is generally empty I see no harm. What do others think of this? Do you routinely go outside with just a robe over your nightgown ?

I do this kind of thing when I pick up my mail.

Yep, I'm a big guy. Yep, I'm wearing a skirt and pretty shoes.

You have something to say about that?

-MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Yup almost every day just as you describe.

I think most people are too delirious in the morning to notice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I think most people are too delirious in the morning to notice.
    Don't bet on it.....
    Some people wake up ready to do anything / ready to fight fires ready to do what ever it takes to.......
    Others are as you say, delirious till they have had a few cups of coffee etc etc etc....
    Still rest assured many people wake up ready to grasp everything that is going on.....
    You just never know. Truth be told, most people don't really care what their neighbor is doing.
    Still some people want to control the time of day you go to the bathroom......
    People are strange! Might also depend on what type of community you live in......

Like you, I usually get my paper while wearing a pretty robe over m nightgown. However, I have already made up my eyes, used an electric shaver, put on a touch of blush, lipstick, put on earrings and rings plus my wig. I do usually take a quick peek to see who, if anyone, is out on the cul de sac that might pay attention to me. Sometimes I do put a shirt and pants over my robes to be less obvious
    Hugs, Carole

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I think anything that doesn't have the potential to result in an indecency charge is fair game
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

My neighbor lady does this all the time and I have seen other GGs do it. So go ahead you're OK
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I live in Florida. I don't need a robe. It's 85 degrees today. I have panties on under my short nightie, so what's to see?

What are my neighbors going to say:

You know that guy who wears a dress when he's barbecuing?

Yeah?

He was wearing a nightie when he picked up the newspaper.

Oh.

I get the paper in my robe every day. On workdays, no one is around that early, so it doesn't matter. On weekends, I go out later, in daylight, and people are out and about, but I really don't care what people think. I wear a long robe with a mandarin collar and a zipper front. My wife is scandalized when I do this, but hey, she bought me the robe in the first place, a pink one, no less! I've been doing this for quite a while without any commentary from anyone.
    Last edited by Diane1950; 11-24-2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added info

Heck not only do I go out side in my robe but since I live out in the country and the back of the house faces a large pasture and field I even take a leak off the back porch..... Lol I know TMI. Seriously I do go out back fully dressed from time to time but listen for cars pulling off the highway onto my road. Neighbors can drop in but they are about a 1/4 mile away.

I have a favorite spot down town to go to in my nicest dress and if anyone rolls up on me I grab my cell phone to keep my face hidden and I take long walks there. At the house I go out in whatever I want, often in a white nightie and am not to concerned. My neighbor is part of a gay lesbian church and doesn't even pay attention.

Banned Read only
    I go out for the newspaper in male PJ bottoms and a ratty white tee shirt. Robe? Who needs one?

I do it every morning for my daily newspaper. Pink robe over whatever nightie I wear to bed, and pink slippers. Nobody has seen my yet perhaps because I'm an early riser and the paper is in front of my door, so it's just a quick open door, retrieve paper, shut door, pour coffee, read comics.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I sometimes pick up the paper in my nightgown, but only early in the morning. I usually wear a wig.