Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drinking and Dressing

I never underestimate the pleasure of a glass of water

I`ll Have another!!!!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Usually no drinks, never exceeded one drink. Too much trouble to deal with shapewear, pantyhose, etc. if I need to pee. Especially with press on nails.

Aspiring Member
    Drank and dressed to great success*, told the guys**, they were surprised.

*I downed quite a fair bit of alcohol not too recently, changed into a dress and wig (no makeup) and took a few selfies, which wound up as my entry for the Miniskirt Challenge of all places. I did recall performing a risqué dance in front of the mirror later.

** During a spin-the-bottle session with ex-classmates, I was forced to own up to the worst thing I did under the influence. Clearly I had never drank 'enough' at all, since CDing is not necessarily a bad thing inherently.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 02-16-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Years and years ago I drank enough to develop a hollow leg. Seems I could drink endlessly and still keep my edge. Got me through several wars and near wars, and lots of post and pre-combat situations. More to the point, it dulled the sting of many terrible memories.

Nowadays, the hard stuff is a byproduct of bygone days. Anymore my drinking is limited to food/wine pairings, and I prefer to embrace dressing for the serenity it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy66 View Post
    I always heard that friends arent supposed to let friends drink and dress. Please dress responsibly.
    Haha...love this!! Good one!

I'm not a heavy drinker by any means. When I'm out one gall of white zin is good enough for me. I don't get buzzed in either mode.

I don't know about drinking and dressing, but I DO know about the dangers of drinking and shopping!
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

Ok I will give this thread a go. I am pretty much a social drinker, hardly ever drink by myself at home. When enfemme I will have a glass of wine with the wife. Male me can really over do it a bit when my two best buddies and I split a bottle of premium bourbon. So I guess that my drinking habits depend on how I am dressed. Who knew.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I sometimes have a drink or two while getting ready, but that depends on time of day I'm dressing I reckon. Now as far as going out the way I see it it's no different dressed than in drab, you have to be cognoscente of how much drink either way. I a lot of times go to the bar and shoot pool with some other girls I know, or we may just have a few drinks and talk. Anyway you slice it you have to control your alcohol intake but as long as you don't over do it I see no problem with drinking and dressing.

Well i cant dress if i am "normal" it is so stressfull if i didnt take something,i would love if i could enjoy in dressing spontaneously without changeing my mind set with chem. but that is how it is.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I've never drank while dressed up
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I do not dress while drinking, it takes a lot of concentration. Yet, on our Friday nights, we always crack wine. After a bottle, my SO went and got some out of the carton. She is a lot smaller than me and managed to fall and her earring put a nice slice in her ear. So, never over drink. It can be hazardous.

I'm not a heavy drinker, 1 or 2 at the most
    3 i'm under the table, 4 i'm under the host

I haven't had enough chances to dress as I'd like, but one thing is for sure, when I do have a drink the urge to dress Is overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I think we would need proof for that considering men get into bar fights frequently
    It does, but only in chronic drinkers. They get softer (yellowed) skin and body fat in the 'female places' (boobs, bum and thighs instead of tummy and moobs).
    I see it occasionally at work, most of them will eventually die of liver failure.

To answer the OP.
    Alcohol loosens me up - dressed or not.
    But when I'm dressed and I have a drink, I'm definitely less reserved and I talk more. I gesticulate more in conversation.
    I relax, I embrace my girl side more (or that's how it feels), I drop the male 'me' more easily and let Samantha take the helm for a bit.
    Samantha -x-

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Regardless of gender presentation, a drink or two a day happens, and my doctor has been telling me for years that a drink a day has shown to have positive medical benefits.

With that said, we couldn't let Tina drink just ordinary stuff of any kind, so we developed a drink for her, called "The Tina", and the first think she does is make one before she starts transition. That one will last quite a while and then we'll share another, or something else during our evening, but that's it. In all honesty, Tina is always too busy to drink very much. Her time is precious and is always a whirlwind of activity.

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    A few drinks makes dressing more fun.

I drink a Martini before dinner every night, and a glass of red or white with dinner, irrespective of how I'm presenting. It's part of the routine which keeps me from eating my dinner out of the frying pan over the sink. However, I am very careful about alcohol consumption when I'm outside the house. Drinking, Dressing and Driving can be a very nasty combination. I'm pretty sure that in most states, short of vehicular homicide, the only offense that will get a person tossed into jail is driving under the influence, and it seems likely that being a transgender in a drunk tank is not likely to be a good experience. So, if you're heading out for some fun time at the local GNO, just remember to not get too carried away with the booze, or have a designated driver in the car. "All we need is a ten and a fiver, a fake I.D. and a sober driver, B Double-E Double-R U N Beerrun!"

NOt noticed if it enhances or detracts. I am careful about drinking anyway. I enjoy that glass of wine or a beer from time to time but doing it regularly depresses me and I don't sleep well.

Dressed or not, I have two cocktails every evening. On occasion with the right company, it gets a little more involved.......... While dressed, I am very cautious and pay close attention to my surroundings..... military training, situational awareness!! Drink, be merry and responsible!!
    Joann, a Jersey Shore Gal.
    "Be True to Yourself"

I feel drinking and Dressing, is like drinking and doing anything, will just get you in trouble,

I do enjoy my cocktails every evening,but when I used to go out dressed the rule was 2 and that's it. I didn't need a DWI while dressed. Not always easy though. A few years back I went to a lesbian bar where I was made very welcome. I had my 2 and switched to O'Douls. I was just starting to feel pretty mellow too. Better safe than sorry. 😀

I like a social drink dressed or not

I'm kinda like Kandi here. I drink less when I'm me, maybe because I'm more myself and comfortable. (Or maybe it's because I don't want to mess up my girlish figure? Oh, maybe as usual maybe Isha has it right-on -- it's tougher to get the nails and eyes right after a drinkie or two!)

Seriously, if I'm dressing and driving, the last thing I want to do is have alcohol increase the chance of a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club