Thread: The neighbor's unknowing donation

The neighbor's unknowing donation

So my neighbor and her daughter were going to donate a ton of clothes to goodwill, and told my wife she could have first crack at anything she wanted. While i steer away from lingerie from strangers in general, my wife pulled me out like 4 pairs of jeans, 5-6 tops (a few were SUPER cute), and some random other objects. I know it's sad, but I am super excited about the new (to me) clothes, not to even mention the fact that my wife was more than willing to help me get stuff Big step in a positive direction.

Your wife is a keeper, make sure your give her some extra special attention!

It wasn't always like this. It took a lot of work and conversation to get to this point. I will agree though, and she would be a treasure regardless of how she views my dressing

Sounds like your wife is the greatest. Don't let the neighbor catch you in her clothes that could get weird! Donations are the best, about six months ago it was my job to take 3 big bins of maternity clothes to goodwill only 2 made it.

Well, not letting ANYONE around here see me en femme is the plan....My son is 12 and goes to school in this tiny little town, and I dont want to make his life more complicated than it has to be.

Platinum Member
    Your wife did a very nice thing and it is a good sign for things to come. Find a nice way to thank her.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Sounds like quite the score Claire! You're going to model for US though, right?!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Claire, You are so lucky to have such a wonderful wife.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You have the right attitude with the second post " she is a keeper no matter how she views my dressing". I think you have hit the nail on the head when you say that. Usually we guys that have wives that are keepers find a way to keep them pleased no matter their views on all our weird quirks we may have. I'm like the rest do something extra special for her and keep the whole train moving forward and on the right tracks. You are right on keeping things uncomplicated on your son. Kids have enough to worry about just growing up. Good job and sounds like your a great family man/ gal.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I've bought or been given 2nd-hand clothes before, felt no problem with them. A few years ago someone left a really good pair of hiking boots here which I knew were my size. For some reason I found them creepy, wouldn't even put them on. Then I went somewhere I knew I'd have to walk a lot and decided to take them- it felt sooo creepy to put them on, but then...I realised how incredibly comfortable they are.

However, now I'm back to thinking they're creepy again. I think it might be because the previous owner has Alzheimer's and I'm afraid of 'stepping into his shoes' or following in his footsteps, or whatever the expression is.

OK, a bit weird, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Your wife did a very nice thing and it is a good sign for things to come. Find a nice way to thank her.
    Though maybe giving her some stuff from Goodwill might not be the best thing
    Last edited by Katey888; 11-25-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

I have been enthused by the selection from others castoffs given to me.
    Some people buy more expensive clothing than I generally do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

SHE pulled that out for you? Not just let you get it yourself? Great! You will now have to share some photos! There´s nothing sad about second hand clothes. Throwing out clothes somebody could wear is sad. And looks like you have reasons to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    However, now I'm back to thinking they're creepy again. I think it might be because the previous owner has Alzheimer's and I'm afraid of 'stepping into his shoes' or following in his footsteps, or whatever the expression is.
    You´re creeped out? Then how should I have felt when my then girlfriend gave me her dad´s gaucho boots when we went to clean his house two weeks after he shot himself? No, he wasn´t wearing those boots when he did it.

I believe words have a lot of power, so if you believe wearing those boots will get you Alzheimer´s, they will, but it´s your choice, really. I wore those boots until I went full time (they fit me like socks), and have no intention of killing myself :P
    Life is a dream we wake from.

I don't know why, but I read the story and thought of the Pink Floyd song "Arnold Layne", a song about a man who stole women's clothing.

Except it wasn't steeeaaalling, right?

Sounds like you got a great find. Treat your wife good. you got yourself a keeper.

I love all the stories girls. Thank you for sharing. I agree with the other girls, you have a wonderful wife. Wish mine was as supportive.

It's been an almost 5 year journey to the acceptance I have now. She's even offered to do my make-up if i go to crossdresser support group in my area. The biggest issue we had my my total lack of respect for her things. Take the lesson ladies, get your own lol

Silver Member
    Just don't let your neighbors see you wearing their clothes unless you don't think it will bother them. A couple of mine could care less. I bought a top from one and wore it the other day. When she saw me the other day with it on she smiled and said, "always liked that top".

I'll bet the neighbors will be surprised when they see the clothes that were destined for Goodwill, on you.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

You can see all the clothing pics here
    Tell me what you think, and be honest...I don't take offense, and would love some pointers!
    http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/cl...nger1/library/

Some of my earliest stuff came from that kind of source. My Mother would collect clothes from friends to be donated and I would always have a good look through. I wasn't squeamish about underwear either as it was invariably clean and washed.

Funnily enough I managed to get my hands on some clothes not so long ago. We rented out our house for a while to two women. When we moved back in I found a bag of clothes that was clearly to be given away or dumped. Some nice stuff not all of which fitted me though. But I did get a pair of shoes in my size, 7. Very pleased with that.