Thread: Just feeling ugly and crapy

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar

Just feeling ugly and crapy

About once a month or so I get in a state... I feel crappy, down, and not my regular girly self. I swear its that "time" I generally only lasts a day or so then I shake it off.

I know its purely mental as I'm neither a cisgender female nor am I taking hormones at this point and dealing with any hormonal fluctuation.

But just saying... I'm crabby, crappy, and blah.

trying to smile... Jennifer

...maybe its just the full moon and I should go out on the back deck tonight and howl...
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 12-09-2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: How about editing your post/the edited topic is not permitted for discussion

I hope you cheer up soon My go-to relief...shopping therapy. I bought two cute bras, and to die for yoga pants today, and I wasn't even feeling down! When I'm bummed out, look out jewellery store.

I've noticed that shopping really helps improve my spirit. It can simply be walking around looking at what's on sale trying on few things and that'll do the trick. My wife says its my femme side throwing a tantrum.. Jijiii

Hi Jennifer:

Sorry you are not feeling your best. Hope I didn't pass it along to you !!

I totally get what you mean. Sometimes stuff just catches up with you, ya know? You've got a lot of balls in the air right now, so don't beat yourself up for getting stressed about it and getting down. But I know for sure it can overwhelm sometime. Hope you can do something to treat yourself, even if it is just something little...

Yes, it was just a full moon, so maybe that is what is getting us wound up??

Anyway, you know I am here if you need me.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

A hug for you girl

Shopping is the best when I am down. A real close second is going to shoot my rifles. That is a great stress reliever for me.

Hugs
    Rachel
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Banned Read only
    We all get like that from time to time. I am especially bad when it is gloomy outside. Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream usually does the trick though.
    Last edited by Jorja; 12-10-2014 at 06:39 AM.

I know the feeling, too. Recently I could've taken the opportunity to dress a bit and have some fun, but I just wasn't feeling it. Like, if I tried I would just not like the way I looked so why bother.

Sorry you're feeling down. I hope it passes soon.

This time of year is always tough for me. The holidays haven't meant as much to me since I got divorced a couple of years ago.

I think that howling on the deck or chocolate ice cream is the answer, You might try the ice cream first, then howl if necessary, repeat as needed!

Hope you are feeling better, Hugs, Bria

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I rarely, if ever, get depressed. I've got too many things to look forward to!

But, the folks above have the answer for u, Jenn. When u feel a down period coming? Do something u know will be fun and make u forget feeling bad or make it pass quickly. Like the song Julie Andrews sang in the movie when she was down? "These r a few of my favorite things"?

U don't have to sing a song. Just do something u'd do when you're feeling good!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thanks all. As they say that too will pas. A little retail therapy, some Ben and Jerrys after a long workout and a nice evening out this evening to a local trans group has brought me back on track. We all have ups and down times all we ask is that the ups out weigh the downs. It's nice to know the the support group here watch over each other.

Couple of big days ahead.

Hugs to you all.

Cheers... Jennifer

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

New toys are always good for a temporary distraction.
    @Erin "You've got a lot of balls in the air right now"?????
    Last edited by donnalee; 12-14-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Everyone feels down from time to time. It's just not us girls as it is a very natural feeling just so long as it is temporary and not sending you into the abyss.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Traci;

One thing I draw on is the time(s) I've spent in Africa; namely Kenya and Tanzania. Our trials and tribulations pale in comparison to what many of the folks in the bush deal with on a day to day basis. When I'm there I see smiles. I see children playing and having fun. I see people going about their lives and dealing with the day to day challenges that they have to contend with. It helps to put my little issues and struggles into perspective.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.