Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a quick question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just a quick question

Just curious...do you go out? How often, if so?

To keep it simple...
    1/ never
    2/ one to five times a year
    3/ six to twelve times a year
    4/ regularly as in more than twelve times a year and/or 24/7

When you do, if you do, is is a quick walk and/or drive alone, or is it with full interaction with the vanilla world?
    No judgement intended.
    Just interested in seeing how our numbers break down.

Hugs

Sammie
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

I never go out. I did several years back, it didn't provide any special thrill for me.

Probably in the 6-12 times range (partly because I average about one outing per month, and I don't usually get fully dressed during the summer when it's too hot (no wigs, makeup, breastforms)).
    I usually spend a few hours out, shopping, interacting with or at least in amongst the general public. (I almost always get at least one person in the general public asking me directions or something, and I do interact with sales clerks, shop people, waitstaff, and other service personnel when I'm out.)

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I go out as regularly as I can....more than 12 times a year...but not as much as I would like to. My issue is I ONLY work weekends..and most of my partners in crime are OFF weekends...so for me to hang out...I need to take off work...which sucks, but I do it at least once a month and only work 3 weekends out of the month ..( i know ..i work 6 days a month LOL )
    If I could only find a gal who can go out weeknights I would be out every week. Going out alone is boooooorrrriiiinnngggg and Thursday nights in New York are popping too....I am headed in next thursday if any ny gals wanna linky link.

When I do take off ...its either for a big cd event , to date my boy toy....or to go bar hopping and dancing....This thursday is a downtown bar crawl.
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 11-27-2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: off

Hey Sami,

6-12 times a year, and

it depends upon how much time I have before I have to return home either back in male mode or to clean up before family comes home. If I have more than 3 hours , then I wil venture out in full interaction, but basically fit the venue to match the available time

About once a week on average, or 50+ times a year, split between CD events, hair and nail appointments (in vanilla locations, but with little exposure to the public), and among the masses for shopping or just running errands.

That's just fully-dressed outings, though -- even in drab mode, I usually wear heels, nails, earrings and some makeup.

- Diane

Never go out.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

I've been out twice - both times walking the dog early so little chance of interaction cos I'm not good at makeup and look a little Rocky Horrorish even to my own eyes. Felt Oh so brave tho and the dog has never been walked so overdressed before or since.

Hi Everyone, Unfortunately, just one for me when I drove home to Northern NJ after a makeover in Allentown, PA with Amanda Richards. Would love to dress and get out much more BUT work and commitments are obstacles.
    Michelle

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    Out only once, driving in car at night.
    Rachel Lea

Im a 3, but only driving alone, day and night. Day time can b a pain in the @#%

Well its not quite 24/7 but its much closer to that than even I expected.

So its category 4 for me
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Just started out n the real world this year and it has been the vanilla world. I have been thinking of going to a club, what is the best night for GiGi's?

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    4/ Regularly, groceries, shopping, theatre, museums, concerts, ....um .... just about everything a gal does!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Never, with an asterisk: I had the opportunity to go out once, in a safe environment, and would do so again if I had the chance. Otherwise, being closeted keeps me dressing in private.

3 is my answer, but I'd argue that there is a missing distinction between "regularly" and "and/or 24/7" that is important. Maybe along the lines of 3-7 times per month and the "practically 24/7.

Silver Member
    #3, about 6-8 times a year

I have gone out 6 times in the last four days. Walked the dog 21/2 miles each morning in the neighborhood. Shopping again today.

Like Carrie I went out lots of years ago, but haven't in a long time, but the urge is coming back now to venture out again. At one point I would meet up with fellow CDer's, but have not done that in a year or two. I guess I would be a 1 on your scale.
    Last edited by Amy Lynn3; 11-28-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Stacy
    I went out for the first time this week. I was dressed but did not have any makeup on. It was early in the morning and I went to the grocery store for a few items. Got a few looks and had a couple of words with the clerk, but it was amazing. I am looking to be a four on your list now that I have taken my first step.

Does underdressing count? I have never gone out presenting as a woman but I do get out shopping two or three times a year underdressed. I guess I'm a one and 3/16ths - or something like that.

Woman first, Trans second
    4, regularly.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

I'm in the 4 range, I'm out about once a week to the local girls night out at a LGBT friendly bar/restaurant. Only been out a couple of other time for shopping and to a museum. I'd be out more if my wife were comfortable with that, but as others have said we make some sacrifices for having an amazing SO.

Hugs, Bria

I currently go out once or twice a week, full interaction with vanilla world. I'm working my way to 24x7 but that's probably six months to a year off. I'm at the beginning of transition, but the laser still has a way to go and so far only on spiro... hormones probably in March/April.

Only been out in public once, with some unintended full on interaction with the muggles. Was very exciting and if the wife has her way, will be doing it a bit more in the near future. But for now, it stays at just once.