Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blindness

I hope your thread doesn't morph into the old cause of crossdressing argument. The question "can a blind person be a crossdresser?" Sure. Why not?

Can a blind person win a cooking competition? Yes. Christine won Master Chef. Totally blind, but not from birth. One of the judges asked if her blindness was an ADVANTAGE, not a HANDICAP. Perhaps, having enhanced senses of smell, taste, and texture could be to some advantage. But, especially in a timed competition, more than offset by the need to take more time handing knives and other kitchen tools, and around hot pans and their contents. Nevertheless, given no extra time, she won.

Blind people can do what others do, except for those activities that rely on sight (shooting, driving, etc.) For many crossdressers, it is visual. Many, though, dress and never look into the mirror.

BTW. This site is a little difficult, but not impossible, to navigate using a screen reader, which a totally blind person would rely on to read the posts.

They may be out there...just not here.
    Cara

I did once meet a blind lady at a transgender Celebration.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Cara Lacey View Post
    BTW. This site is a little difficult, but not impossible, to navigate using a screen reader, which a totally blind person would rely on to read the posts.

They may be out there...just not here.
    Good point. I once came across a reddit thread for trans partners and there were at least as many partners of FTM as there were MTF posting.

I guess it would be hard to try and figure out if Visual Stimulus is a factor in this world we live in...... Just 1 more unanswered question to add to the list including....why me, what did I do to deserve this, will I ever get over this, do I give up and just finally accept who I really am ect...ect...ect....

interesting Lee, I never asked why me?. I was always pretty confident in the fact that I am what I am and if other people don't like it to heck with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisalove1976 View Post
    I guess it would be hard to try and figure out if Visual Stimulus is a factor in this world we live in...... Just 1 more unanswered question to add to the list including....why me, what did I do to deserve this, will I ever get over this, do I give up and just finally accept who I really am ect...ect...ect....
    Cara

I. for one, don't blame the "magic mirror". I don't have to see myself dressed to get "stimulated". Actually, I can take myself there in my mind alone without physically dressing, just by visualizing (in my mind) being dressed. But, I'm a sexual dresser. Not everyone is. I hope it stays that way, too, to be quite honest. I'm pretty sure the urges or desires are not brought on by visual stimulation.