Thread: I'm giving up crossdressing, forever

I'm giving up crossdressing, forever

Today, I finally did it. I took yet another step towards my transition. I officially am giving up crossdressing, for good.

Although I have not worn any male clothes since August 15, I didn't purge them quite yet. But now I know for sure that I am ready to let go of my male clothes, forever.

I first let Cody try on all my male clothes and to take anything he likes. Although he is smaller than me, believe it or not some of my clothes do fit on him. The rest, I donated to Out of the Closet. Hopefully, someone who really needs them can have them. They're good clothes after all, they're just not for me.

I feel yet another huge sense of relief all my clothes are female. The only male clothes allowed in my apartment belong to Cody.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

I love it! For a year everytime I wore boy clothes I felt like I was crossdressing. I too have finally given up cross dressing
    Lol

Congrats, Michelle!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I have not thrown out all of my male clothes yet. But I only approximately know where they are. "Somewhere in the basement". I did go through a while ago and "thin the herd", but I like my Rainforest Frogs T-shirt (even if I don't wear it anymore), and the sweatshirts were not sold as gendered. I have a quilted flannel jacket that I am having difficulty getting rid of: it is decidedly more on the Male Looking side on me, but it is also very functional. Perhaps I will offer it to some lesbians, as it is certainly Plaid enough to be stereotypical.

Congratulations!

You and Cody are both very cool and I look forward to seeing y'all again soon.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Junior Member Alice-n-wonderland's Avatar
    I'd love to able to do that, somehow be in the position to get rid of my male stuff, and live as a woman.

I threw out/gave away the majority of my male stuff about eighteen month ago, but for some reason kept some. Old jeans for gardening. Why? I have old girl jeans. Some Hawaiian shirts. ??? Stuff like that. There was no rhyme or reason. About a month ago I finally got EVERYTHING. They even smelled like testosterone.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Congratualations!!! I'm very happy for you. Soon, you will not
    be a transgender woman, you will just be a woman, maybe you already are.
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Untitled
    Now that is a purge we don't regret
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I couldn't have said it any better myself (in fact I didn't even try).
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gold Member
    Glad you were able to pass some on. I wasn't so quick to toss mine, just didn't wear them. I am sitting at my daughter is Idaho's home and my son-in-law is taking a lot of it, especially winter coats and dress clothes. Bonus!

Congratulations Michelle. All the best for the future.

You got me there for a secnd, but then I thought why is she posting this in the TS section?

I'm really happy for you, and share your feelings of relief, as I did the same a few months before going full time, and more recently gave away the last few could-be-mistaken-as-male clothes I had left.

And congratulations for helping some people on the way!
    Life is a dream we wake from.

Woo who!! that is my kind of Purge!!

Congrats

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Congrats, Michelle! I'm glad to hear of your milestone. We need to get together again soon!

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Good for you, Michelle! Until a few months ago I still had a nice collection neckties that I wouldn't dream of dropping off at Goodwill. So, I took all of them to a support group meeting and let the trans-men choose the ones they liked. They were thrilled. If only I could hand over my remaining facial hair too...
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

That is a big step Michele in your transition to have only women's clothes in your closet. I am happy for you and remember when I took that step which was very gratifying. Good Luck in you transition. Love, Emily

congratulations on a huge step!!

When I was about to do that my boss (a woman) told me to keep some of my shirts. Her idea was "you are going to need something to paint the house in sometime!".

hugs

Veronica