Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: giving up crossdressing

I can't stop ever

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    So far, I know of 2 committed CDs who have quit. Both for women in their lives and also because of age ruining their feminine appearance. Growing old is a fact of life, and continuing to be the woman of your dreams gets harder and harder as the wrinkles get deeper and deeper! Oh yeah, and let's not even talk about gaining weight.

I'm new here but not new to cd'ing.

I've gone through the same process you are about to go through. I've been cd'ing for 40 years on and off. I thought I could stop whenever I wanted. and did many times. I would put it into a box, metaphorically speaking, and shut the lid with a massive padlock. I had every opportunity to tell my current wife of 10 years, but I thought no - I can do away with all this. Then it creeps back into your life, somebody finds the combination to the padlock, it wasn't me your honour. I began buying clothes again, and was very careful, but the guilt and shame wore me down. I'm basically a straight honest man, brought up to do the right thing always. I became a grumpy pessimistic man. Then she asked me outright recently, so I said yes. I knew I risked much, not just the inevitable divorce. I wanted to be relieved from the guilt and shame.

I've been through divorce before, it hurts on so many levels and in so many ways. But she was almost relieved, am I gay (no), do I want to be a woman (no), so it's just clothes, make-up, acceptance, etc (Yes!). I am one of the lucky ones. But her biggest concern was that I hadn't told her at the beginning of the relationship. She still hurts from that.

So would have done things differently, heck yes. But that is with the exact science of hindsight. She would have accepted me then as she has now. I would not have known that 10 years ago.

It has been said already, it's a tough call. Only you can decide the best course to take.

But two things I have learnt over the years;
    1, I can't stop this, it's in me, part of my DNA, and,
    2, hiding it from the one I love is not only mentally unhealthy but also doesn't give her 100% of me warts and all. I was denying my SO the opportunity to choose.