Thread: how long

how long

did it take you to get uss to go out drss as women and how long did take you to fit in and bleand in

Knowing I liked to dress but not going out? 35 years.

From going out until becoming able to blend, more or less? Another 10.

Practicing practicing and working on details until it feels easy and comfortable to be out? Another 5.

Passing without question? I won't live that long.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Hmm... interesting question. For the first 35 years of my life or so, I dressed in bits and pieces, and did lots of gender non-conforming things, but never fulling dressing. Then it occurred to me to put it all together and thus I began fully dressing. From that point it took maybe a couple of months before I started going out. From that point to successfully blending? Hmm... maybe a couple of years. But that idea is relative. There have always been those that will spot me and it continues to happen all of the time. My wife and I think the reality is that the vast majority of humanity really does not care what others choose to wear.

To go out solo I have always had apprehensions but I was dressed up and dragged out by three girls when I was eighteen.
    Having support is the greatest asset you can have.
    I have never looked back since.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Once I started doing it, a couple of years.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Being a late starter to all this, it took me less than 6 months to go out into the real world and interact with others. I started from zero with no previous true desire to ever dress up as a woman. As for fitting in, who knows because in reality I fit in if others more or less tolerate me and maybe even a few accept me. Also, when starting from zero, everything I do, including what I did yesterday, do today and may do tomorrow are learning moments for me. And, yes, I have improved and continue to improve my ability to look and present better. That also makes it easier for others to not really always notice what I am and helps them feel more comfortable in talking with me up close.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    todays learning cure is alot shorter, thanks to the information highway available now as compared to the past, between this forum, the web, you tube etc...you can move up that ladder rather quickly. But it IS about the journey, NOT the destination...enjoy the ride and have fun. If not your just going to chase your tail your whole life anyway.

Once I began going out it took me about a year to be comfortable and feel like I belonged.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Been dressing at least in little bits for over 30 years. I still do not go out presented as a woman. I only go out underdressed

Hi,
    How long did i take to be comfortable in myself as a female and being in my clothes and being seen by others , two days, a matter of having to and know i would be looked at and people would wonder was i a male dressed up or a real female .

Im more than comfortable in my self, not how i look, i have the confidence to be seen and talked / talk to many 1000,s of people and i have done that

,im confident in what i do and i express who i am i dont mind my photo being taken for papers and TV NZ just when you know you are embarrased with how you look , it makes me wonder why this kid , some one else should be doing what i do and they would look far better than i and do far better yet im the one whos doing and being seen. You stand in front of 100,s of people and talk to them see how it feels and what it does to you ,

when you know you are so exposed in how you are seen whats the best words,,,,,,,,you struggle with it every day knowing you dont look like a female ,

Fit in and blend in thats a laugh for me. i stand out so no hiding . you just have to live with it,

Being accepted is what keeps me in line and knowing i have many lovely neat friends around me. so thats my compension and being able to do what i do.

...noeleena...

It's a question of developing a discerning eye. I think that many CDers in the beginning focus on the type of looks that they notice as men … short skirts, big boobs, high heels, etc, which are all things that don't blend in very well unless you're at a night club. So start noticing what women are wearing in your area with an eye for the average and not the one woman you might see whose look you admire, but who dresses differently than the rest. You will develop your own style in time.

But makeup shouldn't take too long to master. Watch a few youtube videos and practice every day for a few weeks. You'll soon get the hang of it. The trick is to hide beard shadow, trim your eyebrows if they are bushy, and don't wear too much eye makeup or use a color on your lips that is too strong. A shade or so darker than your natural lip color is good. Also, I would invest in a makeover session to find your appropriate colors for concealer, foundation and blush. There are just too many colors available out there and it will be expensive to keep buying them until you find the colors that match your skin tone. And be sure to get a good wig.

This is a great video to get you started with the makeup and she does cover all the basics. Do buy a good set of makeup brushes. As with everything, the right tools make all the difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG2Q0wVYr9Q

Good luck!
    Reine

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I.........................................This is a great video to get you started with the makeup and she does cover all the basics. Do buy a good set of makeup brushes. As with everything, the right tools make all the difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG2Q0wVYr9Q

Good luck!
    Nice simple look! She puts it together in under 10 minutes.
    Dana Ryan

Gone to live my life
    Isha made here appearance in my life late . . . just over a year ago. With the exception of dressing up once 33 years ago, I had never dressed before. I spent two months of observation studying women (how they move, talk, gestures, dress) and practicing make-up. I made my first foray within three months and never looked back. Do I blend . . . I like to think so but then again . . . who truly knows.

Hugs

Isha

I believe that it also depends on where you are going and to dress to blend .
    I recently started to volunteer at a food bank ,so it it always jeans, casual tops and flats and so far so good.

Silver Member
    Growing up with sisters gave me a good idea of what I should wear. Inheriting their clothes gave me a wardrobe. Their critiques gave me confidence to pass. Going out as a joke whether I passed or not gave me confidence. All that took about 10 years. After that it was easy for several years to be out and about as a girl. Being small and slim helped a lot.

It's been about 70 years since I first experienced crossdressing, but I still am unable to appear dressed in p public.

I've been dressing for more than sixty years. I have never been able to understand the need, but I have come to accept it and I am at peace with it.

I think I'm on the same glide path as you.