Thread: Pink and blue

Pink and blue

You may have noticed I changed my avatar. The old one really didn't represent me as I have yet to even touch any make-up (it'll be a cold day in your know where before there are any pics of me, I value this forum too much to scare you all off). This avatar is all me, let me explain.

First off, it's the cover of the most recent Black Keys CD, Turn Blue. Absolute genius. These guys never cease to amaze me (and they grew up and cut their teeth about 30 miles from me!).

So here is my pink and blue day:

Pink: Wake up and make a decision on underdressing, pass on it as I have a back hair removal consultation this afternoon (ends up being a lost opportunity).

Blue: I drive a truck, regular route. Have an excellent conversation with a fellow driver about high school football and our families. I even reveal a secret to him (NO! Not this one, I do have another secret, life is complicated). Really cool.

Pink: After I finish my route, I do a little shopping. I spend some time browsing a thrift store, nothing. I then head over to Macy's and after sorting through all the sale items, buy a cute blue cardigan sweater. Must be long sleeve, as I have much to hide. I am thrilled, only paying $20 for it!

Pink: Head over and get my consultation regarding having the hair permanently removed from my back, shoulders and neck. She never looks at my back (Damn! I could have underdressed). Get the quote.

Blue: Are you @#$*! kidding me! They wanted more for this procedure than it costs me for 3 semesters tuition for my daughter. NFW! There will be no backless gowns for me, I guess.

Blue: Get home, change and head to a boxing workout class. It's a one hour class, mixing cardio, exercises and boxing-related movements.

Pink: Kicks my behind. I am getting soft, struggling through the end of the workout.

Pink: Get home and weigh myself, down 14 lbs. since I admitted all of this to myself. Can't wait to try on the sweater.

Pink: Shower up and the on the sweater. The sleeves are too short. I guess I need a size that you would get for a primate. Got to go back to Macy's tomorrow.

So, as you can see, life is a giant swirl of pink and blue, pink and blue.

I really need to get a hobby! Too much time to think all day.

Be well,
    Kandi

Two colours that do not mix well in visual arts.
    Probably not that good in real life either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I prefer orange and chartreuse myself.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kandi, You are lucky to have a choice of the two colors.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    ...First off, it's the cover of the most recent Black Keys ...
    Kandi, when I read this I "heard" Black Eyed Peas in my head and almost unfriended you! Whew, good thing I read it twice.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U really like pink and blue over pink and black? To each his own I guess!

36640.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pink and blue, is an analogy for the struggle between the male and female parts of our brain.

Jenn, BIG difference between the Black Keys (saw them in September, blew me away) and the Black Eyed Peas. Glad you caught that.

K

Pink. There's nothing else to say!

Gold Member
    It makes me dizzy, and I am dizzy enough with out additions. LOL
    Rader

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I like the pink, blue thing. Had kind of a pink/blue day today, myself. I'll try to post in detail later. Off to the endocrinologist. Nothing pink about that!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Pink and blue is cool. Hey, that rhymes. . .

I love pink

Pink, a color, a singer, a Victoria Secret Line, a drink ( lemonade or martini), a fog for us girls.

Blue, a color, a show (with man group), IBM(with big), a feeling, the sea (with deep), the boy side.

feel free to add.
    Hugs