Thread: Maybe society cares less than we think

Maybe society cares less than we think

I recently traveled on Amtrak in the Northeast corridor dressed 'in between', and no one batted an eye or said anything.

I was wearing this sweater (http://www.landsend.com/products/wom...uery=447394OHX) with a VS 'add two cups' bras underneath (which are very molded so you definitely saw significant bumps under the sweater) and a tight waist cincher that made the sweater look right. I had women's skinny jeans on, and women's flats.

No makeup or wig, though I do have shoulder length hair. But I have a 5 o'clock shadow by 9 am if I shave at 7, so there is no mistaking my real gender unless the lighting is poor and the makeup is heavy.

There are morons and assholes, of course, but most people are good people, and don't care what you are wearing as long as you aren't a jerk to them, I think.

Sounds like you had fun, Alyssa!

A couple of years ago my spouse and I did a 6,000 mile 14-day Amtrak trip around a good bit of the U.S. We spent several nights in sleepers, shared mealtime tables with others (crew paired us with some couples, but often with two single women at a seating), all, of course, with me en femme. Never had any issues, questions, nor problems with anyone, crew nor passengers.

Next to an RV, train travel is the best!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Read only
    The only comment I would make on your analysis is people will tend to ignore anyone as long as you "do not violate their space." If a person acts outside the norm, then the person seems to "prove" his self or her self. I think it's the "not in my back yard" syndrome. I think too many people view non conformists as a potential threat to their erroneous beliefs. A guy in a dress in many areas is considered to be a pervert and you'd better watch out for him. Of course, most perverts preying on little boys and girls are usually those who appear safe: scout leaders, teachers, ministers, and, yes there is the occasional guy wearing a dress who is caught in the bathroom molesting a boy or girl.

I do believe society is more accepting of gays, lesbians, transgenders and cross dressers, but, there is still enough bias out there to wreck my day.

I,ve went out half done up before myself and believe me, I did not turn a head or cared. And your right. Most people are good and don't care barring people watchers who find things in people to put them down so they can build up their own low self esteem. Dressing for me is the best thing that has happened to my own personal self esteem and feeling good and, I be damned if, I let someone point of view invade my space.