Thread: I'm sure I'm not the only one......

I'm sure I'm not the only one......

Through all of my experiences, though not as complete as many of you, I find that I LOVE getting dressed up and/or trying on new outfits. If I could get locked in the Dress Barn overnight, I think I would die happy. However, I find I do not like WEARING the clothes. After being dressed (I don't "present", wear makeup or a wig and it is always in private) for a short period of time, I want to either change or get back into my guy clothes. My mind is really focused on what I am wearing, rather than what I might be doing, which takes away from the enjoyment. I have found myself of late going shopping (Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Target have excellent fitting room set-ups for girls like us), picking out a handful of outfits and heading into the fitting room for some fun. I then thank the fitting room attendant and head for the door. I feel a little guilty about this, but what's a girl to do?

Make any sense?

Kandi

Candy-O, I need you, Sun Dress, Ruby Ring
    Candy-O, I need you so, could you help me in?

I get what you mean I love wearing new clothes and it can at times feel a bit dull when they're on but I find that's normally when I'm going through a faze were I'm less comfortable or worried about getting caught, when I'm relaxed about dressing I find the prolonged experience to very pleasurable.

Agreed, the longer I can leave my clothes on the better. Especially if I got nicely made up.

There is a different kind of thrill in trying on different things...and I think we'd BOTH die happy getting locked in a Dress Barn haha

I have to disagree Kandi. I love the feeling of a skirt bumping on my legs, the swish sound of taffeta, the light feel of silk or crepe. the longer I wear them the better. To paraphrase the song "These are a few of my favorite feminine things!"

Banned Read only
    Kandi,
    You don't mention a partner so we don't know how much your dressing time is restricted !
    Women use clothes buying as a lift sometimes and I think CDers get that same feeling ! It sounds as if you get a buzz from buying and then lose it very quickly ! I wonder if your CDing use to be sexual and you immediately discarded the clothes feeling guilty and ashamed and that after feeling has carried on ?
    Don't forget there aren't any rules with CDing so if that's what you do, no one is going to criticise you for it ! I guess you feel it's a waste of time and money !

As for being locked in a department store, I don't think we stop wishing that !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-04-2014 at 03:09 PM.

I have been dressing for so long that I really feel a bit awkward when I am in men's clothes. I have no idea why anyone would wear pants when a dress or skirt is so much more comfortable. I must admit feeling a breeze under my skirt is quite enjoyable. Kisses

Good advice all. This is a good place for me to just try and figure things out.

If it would work for me I would dress 24/7. It never get old for me. New or old outfits all the same I love it.
    Angie

Kandi,
    I think we share similar fantasies.
    I did get to try on clothes in a dress shop after hours andit was one of my girlfriends friends that managed the shop.
    I did buy about 7 different garments though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Kandi, my H is a cross 'dresser' not a cross 'doer'. It's a sexual thing for him and all about the fantasy outfits. I know he tries on about 20 different looks whenever he occasionally indulges (I prefer not to participate these days) and none stay on longer than a few minutes. He's worse than me on a rare fancy night out!

Quote Originally Posted by clearlakequeen View Post
    I have no idea why anyone would wear pants when a dress or skirt is so much more comfortable.
    A dress or skirt is more comfortable simply because it's what we want (or our minds expect) to be wearing. My warm up sweat pants are far physically far more comfortable than any dress or skirt. But my brain wants to wear dresses, so they 'feel' better.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I can't say I don't enjoy being crossdressed. I do. But I think I like the process of transforming at least as much as (maybe more than) being transformed. Sometimes I plan for a dressup session - exactly how I want to make up and what to wear - and I do exactly that and stay that way through the session. At other times, I feel compelled to change in to a different outfit, or wig, shoes, etc. I don't know why. For some reason "no, this just isn't doing it for me", so I change.
    Whether we dress for the process or the end result, it doesn't matter. There is no right or wrong way to crossdress.
    For your guilt, just buy something you try on occasionally.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't enjoy my "trying on sessions" that much. They're more like work than fun.

Even my actual dressing sessions can be a bit stressful. I have to be careful that everything is put on in the correct order. Without forgetting anything.

After I put on my face and wig and the tranformation is complete? THAT'S when the magic happens and it's worth all the effort!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!