Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHat do you love about being a woman?

WHat do you love about being a woman?

I saw this question asked on another place and so I thought I'd ask you ladies?

The thing I love most about being a woman is self expression. I really connect with this gender. I love how much more fun I am when I am dressed up. The clothes are an expression of this feeling itself. Panties, bras, dresses, skirts, blouses, stockings, heels, shoes, there are just so many ways to put yourself together and its soooo much fun doing so. The same goes for make up and fragrances. There are so many different ways to paint your face and so many different scents, it’s just too much fun!

I love the way women’s clothes accent the body shape and give the girl character. Short and sassy or long and classy, it’s all a beautiful creation.

Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

Tamma,
    For me there are so many things.
    I love the softer body, and curves. I love that I have less hair.
    I use to want to get out very curvy and sexy, but now I just want to be the girl next door and not even really noticed.

I love there are so many ways to dress.
    And the makeup yes.

When I am alone I 95% of the time dress ... I am just feminine ... just seems more natural.

Nice question.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Tamma,

I am going to be a bit contrary to few on this one. I get asked this question a lot by friends and work colleagues, well put more like this "So do you feel like a woman when you are dressed as Isha?" My response is always the same . . . No, I feel like me. Now this all seems counterintuitive when you see a guy standing before you dressed like a woman . . . I mean obviously you must want to feel like a woman if you want to be seen as one?

The one thing I have learned through therapy is that I don't consider myself a woman in any shape, form . . . physically or spiritually. I am only me. Isha is part of me (not in that crazy Sybill split personality way ) but part of who I am. In essence Isha is no more female than my male side as I am the same person dressed or not. Yes I present female but that is because that is how I choose to express that side of me. So long path to answer your question (sorry about that) . . .

What do I love about being a woman?

Nothing . . . because I am not a woman. Now if you ask me what I love about being Isha? That is a simple one. I love being able to express the whole spectrum of who I am to the Vanilla world regardless of whether I am "en femme" or "en boy".

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Tamma,
    Using some of your descriptions I can understand and accept, but it feels more like losing the guy rather than being a woman !

I have tried using some of these reasons why we dress when discussing it with my wife, they went clean over her head ! It made me question myself again the reasons why we do it, it's very hard to come up with reasons for a total disbeliever !

I love being able to feel whole. When Rhonda must stay in the background, I feel limited in my expression of who I am. I've finally realized that, being a woman means I don't need to explain myself to the satisfaction of others. My GG/BFF/fiancé (a single person) gets me, and I have the right and feel right just to just be myself, however I choose to express at any given time. She realizes that she fell in love with a person with some complexity, but that it's a whole package? My promise to her is to not lose myself to one extreme or the other. Having part of me feel female, and accepting that, has let me finally love who I am.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    My first response was going to be the same as Isha's, but really it comes to the same thing however you describe it - I love to dress as a woman and to feel more feminine, because it completes me.

Yes I adore the fabrics and the feel of a dress in the summer air, yes I love lingerie, yes I like my eyes better when they're nicely made up, but most importantly, I love being me when I'm Nikki.

And it is a very good question.

Pretty simple for me, the boobs!

i agree with isha but in a diffrent way,i have always been a guitar player and oil painter,being in the bands give some leeway in how i dress.i sort of blend things,i have always worn braclets and a erring ,people seem to accept that part of me. my thinking is its just cloths now matter what dept you buy it from, but in the end like isha , its all part of me and learning to love myself and trying to pass that love along. love hugs lynda

I really don't feel like a woman when dressed or not. I'll admit when dressed I am more patient, kind , loving and thoughtful. I could and should be that way dressed in my male clothes. I think I just enjoy the dressing and seeing myself in the mirror after I've finished. I feel a change but not in that I'm a different gender. I just enjoy wearing the clothes and love the makeup.

Silver Member
    Sorry but crossdressing as a woman does not make you a woman. You may look like a woman or feel like a woman, but clothes and make-up and breast forms do not change anyone's gender.

I love to wear pantyhose,I love to pick out a short mini-skirt&silky blouse&add a pair of black heels!
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Sorry but crossdressing as a woman does not make you a woman. .
    I was gunna say.........LOL.... but Heather already did....

I am a dude.....who likes womans clothes .....what do i like about being a crossdresser ? The answer would be the clothes, the makeup, ohh and shoes, they are all just too much fun to be enjoyed by only women.

There are many things I like about being a transvestite/cross dresser. But a woman I am not and cannot be.

I agree with others, I would not know what "being a woman" is in a literal sense.

Now if I take "being a woman" more loosely or more like "presenting as", to myself or other, I would say that I like the various choices of clothes, the feel of the softer fabrics, the way it makes me feel inside, gentler, happier, worry free.

I do not know if that makes me a different person or just express myself fully, if it has always been part of me but repressed, all I am trying to do is to not think about that too much and just enjoy it, which is complicated enough.
    - Claire

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I have to join in and say that I'm no more a woman when I dress and present myself that way than I am an NBA All-Star when I wear a jersey and dribble a ball in my driveway.

That being said, I can't tell you how much I enjoy attempting to enter that woman's world. There are several different aspects to it, the most obvious being an enjoyment of the clothing, makeup, accessories, etc. The textures of the materials, the way it fits and looks over forms and padding modifying my outward appearance in different ways is an engaging challenge. Add to that the way a wig, makeup, accessories and mannerisms add to the presentation and you have an amazing experience and world to explore. Then there are the mental changes that happen as I attempt to find ways to move and behave more like the women I know and have observed, when I'm speaking and engaging with others (or the mirror). Finally, there are those rare occasions when it comes together and I'm preceived to be a woman, even from a distance (Usually from a distance), and it reinforces the image I have in my mind.

All of this pushes the previous 60 years of male behavior and expecations to the background. Others have mentioned it and I also sometimes wonder if that is as much the attraction of crossdressing as approaching femininity is. I also have to place the hard parts of being a woman in perspective, because they have a rough road to follow. We can never forget there are aspects; physical and emotional, of womanhood that are beyond most men and need to be respected. There are also social/cultural challenges women face that we can share if we think about it regardless of how we are dressing. So while I don't know what it's like to be a woman, I enjoy the hell out of pretending that I do.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Have to agree with some of the others...need to answer this question in terms of what do I love about presenting as a woman. As for that, the look and feel of the clothes, makeup, and looking completely different from my usual male persona, at least outwardly. Physically I'm still a Dude but there's a special set of feelings that emerge that make the whole experience feel incredible.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I'll chime in with a short answer: I just like to feel pretty.

Thank you Bridgette. That is me, too.
    I'll be the first to admit, I don't LOOK pretty, bu I love to feel that way.
    It is kind of like the Eagles song; a Peaceful, Easy Feeling...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

You guys take thing literally don't you. OK I will amend the OP (if she doesn't mind).

What part of appearing as a woman (or feminine or whatever) do you love?
    (assuming you are CD and not TS because Ts's are women )
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Sorry to burst your bubble but unless you are a transsexual then you are not a woman. You may dress like one and try to emulate one but that is as far as it goes.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Aspiring Member
    Now that I'm wrapping my head around this question, I have to agree with Isha's OP to say that this is just me. Maybe a theory could say that I'm dual gendered. I don't know. I just enjoy the feel of women's clothes and seeing a woman in the mirror. I'm not flamboyant in any manner of dress, etc. and only once in awhile will I apply a lot of makeup. I accentuate my lashes with mascara all the time and that's about it. My wife hates doing any makeup preferring a natural look. I like to wear wigs to feel somehow complete and content. I feel less stress. Hope this makes sense. As an analogy, look at every woman in a supermarket or department store and the majority could probably pass as men if you only look from the neck down.

Cheryl

I do not believe in a strict gender binary - i like the clothes and I like the friendships I have with women

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ann Owens View Post
    As an analogy, look at every woman in a supermarket or department store and the majority could probably pass as men if you only look from the neck down.
    This statement isn't remotely true. Not even close! I know a good number of transmen who struggle with passing until they've been on T for a while. Most women who attempted such a thing would be taken for butch lesbians.

I have more to say on the topic of the thread - quite a lot more. But I don't have time at the moment to say it.

Feeling normal.

My self I just feel so comfortable in Women's clothing. Don't know why I just do on some days I can dress for like 7hrs. and I'm so relaxed I even do some of the house work.