Thread: trans-form-hers

trans-form-hers

Transsexual, the term first derived in 1920's then used by Harry Benjamin in the 60's. Lately term transgender overshadows the above in the more vague though an attempt to bring the attention to the point of the matter.
    However, said that, TRANS is nothing more then period of time during which ones struggle with definition of truthfulness of self is settled, and embraced as the point of beginning of inquiry, progress to truth, and strive towards congruity within self.
    Once there, compelled by the own definition of ones comfort in being SELF, the individual is no longer TRANS, as he or she is no longer pursuing, but well within congruent being.
    I would love to see a start of a revolution of the term which would begin to describe the complexity yet fulfillment of who one truly is, as I suspect, for most, being simply a woman or a man is precisely who they always were!!!

Platinum Member
    I do think that the term transgender serves a purpose for those of us, who by some fluke of nature, can't quite firmly identify ourselves as wholly male or female, and provides a useful umbrella term for the spectrum of people who don't fit in a binary conception of gender. But I also do like the idea that those of you who have transitioned may some day feel the transition is over and you are male or female.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    ...I suspect, for most, being simply a woman or a man is precisely who they always were!!!
    You hit the nail on the head. Once we have completed transition from one gender to the other, we are simply that gender. As for myself, I am a woman, not a trans woman, not transsexual but simply a woman like any other woman.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

I am the type of woman who is very strong and speaks my mind directly to others. I would make it perfectly clear that addressing me in any form other than a woman is totally unacceptable.

If they were friends or relatives, then they would have to accept/conform or be left behind. I have no interest in being around anyone who does not respect my womanhood or think they can make derogatory comments to me or about me.

Life is way to short to allow others to rain on your current life.

I was so fortunate to be able to start my life as a woman in a new location where no one knows me from "before." But even if they did, I would take the steps I have already stated.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 12-10-2014 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Reference to deleted post no longer needed

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

I have always been a girl on the inside. Even my bones are girl. I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a uterus in there. And I'm finally a woman on the outside, with the exception of that 1 cubic inch that once told a doctor "boy". Even then, on the unofficial "birth certificate" used to mark the bassinet, it was "boy?", so even then the doctor was in doubt.

Once I do the SRS, I will have a body that's female.

However, I will always have the unique and extraordinary experience of seeing and experiencing life as a male (not really a man or alpha male), and as a female.
    I can't get pregnant - I'm almost 60 and even if I had the equipment it would be a very bad idea even if it were possible.

As someone who is transgender, I can help others who are transgender.

And yes, transgender is deliberately intended to cover the broad spectrum from the fetish dresser who does it in private to the post-transition transsexual who is now living life as a woman no trace of boy parts remaining.

Like many, I struggled and often tried to push myself to the more "cis-gender" side trying to be content with fetish dressing and only at home cross-dressing, but there was never any doubt - deep down, that if the genie could grant me one wish, it would be to be a pretty woman. For many years, my one remaining hope was that reincarnation was an option and I could come back as a girl. Of course, if I killed myself, that would be bad karma, and I might end up as a girl in some country where women are "circumcised", treated as property, and are little more than slaves. Which at least kept me alive long enough to transition.

However, there was so much, for so long, that I wouldn't admit to ANYONE, not my parents, not my therapists, not my AA Sponsors, not my Spouses. Outwordly I was "normal" and just a fetish dresser or cross-dresser. Inwardly, I would wake up at 3:00 AM wondering how I would make it until morning, how I would make it through the next 24 hours, and the thought of another 20,30, or even 40 years of being in this hated man's body made me want to end it ASAP.

Thank God I was able to ask for help, I GOT help, and I got the support of a loving wife and family. Today I am Debbie to everyone, and everybody likes her so much.
    Today, I look forward to being a sweet old grandmother even if it means I can't wear skirts as short as I used to, or heels as high as I used to.

For this reason, I hope that I never forget what I was, and that I'm always willing to share my hope and encouragement with others.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success