Thread: Starting a Meetup group for single Tgirls

Starting a Meetup group for single Tgirls

Hi everyone:

I wanted to share with you my experience of starting a Meetup group for Tgirls. I, like many other crossdressers and transgender people, have often struggled with the question of how to find a suitable partner. (There are so many posts on this forum about that very topic!) I happen to be seeking a man who likes a crossdresser, but I appreciate that many here are seeking genetic women as partners, or even other transgender people.

I decided to start a meetup group where single Tgirls could meet admirers in my city (Toronto). I wanted something that was low maintenance to run, and so I've kept the focus on dinner meetings. I choose dinner venues which are friendly to trans people (usually within the LGBT village) and it's up to members to RSVP and show up. I started the group 2 months ago, and there are already 45 members of the group. They are comprised of 29 people who identify as trans, 13 male admirers and 3 female admirers. Some of the trans ladies themselves identify as admirers of other trans ladies! We have already had 2 dinners where 8-9 people showed up each time.

I don't know how long I will be interested in running this group, or whether people will lose interest. But my thought is that if, at least, one couple meets through the group, it will be worth it! I share this in case other members of this forum want to start something similar where they live. I think that we are moving to the next stage in our development as trans people, and that is to not be shy to seek out meaningful romantic relationships. Information about our meetup group can be found here: http://www.meetup.com/GTA-Single-T-G...heir-Admirers/
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

Maya, I am very proud of what you have done. Everyone in your meeting group is a better person because of your efforts . You should be proud . Peace, mel

hello maya,

i had gone through the process of starting a meet-up for my local area and when i got to the terms they mentioned fees and i backed out, at this time i dont have the resources and added it to a thread i started to have local support in my area as i had some difficulty with a group i was trying to join. hoping with a few folks sharing in the expense it can get going soon...

glad to hear you group is going well...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Any way you can make friends in the TG community is a good thing. Well done.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    We often have dinner with our local social dressers group, Maya. They r scheduled before big club dates. The music is so loud at the clubs it's hard to communicate there.

Your dinner partyies of 8 or so sound perfect. We usually have 12 to 20 at ours. And, I find I can socialize easily with the 2 across the table and those on either side of me. And, occasionally yelling down the table at someone. But, there r invariably a few folks further away I would have enjoyed talking to but when seated and eating? It's pretty impossible!

Hopefully, u meet in the bar first? So everyone can mix and mingle at will?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    There's a TG meetup group here in Dallas. It works great - I think you'll have a great time and make some friends.

Well done

Maya, that is great. Kudos to you. Big Hug.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    good news!!! There are lots of CD groups on meetup...from what I have seen most are well moderated and free of creepy dudes. I encourage every one looking for others for support or things to do to join a CD meetup group in your area .

Thank you all for your good wishes! I think what makes this meetup group a little unique is that this is a group focusing on helping trans ladies find suitable partners. Most trans focused meetup groups to date are social groups allowing trans ladies to get out and about dressed. This is a little different Wish us luck!
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

I think it's great idea, Maya! Kudos to you for organizing it. And best wishes to you and anyone who joins it!

I'm in a TG group for girls (no admirers) and another one that includes admirers. I personally am not into admirers, but I'm not afraid of them, as long as they take notice of my very obvious (faux) engagement ring.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.