Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is your closet still hidden?

Hell-o Ashley,
    Clothes that are meant to be hung are now mixed in with the rest if my guy clothes.
    Shoes, wigs, makeup, etc. ( things that obviously do not belong to my SO) are kept hidden.

I know Google knows where they are hidden, but none of my house guests work for Google,
    So I think I'll keep that hiding spot to myself.

Tell her how you feel about the hiding
    So she hates it, she hates that you dress, not the clothes.
    Is it possible for you to ask her if it would be OK if you hung your clothing?
    There is a good chance of things being ruined from being folded and packed
    into boxes and stuffed away.
    Just be understanding if she still refuses, and ask again sometime in the future.
    She may come aroundto being OK with it someday.
    Good luck!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

At our primary home we have a locked closet in the master bedroom. In that is my wife's clothes, a few Misty things , and my drab wear. At the second home, we have a completely girly pink bedroom whose closet is filled with nothing but girl wear for Misty and my wife. Also have jewelry boxes, wig stands, dresser and chest of drawers loaded with girl wear.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Not hidden at all anymore. My dresses hang in the closet with other clothes. (Actually two closets...I have that many!) Other clothes are in the top of the closet, and my jewelry box is there, too. I have a panty drawer and a lingerie drawer on my side of the bed. My shoes are in the nightstand, or in boxes in the corner of the bedroom. My purse, makeup case, and hair-accessories case sit right out in the open.

All my things used to be in a bunch of giant plastic tubs in a storage locker. Not long after I came out to my fiancee, I brought all my clothes home, washed them, and got them put away properly. Now those big plastic tubs hold her old Harlequin romance novels.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Aspiring Member
    Ashley, if your wife doesn't like crossdressing, it's doubtful she's going to grow to like it any more than you'll grow to not like it. It's possible over time that she'll mellow enough to allow clothing in the closet. But understand how confronting your femme items are for a reluctant wife. Depending on how you are with all this (will having easier access to your items cause you to dress more?) will depend on how she responds. If every little inch she gives, you take a mile, you'll back her into a corner and your 'stash' will never see the light of day. But show her how considerate and controlled you are with your dressing, letting her see that her man will be the primary presence in her life, and you will have a better chance of a less restricted life.

Before I told my SO, My things were in the closet right where they are now. I would just make sure that my drab clothing was the first thing you saw if you opened it. My heels were in boxes, as all my other things such a makeup, enhancers and such. My Wig was kept in the basement behind some boxes.

After the talk and such, now my femme clothes are more visible and the closet is about half and half between my femme and drab clothes. My heels are on a couple of shoe racks that line the bottom of the closet, everything else is on the shelf, and my wig is in the spare bedroom on a stand. If anyone ever does see inside this closet, which I ever doubt would happen, she has already said she will claim everything
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Sadly my wife is no longer among the living. She passed away last January. For about the last year and a half of her life I had begun experimenting with underdressing with fairly plain, not-lacy bikini panties, which I quickly admitted to her that I was switching to full-time, forsaking men's undies - and she begrudgingly accepted me doing that. I kept the rest a secret from her, because she wasn't very happy about me and the panties. My wig and my few padded bras, skirts and blouses that I had started to buy, and my one and only pair of women's shoes, as well as a steel-boned corset that I bought myself as a birthday present while out of town on a trip, I kept hidden in a gym bag on the lowest shelf in my home office bookshelves - tucked in a corner behind a wastebasket, where no one had any rational reason to poke around. At the time I wasn't seriously trying to do a full en-femme appearance that I could go out in public with - I still had a full beard, even. But I loved wearing the panties and occasionally lacing myself into the corset and wearing the padded bra and a few other feminine pieces of clothing when I was alone. And there it sat, with me not really buying anything more, until she passed away.

Once it was just me and my daughter, I risked coming out to my daughter, who I knew had gay and bi friends and was pretty tolerant of her friends crossdressing for cosplay fun. She was quite accepting of me doing cross dressing, and even joined me in clothes shopping, with me in drab and her along as a perfectly good excuse for me to be in the ladies section and carrying an armload of women's clothing. And girl, I really started shopping! My closet now is 50/50 male and female clothes, I've shaved and do full makeup when going out, and I'm going out to a club a few times each month fully en-femme.

Funny thing about my closet and bathroom today. It's far neater and better organized than when my GG wife shared it with me!

When it was me and my GG wife, we shared a large walk-in closet (about ten feet of closet space on one wall and 6 feet of space on the other) plus a six foot wide open closet bar in front of a full length dressing mirror in our bedroom that was about 2/3 full most of the time, and we each had a small dresser and some under-bed storage drawers for our t-shirts and undies and the like. We each had a hanging organizer on a door that was for our shoes. But the closet and hanging bar were a jumbled mess, and we had junk stored on the floor of the walk in closet so much that you could hardly get into the back half of it! a lot of the clothes in the closet were stuff my wife had been hanging onto that she hadn't been able to fit into since high school!

After she passed, I did a major closet cleaning. I kept a few of my wife's things that actually fit me and matched my own sense of style, and my daughter kept some of the older things in smaller sizes that she liked, and we got rid of almost all of the rest. My wife wasn't much into wearing makeup, and most of what she had was pretty much expired and got thrown out. I started my own makeup kit pretty much from scratch. The open bar in front of the mirror now only gets used for hanging outfits I am preparing to wear, or things that need sewing repairs or alterations.

I bought hanging shoe organizers and good hangars and other stuff for the closet so I could take better care of my clothes. My forms and pads and purses and hosiery are all neatly stored in the closet. That walk in closet is completely organized, with my male clothes the first thing one sees when opening the closet, all organized by type and color, and the female clothes primarily on the shorter side to the left of the door, where you have to actually go in and look around to see them, and equally neatly organized. My dresser has one and a half drawers of girly things in it, but the rest of my girl clothes and my girl shoes and jewelry are all in the walk in closet. My makeup largely stays in a case in the bathroom counter cupboard, where I can get it when needed but where guests are unlikely to notice it.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    All of my dresses, tops, skirts and other clothes requiring a hanger are on her side of the closet hanging along with her things. My wigs, lingerie, and shoes are locked in a file cabinet in our closet. My makeup is separate for the most part from hers in a cabinet, but we do share some makeup.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Junior Member ashleymcculloch90's Avatar
    Cerra- I'm sorry for your loss. But you seem to be looking at it half full. Thank you for sharing with me.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hi Ashley, My wife and I have been fortunate with the real estate ladder so we now share a large house that gives each of us a very large personal area. She has the master bedroom suite with the giant bathroom, jacuzzi tub and a walk-in closet you could park a small car in. I, on the other hand, have an area on the other side of the house that includes a full bathroom, separate bedroom and a double sized room that I use as my office, private living room and boudoir/studio. There's also a walk-in closet that I keep all of my dresses, skirts and blouses hanging. There's also room for two dressers full of bras, stockings, forms and panties. All of my sexey shoes line the walls, neatly in pairs. Wife and I are doing the DADT and IDWTSI thing so it's nice to have a private space with some breathing room. I've got a free day from work today and I'm hoping to clear the rest of her clutter from my domain. I'm somewhat of a minimalist and she's a hoarder. Go figure.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Junior Member ashleymcculloch90's Avatar
    I'm not familiar with "IDWTSI"

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymcculloch90 View Post
    I'm not familiar with "IDWTSI"
    I believe that is "I don't want to see it".

I do not have any of my own clothing.. But since my GF and I are all the same size in about everything. We just share the only thing i own thats different is a wig.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    My wife has know way before we married. She has her ups and downs with it and is currently in a down. I've taken over the spare room closet and put a lock on it to keep wondering eyes out of there. Use to keep it all in boxes but now its easy access for quick dressing sessions.
    Like now. LOL
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

I have a few things in the back of my closet. My wife has found them before and purged them a couple of times. She no longer does that because she realized I would go out and buy items to replace what she threw out. She still is not tolerant but at least she doesn't purge.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

My wife does not embrace my crossdressing but she has come to accept it. My cd clothes are either hanging in the closet (dresses, jackets, etc), on the closet shelf (mostly shoes and wigs) or in dresser drawers (lingerie, hosiery). Nothing is "hidden" per se, but I leave nothing out in the open when not dressing: which is most of the time. That said, I don't tell her every time I purchase something even though all mail-ordered packages (most of my purchases) come straight to the house. If she gets the mail first, so be it. Again, nothing is hidden. If she wants to open the closet door that is fine with me, but she never does.

My situation is similar to Taylor186 - I try to keep things put away - not really hidden since my wife knows where all the stuff is and can use whatever she wants whenever she wants.

Banned Read only
    I'm with Taylor, my wife knows where my girl stuff is (purses and makeup) but it's my 'personal space' and doesn't go there as a rule. Although it's not hidden. Half of 'my' closet is women's clothing though and she sees that every day.

While not 'hidden' my clothes stay in my own drawers and I don't think my wife is ready to see things in my closet and I'm not ready to hang things out where friends and visiting family might see just yet. Maybe once the kids get a little older we'll discuss it, but until my girls are old enough to understand the discretion that would be required, my feminine attire stays put.

Ashley,

When I started about three or four years ago I was home every other weekend for two or three years. At the last place I was working I had a two bedroom apartment to myself. The master bedroom had two standard closets where three male suits were hung and a pair of work shoes. Sophie filled the rest of both closets. I also had plenty of clothes at home when I flew home on the weekends in a small closet that my wife and I shared.

Seven months ago I packed up my apartment and shipped everything home. Is my closet still hidden? It is not so much hidden, but inaccessible. That small closet is in a room that use to be my office, but has become more of a storage/junk room that I need to clean out one of these days. Most of my clothes from the apartment are still in boxes in the garage, duffle bags in the back office, or under the bed. When my wife washes my clothes she just stacks them on too full dresser for me to put away.

Our plans are to remodel the upstairs master bedroom and bath with a large walk-in closet and make area(s).

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar

Never hidden

I am very fortunate to have a room dedicated to my girly pursuit with an enormous closet.

One if the benefits of the kiddies growing up and leaving the nest.

My girly stuff has never been hidden any time in my years of CDing. And not that it is actually plural I can truthfully say years.

I am having SO MUCH FUN with this!

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Hi Ashley, My wife and I have been fortunate with the real estate ladder so we now share a large house that gives each of us a very large personal area. She has the master bedroom suite with the giant bathroom, jacuzzi tub and a walk-in closet you could park a small car in. I, on the other hand, have an area on the other side of the house that includes a full bathroom, separate bedroom and a double sized room that I use as my office, private living room and boudoir/studio. There's also a walk-in closet that I keep all of my dresses, skirts and blouses hanging. There's also room for two dressers full of bras, stockings, forms and panties. All of my sexey shoes line the walls, neatly in pairs. Wife and I are doing the DADT and IDWTSI thing so it's nice to have a private space with some breathing room. I've got a free day from work today and I'm hoping to clear the rest of her clutter from my domain. I'm somewhat of a minimalist and she's a hoarder. Go figure.
    Ah well. I am envious of the amount of space you have to be Carla in. On the other hand, I was divorced from my last wife and I retired in 2012. I live with my sister and a cat and have a nice large bedroom and two closets full of dresses, skirts, tops, bathing suits, nighties and coats. Two small dressers with all my underwear and misc stuff including my 'toys.'

I know about dadt and idwtsi. Several friends have that problem too.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/