Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I ever wish my husband wasn't a cd?

Do I ever wish my husband wasn't a cd?

My husband and I were at a gay bar recently where we met a nice lesbian couple, maybe a couple years younger than us, (early 20s). We hit it off right away and sat out on the patio area with them for about an hour or so. My husband and one of the girls got up to get us another round of beers from inside when the girl I was left sitting with asked me if I ever wished my husband wasn't a cross dresser. This is something I never gave any thought to before honestly it's all I know. We met and started dating our senior year of high school and before him I only really had two real boyfriends, most boys just wanted to be friends with me.

His dressing has always been a fun part of our relationship, and amusingly was kind of an ice breaker for us. I had a major crush on him and sat behind him in a couple classes and he always wore girls skinny jeans (as most skater/scene kids did at the time) and on more than a few occasions when he would lean forward to talk to the girl in front of him I noticed he had panties on and one day I very awkwardly told him so. The first time we hung out outside of school I played dress up with him and we had so much fun and those are some of my favorite memories. I wouldn't trade that for any typical "first date" with a "normal" guy.

What we have may not be considered normal but it's ours and I wouldn't want it any other way.
    11/15/12 ride or die

sounds like you two are meant for each other!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A long answer to find your question.

But, after reading it all, I'll take that as a, "No", Katie?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You are a wonderful,accepting Lady, Katie GG...Great to have you here!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I would also say no is the answer to your question. My wife and i have been married for 35 years and she has known the whole time that I am a CD. We have had fun with it over the years. He should be thankful to find someone as understanding as you.

Katie, I bet if you could clone yourself you would have thousands of request and mine would be first.

It's pretty cool to know that there are girls out there so accepting and your husband is very lucky.

ahh so the secret was to wear panties in high school and accidently show them off!

haha!

he's lucky some jock didn't notice instead!

Katie, as a gurl with a spouse that's almost as cool as you are about things, I can tell you it makes all the difference in the world. Thank you for sharing and being such an amazing lady.

Charlotte

imagine if you had asked HER if she ever wished her partner wasn't a lesbian!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    You two sound like fun!

Platinum Member
    I guess, given the historic (but seemingly waning) prejudices against gender variants, it was a fair question. The beauty is that for you, the answer is clear and affirming.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    imagine if you had asked HER if she ever wished her partner wasn't a lesbian!
    LOL
    if I was sober I might have been able to think of something witty!

Thanks so much for all the kind words. I really wouldn't change anything about our life together, before I met him the only thing I knew about cding was what I saw on tv and the fact that guys I knew might actually do it never crossed my mind. I just remember sitting behind him and seeing just a hint of a pink waistband and having a million and one thoughts run through my head. "why is he wearing them? Does he know? Does he always wear them? Does his mom know?" lol I know maybe I'm a nutter butter but that's the reason we started talking in the first place, so if he wasn't a cd I probably wouldn't be married to him at all.
    11/15/12 ride or die

you ROCK Katie
    can we clone you so others can be so lucky

Katie,
    I think it is wonderful that you feel that way.
    If some other relationships strted in a similar way I am sure there would be less DADT.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's a really sweet story. I love it! Sounds like you 2 have a great thing going.

sweet story, best of luck to you both for the future x

Gone to live my life
    Hi Katie,

I guess that just demonstrates the power of love to be able to see past the physical into the person and I believe that is what you have done with your husband . . . lovely story BTW.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Getting into a pair of panties can produce a wonderful outcome, this can be interpreted several ways.*&%$#

Nice story Katie... You are indeed a very fortuitous and star-crossed couple...

Maybe you should sidle over to crossdressersvives.com and post your story of acceptance and harmony there, perhaps give them all a glimpse of light from the otherwise black-hole-like dark side..

My only regret is that your delightful openness and individuality serves to remind us how relatively unusual you are..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Good for you both. A lovely story and I wish every happiness to you both.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Love it, Katie. Your acceptance, and the acceptance that my wife and many other SOs seem to demonstrate, makes me wonder once again if we (TG people) default automatically to thinking that the world (and the majority of GGs) despises us based on the negative actions of a small minority...and that in reality, far more GGs, particularly younger, are accepting.

Banned Read only
    Wonderful story! It is refreshing to read about relationships that are accepting of their spouses' little quirks. It's also refreshing to see encounters like yours where there is full knowledge he is a cross dresser before the relationship even gets off the ground. I wonder how the young woman would answer if you asked her if she wished she wasn't a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieGG View Post

What we have may not be considered normal but it's ours and I wouldn't want it any other way.
    Yep know exactly what you mean
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Well I call it a curse, my wife calls it a gift, and believes we have a close relationship because of the dressing. I guess she loves the best of both worlds.