Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My story in the local newspaper

You should be quite happy about this article. Very tastefully done and agreed that this was very brave. Kudos. =)

Closet shmozit! You really know how to come out, girl!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Anne, what a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Dana Ryan

Anne
    Thank you so much! I hope to be as far out of the closet as you within a year. I applaud your courage and love to count you as a sister !
    Suzanne

Banned Read only
    Wow, when you come out, you really come out. Congrats!

Aspiring Member
    So what does the head of the bull look like? You sure took him by the horns lol. You are way more courageous and brave then i am. Good luck with it
    Professional thread killer.

Thank you for sharing, and for being willing to give the interview, and the positive way the article pro-trade you, it give a good reflecting for all of us. We need more of these kind of articles. Thanks again Anne

Great story Anne.

After what you went through this summer at the fair to still have the courage to come out so publicly amazes me. Thank you for giving of yourself.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Wonderful article...you should be happy and we all should commend you on being yourself!

Great article Anne!!! Thank you for putting your story out there.

Hi Anne

What a great story, you have a lot of courage. Stay in and keep going on, it's your life. :-)

Big hugs
    Henriette
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

That takes a lot of courage! Good on you for living your truth.

Gold Member
    So being an attorney, did you ever get to freak out and yell "Objection!" in court? I mean I don;t know what type of attorney you are but you know, if you ever had to defend (or prosecute?) criminals, I just think it would be fun.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Amazing and powerful. This quote is super deep: "Here she was fighting for her life, to live so that she could see her daughter grow up and I’m fighting against living,”

Hi there Anne. It's sure been a long time since I've corresponded with you, but that's mostly because I just don't come here much anymore. I'm just not the girl I used to be, I guess - or at least not as often as I used to be! But never mind that. This isn't about me. I read the article about you, and let me tell you how amazed I am with it all. I'm very happy for you, and somehow sad at the same time. It's a horrid thing that this gender dysphoria does to us. It eats away at us, and when exposed to the light, can destroy much of what we hold dear in this life. I hope that you and your family remain tight. Your wife seems like quite a woman, and your daughter will always need her....well......her other parent, as it were. You'll always be her daddy, even if you don't look much like one anymore. I will always hold the hope that your life rewards you well, that pain and suffering eludes you, and that happiness finally finds you. It seems that you are on a path that is right for you, though. Stay brave, stay focused, and stay true to yourself. Perseverance is your middle name, I think! Overall, good for you! People always talk about how brave soldiers are. Transexual people have a special kind of bravery, and you are the stuff heroes are made of.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

That's an awesome story, Anne2345! My story is similar. I too, wanted to "BE the girl", not just be "WITH the girl. I am 43 now. I started transitioning in Feb. of 2010. Like you, I used to overcompensate in my youth, with working out at the gym, getting muscles but always knowing that someday I wanted to be a woman. But I tried to always suppress that thought.

Now I pass as a woman 100% of the time! Even my voice which, had been my most bothersome giveaway, is much better now. It's great! I have not had SRS yet. I will get it when I can afford it. I am taking hormones and loving the effects of them! I am finally ME and I love myself for the first time in my life!

I too, have lot's of friends now, more than I ever had before. Almost everyone has been supportive of me. There is one family member who does not accept me so I don't have anything to do with him.

Congratulations on your transition! I wish you the best!

Hugs!
    Last edited by Kalista Drake; 12-12-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

Anne,

Your article is all too familiar to must of us. I applaud you for your courage, perseverance, and tenacity. I have left all the "transsexual" labels behind me and am simply a woman living my life like any other woman. I can not remember what it was like wearing that thin shell of physically being male.

I am never questioned about my womanhood anymore and no longer get those uncertain looks from strangers. I now never have to worry about "passing."

You will get there too if you are not already. Realizing you are no longer in "transition" is the absolute best feeling in the world.

It's nice to find another SC resident. I am assuming "Charleston" means SC and not WV. Smiling. There are so many of us in this great state in the deep south than people would ever believe.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

I remember hearing of your "coming out" from some co-worker at my office who used to know you professionally, Anne. Though I'd never knew you before then, I was proud that you stood up to what was going on. I finally saw the newspaper article with a brief mention of the forums here, and wanted to say hello as a fellow mountain sate resident

Anne, thank you so much for having to share so publicly. You are having a positive impact in ways you can't imagine. Young men and women who have felt alone their whole lives now know there is someone like them who has been there and became a beautiful woman. Families and friends of transgender boys and girls will be able to read your story and see what the experience and feelings are really like. Hopefully some parents will be talking to their children, and some children will be talking to supportive parents.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

There should be a medal for that kind of courage.

I don't normally come to this part of the board, but I'm very glad I did today. I'm also 6'4" and a (former) attorney. I really related to what you said in the story. As others have said, I, too, started crying half way through.

My wife is also my best friend but has also told me that she would not be able to live with me any longer if I were to come out to anyone, including our kids. So I do have an inkling of what you've had to go through.

If you are open to it, I would very much like to talk to you more about your experiences, either online or in person. If you are willing please contact me. Charleston WV is not that far from Cary NC.

Once again, thank you.

Valerie

He [sic] trained for hot-pepper eating contests, regularly shot hoops with the guys and organized touch-football games on the weekends.

“Who does that?” Anne said, referring to the preparation for competitive pepper eating.
    I love spicy stuff! This is me at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Phoenix with my whole face on fire!

BW3 pic downloaded from FB.jpg

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    WOW! Amazing to let it all out there. I hope the article helps others to find themselves.

Thank you!

And I hope you have a happy life!

You are very, very inspiring to me, Anne.