Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is your closet still hidden?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member ashleymcculloch90's Avatar

is your closet still hidden?

For the ones that SO already knows.
    Do you keep all of your woman things hidden still or do you keep them in the open?

Also where all have you hidden them in the past?

I keep all of mine out of sight even though my wife knows (she knows but hates it) and my hiding places have been everywhere. In the cabinet above the freezer, under our bed, in my car, under Christmas stuff in the basement, and many others.

I ask because I hate hiding it, it makes me feel like I'm being sketchy and I don't see anything wrong with being feminine. Even if it is to the max.

All my stuff is as out in the open as it can be. My cosmetics on one side of the vanity..her's on the other. Clothes hanging and in drawers just like any other clothes would be. I can see your point; sketchy is seldom good

Banned Read only
    My wife knows I have "some" women's clothing. I really do not try to "hide" any of it. She knows there is a box of lingerie in my nightstand. That box has my original purchases which are mostly full slips. I keep the remainder "hidden in plain sight." I have about sixteen Zerox boxes of dresses, shoes, lingerie, etc in our converted garage. It was suppose to be a recreation room, but, it primarily storage. I wish I could hang my 115 dresses in the closet, slips and panties in a draw, etc, but, there's just too much. Since my wife is not accepting of cross dressing I've never told her of my purchases. If I were to drop dead tomorrow, my wardrobe will be an eye opener for her.

@ Arial- How did you get to that point of understanding? Had your SO always been on ok with your dressing? Or did it take time and convincing?

Aspiring Member
    Ashley, if your wife doesn't like crossdressing, it's doubtful she's going to grow to like it any more than you'll grow to not like it. It's possible over time that she'll mellow enough to allow clothing in the closet. But understand how confronting your femme items are for a reluctant wife. Depending on how you are with all this (will having easier access to your items cause you to dress more?) will depend on how she responds. If every little inch she gives, you take a mile, you'll back her into a corner and your 'stash' will never see the light of day. But show her how considerate and controlled you are with your dressing, letting her see that her man will be the primary presence in her life, and you will have a better chance of a less restricted life.

Before I told my SO, My things were in the closet right where they are now. I would just make sure that my drab clothing was the first thing you saw if you opened it. My heels were in boxes, as all my other things such a makeup, enhancers and such. My Wig was kept in the basement behind some boxes.

After the talk and such, now my femme clothes are more visible and the closet is about half and half between my femme and drab clothes. My heels are on a couple of shoe racks that line the bottom of the closet, everything else is on the shelf, and my wig is in the spare bedroom on a stand. If anyone ever does see inside this closet, which I ever doubt would happen, she has already said she will claim everything
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I have almost all my clothes and shoes in my small bedroom closet along with my some man stuff. The closet is almost 5' wide I guess. The rest of our clothes are in a spare bedroom we converted to a walk in.

Make-up is in a large Armoire along with hers. She has her shelf I have mine.

Jewelry. We share a jewelry box. Tights and the like are shared in the tights box.

Bras and other shape wear et al are in my dresser mixed with all the male stuff.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

@2B Natasha- same question, how did you reach that level of understanding?

Well. I am one of those that told my then future girlfriend later to be wife. Within 10 minutes of meeting her. I knew this was not going away and I didn't want to waste her time or mine because I wasn't going to hide it. No let me also say this. I was 38. Divorced and had made piece with myself and wa happy being by myself.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-11-2014 at 10:57 AM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Yeah I did not have the confidence I do now about being Ashley, I met my wife 10 years ago(we where both 14) and have been dating for 9 years. Married for almost 2. I admitted to myself about needing to be Ashley about a year ago and told her soon after... I fair mess it has become.

Mine's in plain sight.

I guess I should start hanging more of them in the closet. Sure would look neater
    DonnaT

Platinum Member
    No hiding....about 2/3s of my closet is taken up by women's wear and a shoe hanger...my dressers are no more than 20% male stuff. It's all in the open, along with my wife's and makeup.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I really don't have much stuff. But it is still hidden in my room. In case any of the maintenance staff need to do any work, or neighbors drop by. That really does not happen much.

Well I keep everything hanging in closet there's no hiding it. My wife say for me to be free to anything I want to explore we shop together but my taste is much different then hers. I'm to fem for her. She enjoys taking the pictures of me dressed says she never wants to lose her because is brings the better person out in me.

Hidden on my side of the closet, although very easy to find if she wanted to. She knows, is OK with it, but hasn't seen me or any of my things.

Funny, not purging and having these things readily available has been calming in and of itself, reducing my urge to dress. It is becoming more a "want to", not a "have to".

Just a Cross Dresser Kacey Black.'s Avatar
    The one wig I have is in plain sight, wardrobe is on a roll around clothing rack and covered up most of the time. Makeup is in a shoe box next to the shoes, etc. in a closet.

Tights are shared between my wife and I, and some outfits.

Banned Read only
    For all of you hiding in the closet, be careful the GPS company is sending agents around to tag every hidden place they can locate and post it to Facebook.

I have to say, all my fem clothes are more neatly arranged than my wifes! All my dresses, tops, skirts etc are hung neatly and together and undies similarly tidy and arranged. My wife on the other hand...

Mixed in with guy stuff in our bedroom closet. Shirts and blouses together, skirts dresses and trousers together, except under things no mixing because it's all girl, I don't have any guy stuff any more.
    Last edited by Jackie7; 12-10-2014 at 08:24 PM.

While not 'hidden' my clothes stay in my own drawers and I don't think my wife is ready to see things in my closet and I'm not ready to hang things out where friends and visiting family might see just yet. Maybe once the kids get a little older we'll discuss it, but until my girls are old enough to understand the discretion that would be required, my feminine attire stays put.

I have a few things in the back of my closet. My wife has found them before and purged them a couple of times. She no longer does that because she realized I would go out and buy items to replace what she threw out. She still is not tolerant but at least she doesn't purge.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

My wife does not embrace my crossdressing but she has come to accept it. My cd clothes are either hanging in the closet (dresses, jackets, etc), on the closet shelf (mostly shoes and wigs) or in dresser drawers (lingerie, hosiery). Nothing is "hidden" per se, but I leave nothing out in the open when not dressing: which is most of the time. That said, I don't tell her every time I purchase something even though all mail-ordered packages (most of my purchases) come straight to the house. If she gets the mail first, so be it. Again, nothing is hidden. If she wants to open the closet door that is fine with me, but she never does.

My situation is similar to Taylor186 - I try to keep things put away - not really hidden since my wife knows where all the stuff is and can use whatever she wants whenever she wants.

We share makeup and panties plus we share some clothes as well. All of our stuff is mixed together. She loves that I have been buying Mac and VS stuff.

My wife is aware of my stuff.
    My dresser has two drawers of masculine and two drawers of feminine shirts and undergarments. We share a closet. My side is about half masculine and half feminine. Off-season garments are in a large plastic bin. My makeup is in the makeup bag she gave me.

It is wonderful to no longer worry about being discovered.

Best wishes
    MsVal