Thread: Things my wife says....

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar

Things my wife says....

My lovely wife can say the silliest things....

Yesterday, whilst stripping the motorbike down to replace the rear brake pads and to complete some other minor maintenance, my wife, pointing and me with my greasy hands and surrounded by tools says, "So, if you become a woman, who's going to do all this?"...

I never knew estrogen levels were inversly proportional to mechanical competence!!!!

Perhaps I can make do in the future by crocheting some new rotors.
    Call me Donna, please

My SO thinks my mechanical abilitys and honey dos are sexy. My tool belt and tools make her very loving. Yah!

Ha ha, nice post--I can identify because I have pretty good mechanical skills--My wife thinks I am the black McGyver (google it, youngsters) LoL! Sadly, she still does not want to understand how those "manly" skills can coexist with my "softer" side.

Cheers,

Jill
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Well, you wouldn't want to break a nail would you?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Gone to live my life
    Hey Donna,

LOL . . . thanks for the chuckle to start my day.

Hugs

Isha

I love it, that was cool

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    That was a cute annecdote. I don't know why being a woman would preclude one from doing that kind of work though. One of the best mechanics I ever met was female, the best electrician I ever worked with was a woman.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Instead you need to teach her to get her hands dirty. Its amazing the things people can do but dont think they can because they never tried. Next time teach her one of your greasy hand projects and in turn have her teach you a lady like project. It could be fun.
    Besides my response (in my head at lest) to a question like that is. "A women has been doing these projects all along"
    I believe women can do just about anything a man can do. Its all in relation to body size and if they want to. There are alot of thing I cant do that other guys can, just because Im not strong enough.
    Last edited by Erica Marie; 11-23-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    Erica

My wife and I have it sorted, she mows the lawn and I earn the money to pay for the gas.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It is funny to think about. But then how can I balance the love of cooking and my skills as a wrench. I take care of her vehicle and mine and two motorcycles. I also cook and actually make her leave the kitchen. Donna lets throw on a pair of coveralls and tear some bikes apart, then I will cook a fabulous dinner for the four of us. The coveralls are to keep the softer clothes clean. Have a blast in the garage girls, we can do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagirl View Post
    Perhaps I can make do in the future by crocheting some new rotors.
    Use steel wool.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Donna, being an Aussie you may want to remind your wife of Kylie Minogue as Charlene in Neighbours

She Trained as a mechanic
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I think the correct answer was "I will, just because I wear a dress doesn't mean I lose technical ability" I have seen this in my life. The auto repair guy trying to explain to me what a CV joint is. The guy at the hardware store telling me I need a specific screwdriver.

I didn't lose function or skill when I put on a dress and started transitioning. I did gain perspective. And the ability to pretend I didn't have the ability "Why honey, thank you so much. I don't know HOW I could have ever put that big old battery in my car"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

ha ha, Donnagirl

Persephone

Well, I don't have much in the way of mechanical skills. I know how to drive my car and where to put the gas. Everything else I leave up to the professionals I pay to do any maintenance or repair work. I'm much better at (and more interested in) baking. As for mechanically-minded women another good fictional example is Kaley on Firefly. And for real world examples, plenty of women I know. Silly gender stereotypes. :P

Just tell her you wanted to show a different kind of "mechanic's cleavage" for once!!

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    As an Auto Technician for 35 for years, I a test to that I can fix cars dressed pretty just as good as in drab. Other than getting use to the girls getting in the way at times. I know after working all week as a male, getting dressed up and fixing our stuff around the house on a weekend makes getting out there and getting it done at least a little more fun.

Gold Member
    I am a retired Carpenter Foreman; In that position, I at times, hired female Carpenters.
    One petite girl, and cute also, was a very good trim carpenter, she did an excellent
    job, and was rather quick at the same time. My Super at the time saw her and the wonderful
    work she was doing and said..." She is going to make some guy a great husband"
    We all had a good laugh over that one. Even the girl thought that would look great on a resume.
    Rader

Great post Donna! So good to "see" you smile...I can see it in the post. I also do all the cooking and groceries and half the cleaning, but also do work on my cars (and bikes when I had them). This weekend I changed oil and wash and wax and didn't break a nail!! Major Coup Lots of gals work on cars. Our youngest daughter is a real petrol head, so we hang together to work on the sports cars (now in storage for the winter )

pink gloves and you are good to go!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Cute story. Gave me a good laugh.

I liked it. I stopped doing anything related to technical, because, no matter what it was, did not measure up to my ex-wife's father. This was long before I knew who I was.

Bobbi