Thread: Dating: As a Cross-dresser (Protective Thread)...please add!

Exclamation Dating: As a Cross-dresser (Protective Thread)...please add!

TO ALL MY FRIENDS (now...and later)...please read and take heed (no, no poetry here – lol)

I have noticed, from those that I have meet, that the SOFTER, feminine emotions run rather freely within this community...and I thank you ALL, for all that you ALL, have done to help me 'understand' my new reality...(yes, you may have to read that a few times? Lol)

Maybe I should have posted this in the Writers Section?

And now onto a serious matter: Dating as a CD...and your protection...some advice (please add)
    1. Police check: Probably most of you do, or have, volunteered...everybody now requires police checks to become a volunteer (Canada)...any possible significant other should be in-line with the trait of 'Selfless Giving'. They would have a Police Check.
    2. Stay in contact with a friend (have 'code words'). Text a friend while dating...every hour (or whatever...text an “A” for good and an “X” for 'in trouble.
    3. Inform somebody (even a friend on this site) of all the details (later) of the person you plan on meeting
    4. DETAILS:
    name
    address
    telephone number
    licence
    please feel free to add to this list......
    and I would have absolutely NO problem asking for all this information prior to even discussing where we would be going.

Thank you,
    Mia
    WE are ALL children of The Universe...and YOU ALL have a right to be HERE
    Quotes, please see: Martin Luther King, Einstein, Aristotle, Plato, Deepak Chopra, Dalia Lama, Epicurus, chogyam Trungpa, tao te ching, The tao...to name a few.
    Paul Simon - "Under African Skies" & "I Know What I Know"
    Mia's 'One Rule' Rule: "My Life...My RULES!"
    NW-10

Hi Mia,

All very good advice for anyone thinking of dating...

We do have a sticky thread with similar advice (here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...Meeting-Others) that emphasises these safeguards. It's mostly common sense, but for those that do read the media section there are often some bad stories of trans* folk that are in the wrong place at the wrong time and end up being a victim.

I don't know about police checks though... we have a similar process in the UK for volunteers but one is only allowed to apply for your own information to a basic level of disclosure... seems kind of strange to be turning up to a first date with a certificate to prove that you have no convictions etc... and some folks (especially dodgy ones..) may try to forge the documents as most people wouldn't know a real one from a fake...

It is a funny old world when the innocent are required to pay their own government 25 sovs just to prove that they have no criminal record...

Maybe I'll just stick to marriage....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I have checked the link...ALL good advice...can we leave this post up for a little while...to advertise that link?

Mia

Oh, in Ontario (Canada)...criminal record checks are free if they are for volunteer purposes.
    Last edited by Mia Brankovic; 12-07-2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spell
    WE are ALL children of The Universe...and YOU ALL have a right to be HERE
    Quotes, please see: Martin Luther King, Einstein, Aristotle, Plato, Deepak Chopra, Dalia Lama, Epicurus, chogyam Trungpa, tao te ching, The tao...to name a few.
    Paul Simon - "Under African Skies" & "I Know What I Know"
    Mia's 'One Rule' Rule: "My Life...My RULES!"
    NW-10

Well I don't plan on doing any dating but never say never. I know it would be very exciting to think to go on a date as Maria. But I think I would apply the same rules I tell my kids! I believe using common sense you would be OK. Thanks for the reminder because sometimes talking on this site and having everyone here with something in common I could see it very easy to let down our guard a bit.

Banned Read only
    It is a central dream to date as Ophelia, but to date a GG only. I am part of that majority of heterosexual crossdressers.
    It is a difficult thing so far to find a discreet and fun female date.