Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's why I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah_Skye View Post
    I don't get it either especially when I walk in I walk into an office (I travel a little for work) and most of the women are wearing suits and the only difference is the buttons are on the other side.
    Is that the only difference? The suits are not cut to flatter their figures? They don't wear makeup, nail polish and jewelry? They don't wear heels? No hair accessories? Their blouses have the same cut and fabric as men's shirts?

As I wrote earlier, women wear suits and pants for completely different reasons than men wear dresses and skirts; the motivations are in no way comparable and that's why male-to-female crossdressing is much different than women co-opting some so-called men's styles.

It's not the clothes; I've seen a guy around town wearing a kilt and no-one makes fun of him, even though a kilt is to a woman's skirt pretty much as women's pants are to men's pants.
    Last edited by Dianne S; 12-04-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_Femme View Post
    They’re very obviously Women, they’re very obviously not Women pretending to be, or trying to pass or blend as men.
    And that's the clue. And again, it's the societal bias against males behaving in any way as females. There's no danger to societies from females behaving as males. But when you have the protectors of the society behaving in any way which might make the society vulnerable, it becomes viewed as a potential problem, and people become uneasy in our presence. I believe it's a genetic predisposition towards feeling that way which is handed down through the generations.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi.
    I am afraid that do not accept the premise of your question. Are we not acceptable? When I go out in a dress or skirt, I always present male. I do not go out much, but when I do, it is a non-event. I do choose where I go carefully because I do not want to be in a bad situation, and that implies there are unsafe situations where I would not be accepted... However, as I grow more confident, I go to more places and situations and find that my fears were unfounded. It seems that the only place that truly does not accept me in a skirt is my home. My wife dislikes this stuff and does not want our friends or family to know about it. Others might prefer if we did not dress like women, but I predict that we could do it if we had the nerve. So, what's the difference? Women have crossed the line and worn stuff, and society has gotten used to it. We have not gone public and society has nothing to get used to. Our behavior might be the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne S View Post
    It's not the clothes; I've seen a guy around town wearing a kilt and no-one makes fun of him, even though a kilt is to a woman's skirt pretty much as women's pants are to men's pants.
    Now there's an oddity. I have a kilt and love wearing it but it definitely presents in boy mode. I get noCDing feeling when wearing it. On the contrary it's enhanced machismo. Don't know why....

I am surprised no one had mentioned that it is common knowledge Grant wore Ladies nylon panties exclusively.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    It simple really...
    Women are still viewed as second class citizens...as the weaker sex.
    Men are are viewed as the stronger sex, the protectors.

So.......
    For women to dress/act as a man, it's a step up ... she is often commended for doing so.
    For a man to dress/act as a woman, it's viewed as a step down and........there must be something wrong with a man if he wants to take a step down and not fulfill his male role in society.

Then, you have the homophobic males who hate male gays but gets tuned on by lesbians.

It all comes down to human nature and I don't think it will ever change .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 12-05-2014 at 08:30 PM.