Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WHat do you love about being a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    Let's just say that what I love about being a woman is that I feel relief when I present, and that's the primary reason I do it on those days. The other days, it's fun, it's a hobby, I enjoy breaking the binary.
    That's the issue. Maybe there is confusion about what "binary" means?

One
    You say, "Let's just say that what I love about being a woman is …". Do you really think you are a woman, because then you say,

Two
    "I enjoy breaking the binary". A woman IS in the binary. The binary is comprised of people who identify fully, all the time, as either a man or a woman. One or the other. There is no "in-between" in the binary, that's what binary means, either/or. In mathematics, this is expressed as either a "0" or a "1". Off or on. There is no "half" or "sometimes". So if you break the binary, if you are outside of it, if you switch back and forth, if you identify as sometimes one and sometimes the other or somewhere in between, then how can you be the woman component of the binary?

So maybe you (and others) mean, "Let's just say that what I love about being presenting as a woman is …" ?
    Reine

Makeup addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

So maybe you (and others) mean, "Let's just say that what I love about being presenting as a woman is …" ?
    Bingo, that's my thought process. I love seeing myself in a dress with heels on my feet, beautiful long hair, lipstick, and makeup. This is how I like to look at a given time, but it doesn't make me a woman simply because I am not female. At all hours I feel like a real good looking guy who dresses well (other peoples words to describe me, not my own) and this does not change even when in a dress

I crossdress to resemble what i would have been if born a lady, and also, i make a lady, that in the mirror, is like a dream lady i would have liked to have married. And it is all make believe, and fantasy, but part of me may be wired in the brain, or chemically a bit ladyish. I feel like a combo of male and female. I dress occasionally, but am in guy clothes 97 % pf the time. When i get all dolled up, i do feel like a lady, but i don't understand the mundane things women do, except, that as a bachelor, i do all the laundry, housework, cooking a woman does. But, i am not a woman in the sense of childbirth, and monthly periods, and cannot completely be one. It is boring and no fun being an aging bachelor man, though.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 12-21-2014 at 11:18 PM.

I love being myself. I feel a lot more at ease when I am expressing myself as a Woman, almost like the pieces of the puzzle finally fit together
    www.transpottingtalk.blogspot.co.uk < My lovely blog all about Trans issues and stuff
    Follow me on Twitter @Charlottewbuzz

^.^

I am a woman. My body is male, but my personality, my psyche, my soul is a woman, and I spend as much time as I can living as a woman, which
    is a lot more nowdays, since I have my own apartment, without room-mates who might not approve.

I like the beauty of the clothes and stuff, because then I look beautiful in them, and it reflects who I am. It's more than simply picking clothes with the
    idea that I will look good in them ... I like picking colors and styles that reflect ME, while also looking as pretty as possible. Someone else said somewhere,
    possibly in another thread that unless you go for HRT, a man will never fully pass as a woman, and that is probably true. For those who can not make that
    journey, such as myself, that just means that we must go that extra bit to make ourselves as much the woman we are on the inside.

Amy M. Jackson

The clothes mabey , they are so much nicer than boys clothes after all or the feeling of calm when I slip my panties on the world melts away and everything is good , being a girl is just me

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantDebutant View Post
    Cross-dressing is all about being or rather looking like some fantasy woman. It has no basis in reality. A woman's ordinary life is not what is desired.
    Um, actually, for some, it is. I grew up expecting for god to magically fix me at some point, and that I would become a normal girl just like all the rest; being born a boy was just a mistake, you see; I was sure, everything that I knew pointed to that, and of course, I was told that over and over many times. By the time I figured out that I really was a boy, thought like a boy, saw the world like a boy, communicated like a boy, etc. etc., it was way too late, and the 'feeling female' part was sort of burned into my psyche. So stepping into a girls life would have felt normal. Living my life as a guy has always felt well, like I got the wrong part to act in a very, very long play. But I got used to it. Sort of like always wearing a pair of shoes that's perhaps half a size too small; a constant reminder that something isn't quite right.
    And that feeling goes away when I dress as a girl. Go figure.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I like the wider variety of clothing and jewelry choices. I like 'being pretty'. I like the way it feels to wear a skirt. (I sometimes wear a kilt in male mode, for the same reason!) I love being admired and getting complements on my clothes and appearance! I virtually never get random complements when in male mode, except maybe someone commenting that they like my hat. But as 'a lady' I frequently get complements on my shoes, jewelry, or on my entire outfit, and it's not unusual for someone to tell me that they think I'm pretty!

When I go out en-femme as Ceera, I'm trying to express the more feminine aspects of my mind. Am I a woman? No, and I never will be, since I have no intention of altering my body beyond maybe getting my ears pierced eventually. But when I dress I try very hard to present well and to not be obviously male. I never speak in a male voice. I keep my makeup understated and don't go for heavy 'drag queen' appearances. I really like being treated as a woman and accepted as one, though I act generally like a bisexual girl who leans strongly to being Lesbian. And it does happen, more often than not, that I get that acceptance, at least in the gay club that I like to go to. Yes, there are a lot of people who clock me as a crossdresser and not a genetic girl. Heck, probably all of them do! But the vast majority address me as 'she', 'Miss' or 'Ma'am'. It's very rare that anyone uses a male pronoun regarding me when I am dressed. And even those that make it clear that they know I'm a genetic male are usually kind enough to treat me like a lady.

I'll never pass 100% for a beautiful woman. I'm too tall, my shoulders are too broad, my hands and arms don't look very feminine (though with nicely done nails my hands don't look that bad), and my face doesn't have a classic 'beautiful girl' shape. Even if I went for the full range of SRS treatments, there are tells that could never be fully erased. But I look more pretty and feminine than some genetic girls that I have met! And I think I look more like a genetic girl than a large number of the cross dressers that I have met so far. For me, trying to present well and doing the best I can is sufficient.
    Last edited by Ceera; 12-23-2014 at 11:12 AM.

I think for me it is so much about how simple a woman looks for an evening out. Yes, the preparation she goes thru may be extensive with the shaving, hair, makeup, etc. However, consider a woman stepping out for an evening out with her man. The way I like to picture her is in a nice appropriate dress, modest heel, pantyhose, and underwear (bra & panties). In a sense, she doesn't have to physically wear a lot of things to look pretty. For a man, his look is so "mechanical" if you will. I realize there is the masculine-vs-feminine appearance of the couple but I just find that her look is so much more appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    That's the issue. Maybe there is confusion about what "binary" means?
    Ah, Reine, I have missed you.

One
    You say, "Let's just say that what I love about being a woman is …". Do you really think you are a woman, because then you say,

Two
    "I enjoy breaking the binary". A woman IS in the binary. The binary is comprised of people who identify fully, all the time, as either a man or a woman. One or the other. There is no "in-between" in the binary, that's what binary means, either/or. In mathematics, this is expressed as either a "0" or a "1". Off or on. There is no "half" or "sometimes". So if you break the binary, if you are outside of it, if you switch back and forth, if you identify as sometimes one and sometimes the other or somewhere in between, then how can you be the woman component of the binary?
    Binary is quite simple. As a programmer, I can explain it in quite some detail if you'd like. It simply means there are only two choices available (for only one numerical place). When talking about numbers, it usually means 0 or 1, or false and true (boolean logic). For genders, it means there is male and female (you see what I did there?)

So, sometimes I am a 0, and sometimes I'm a 1. Most of the time, I'm more like a 0.223 or a 0.556 or a 0.776. Those aren't binary numbers, because binary numbers are integers.

I don't always present as a woman when I hit a solid 1. I feel as I do, and, working in a mechanic shop like I do, I have to masquerade. It's easy for me to masquerade as male, I grow whiskers like there's no tomorrow, I have a penis, and no boobs. It's easy for me to pretend I'm a man when I'm hitting a solid 1 on the gender binary.

Only it's not. It causes emotional distress. Not a lot, to be honest, but that has more to do with how I've integrated the whole phenomonon in my personality. Yet there's still some distress. My coworkers notice that I behave differently (enough so that they don't try to talk to me, for the most part, which I'm fine with, being an introvert and all).

I get that there's a difference between presenting as a woman and being a woman. I also get that you can have a headache THIS BIG and it's got some OTC medication written all over it. What I love about presenting as a woman is that it makes the headache go away.

And that's the only thing I love about it. Because, at those times, I look at my body as the ultimate evil. I've got this wang thing hanging out and I hate it, and I don't have those boob things hanging out, and they should be there.

But only at times.

My oldest has come out as gender fluid, and she and I have compared notes (pronouns picked are convenient and based on gender assigned at birth). She also feels the same way sometimes, where she looks down and wants to cut off her boobs with the nearest available life and magically grow a penis. Other times? She's a proud lesbian, and I'm a proud father.

In short, the gender binary is an integer, but gender itself is actually a floating point number.

Leona, not to turn this into a programming thread, but I was referring to the binary nature of bits which can only have a value of "0" or "1" (not ".556"). Binary systems are composed of only two things. When we speak of binary gender, we mean people who identify either solidly as males or females. This does not mean that male and female characteristics are rigid, there is indeed a wide spectrum within each gender and with some overlap. Both men and women can be compassionate and both men and women can be competitive for example. Still, for people who are part of the gender-binary even the most athletic, physically angular, non-girly woman will identify as a woman and will have no wish to present and be known as a man.

I do understand that your gender identity fluctuates. My SO's does as well and for this reason s/he does not identify as a woman, nor as a man. S/he knows that s/he fits outside the gender-binary, even though she does experience strong feminine feelings at times.
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-24-2014 at 02:43 AM.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    I find it fascinating that this thread can go on and on, and yet so many here deny that many on this forum experience gender dysphoria to some degree. But don't worry - we're all straight, manly, virile men - with a twist, right ladies?

BTW, my heart goes out to folks who really are gender queer / gender fluid / etc. I think that has to be such a very difficult life, at least to live such a life openly. I see such folks experience hostility even within the trans community, because some of us snap really strongly to one pole of the gender binary or the other. The trouble is, there is no social template for life as neither male nor female, at least not in the west. I've known people who went ahead and transitioned to the gender where they experienced the least dysphoria that also minimized the amount of social crap they took.