Thread: "Thank you, Ms. Cook"

"Thank you, Ms. Cook"

It's been over a week since Claire has been out and about, so yesterday Sue and I decided to run some "girl" errands. At CVS we got some combs, body wash and women's over-50 vitamins (I restrained myself from buying more makeup.) I have several credit cards in Claire's name ("family cards") so used my M-Card to pay. The gentleman at the register rang everything up, then returned the card and said "Thank you Ms. Cook, have a great day".

That sounded so nice, and felt so natural! (This has only happened to me once before, when a Macy's saleslady thanked "Mrs. Cook"; I wear a wedding ring.) Has this happened to any of you, and have you had the same reactions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    I had to think...I really can't recall, which makes me think it's never happened. My given name is Kim, so that's how I'm usually addressed, along with the occasional ma'am. It would be fun!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There's something about being "Ma'amed" or "Miss'd" that is very satisfying, isn't there? I know when I've been greeted as "Miss," my heart skips beats.

I can get M'amed in drab especially when I buy bras panties and skirts.
    Often you don't get eye contact with the SA serving you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ms Cook, thank you very much for the post. I get strange looks for the most part, when out shopping, but never Ms. Keep them guessing I say.

I suppose this sort of thing only happens to people with a credit card with a name on it. How else would they know our names?

Gone to live my life
    Hi Claire,

Great story. Well I believe I have received the odd "Ma'am" or been referred to as she, that lady/woman.

Hugs

Isha

Silver Member
    I pay cash so I have only on occasion been thanked as Mrs. Jackson, Ms. Hamilton, and in rare instances Ms. Grant. I hope to some day get a thank you Mrs. Franklin. Truthfully the thank you ma'ams are special congrats to those who get them routinely.

A good friend of mine is an expert Christmas shopper and she usually meets me at the mall once during the holiday season to help me buy gifts for family. A couple of years ago we were in one of the jewelry stores at a busy time, and the woman behind the counter looked straight at us and said 'I'll be with you ladies in a minute'. And I was NOT dressed! My friend is unaware of my dressing, but she had some fun with that comment.