Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHat do you love about being a woman?

I guess for me it is the fact I'm sitting here in a restaurant amongst 100+ Muggles as f none are the wiser.

Or if they are, they choose not to go bursting my bubble!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ann Owens View Post
    ...look at every woman in a supermarket or department store and the majority could probably pass as men if you only look from the neck down.
    Really???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    I like the clothing, I love silk blouses, tights, and those super cute soft down ski jackets us girls in the northern climates wear and love lipstick...like anyone on this forum I just need to let the woman in me out some times...it keeps me sane!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamma View Post
    What do I love about being a woman?

… Panties, bras, dresses, skirts, blouses, stockings, heels, shoes, there are just so many ways to put yourself together and its soooo much fun doing so. The same goes for make up and fragrances.
    I've been involved in this forum for a long time. I came here all these years ago to try to understand my SO. I support my SO 110% as I do everyone else here, but I've got to say that after all these years I still don't understand.

Why do you (and many other members) think that wearing these things makes you a woman? I know you're having a lot of fun, but this isn't what being a woman is all about, surely you must know that.

I've got to say that my SO does not define himself as a woman. My SO is a gender fluid person who enjoys expressing her feminine self at times. This, I do understand. And yes, my SO has a wardrobe and jewelry that anyone here would die for, but to say that he is a woman when she wears these things? No.

Or is this just a fun thing to say? If so, then I guess I can understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    .....what do i like about being a crossdresser ? The answer would be the clothes, the makeup, ohh and shoes, they are all just too much fun to be enjoyed by only women.
    Bingo.
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-14-2014 at 01:05 AM.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    I am not a woman. I occasionally like a different set of clothes and adornment from a different set of drawers than society (mostly) deems appropriate for males at this point in time.
    So do a lot of women it seems.
    But women crossdress all the time and we don't call them men....

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia View Post

The perennial argument, a female does not purposely buy male clothing to present male to society. A female buys male style clothing, designed and cut to fit the female form.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by ophelia View Post
    Wrong

If I wear a jumper that is made for a male and a pair of jeans again made for a male I am not crossdressing, If I was then I would pack to create a bulge put on a fake tash and beard...then I would be crossdressing.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Aspiring Member
    In response to some rebuttals below to a statement I made, I say YES! Really! What defines the look of a woman? Mostly it is the appearance of a feminine face and hair. Women wear jeans and T-shirts and running shoes / sneakers too, just like men. I have seen in public many times where women, unless they are very well endowed in the chest could pass as men if I erase the image above the neck. I guess it depends where you live and shop too. Just my observations. Not every woman presents an ultra feminine look nor do they care to.

Cheryl

Tread carefully kids. If this gets into "women wear men's..." we will have to find a new sand box. Got it?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

In response to some rebuttals below to a statement I made, I say YES! Really! What defines the look of a woman? Mostly it is the appearance of a feminine face and hair. Women wear jeans and T-shirts and running shoes / sneakers too, just like men. I have seen in public many times where women, unless they are very well endowed in the chest could pass as men if I erase the image above the neck. I guess it depends where you live and shop too. Just my observations. Not every woman presents an ultra feminine look nor do they care to.

Cheryl
    Sorry Cheryl, I don't buy this in the least bit and actually find the premise insulting to women in general.

One doesn't have to present as ultra-feminine to be detected as being decidedly feminine. Last time I checked, men generally don't have breasts. Their figures are markedly different as well (feel like I'm stating the obvious here).

Put any woman in jeans and a top and 99 times out of 100 I'd be able to tell you that she is in fact female. One doesn't need to be well endowed for breasts to be evident while wearing most tops or even t-shirts. Female shoulders are typically more narrow as well. They carry their tummy fat lower than men, not to mention all of the other ways women are simply shaped differently. All of these combine to make it rather simple to figure out which gender we are looking at. In the meantime, if your observation is based on where you live, then I'd move.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 12-14-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I like wearing womens clothes and emulating a woman.
    I can express myself differently, I also think you have being a woman in the wrong context.
    Your statement needs re editing.
    Think about how you are trying to express yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Please allow me to clarify some things.

First, I know men who are so petite that with a wig and some makeup and men's clothes could easily pass and you'd never know it even if they didn't wear forms.
    Second, I know two women who are built to resemble football players and dress mostly like men.
    Third, I once had an employee who was so gender ambiguous like "Pat" on Saturday Night Live that other employees were playing guessing games until I told them her gender and requested their respect.
    Fourth, I have a TS friend who has broad shoulders and large hands who has easily blended into her job without question.
    Fifth, I have a friend whose wife has a boy haircut, wears baseball caps and bib overalls, and if you didn't know her you'd think she was a boy. I saw her in a dress once at their wedding.
    And sixth, I met a rather large woman who looked like a man wearing a dress until I learned who she was.

I'm speaking from experience and never did I wish to demean anyone in any way. These are just my observations. People come in all shapes and sizes. I just happen to be observant.

What bothers me most in this forum is that I could not express my opinion, relate my observations, and be respected for it even if we agree to disagree.

I'm leaving this sandbox thread now.

Cheryl

Mellow out Cheryl. Your examples are all outliers that you used to paint women with a very broad brush and I called you out on it ("look at every woman...a majority could pass as men"). In my disagreement, I offered up evidence to refute the premise you laid out there.

This is why most of us in these pages struggle with presentation in public. The differences in genders are marked and it certainly isn't easy to suppress the myriad of visual cues that scream guy. Same holds true for women, that wearing certain clothing does not suppress the fact they are perceived as what they are...women.

Banned Read only
    ... As an analogy, look at every woman in a supermarket or department store and the majority could probably pass as men if you only look from the neck down. Cheryl
    Now that WOULD be a sight. A grocery store full of women with no heads. However, because almost everyone goes out with their heads, that analogy just does't work. Cheryl, your premise is flawed. The same million cues that tell people I am a man even when I am doing my best to present exist for women, regardless of their attire.

I have to say for me its thinking I am a woman when dressed, sorry to say but I'm not sure why I am feeling so disturbed by your opinions that being dressed does not make you a woman. I honestly should like to believe that for that instance the mind gives me the satisfaction of what being a woman feels like. I have been reading through post after post but I don't feel that I can agree. Maybe I'm wired differently and I have yet to figure it out. Thank you all

Panties <3 so many cuts, colors, etc and i like having a piece of string between my cute cheeks. And then there are skirts, tops, dresses. Soo many things and styles.

When I am shaving my legs or dressing up, even when I am just wearing cute panties, I feel more relaxed, I pay more attention to my body, the way I look. As a guy in jeans and tshirt.... there is nothing to care about. Same style, same clothes over and over again. But when I try some cute stuff, oh :*

Reality Check
    Since I've never actually been a woman, I can't say what I love about being a woman. I suspect it's the same for all of us if we really think about it. We can only imagine what it must feel like to be a woman.

Now think about this: Part of being a woman is having a sexual attraction to men (most women anyway). When you say you feel like a woman do you feel this attraction? Do you ever get dressed up and then look at a man and think "I sure would like for him to take me to bed?"

I think because of many opportunities, you could be what everr you want, you can wear a big amount of different clothes, and just fell free

What do I like about being a woman? Nothing - because I am a man. Now I may take pleasure in trying to look like a woman, enjoying the clothes and the make up, and the internal quiet pleasure that comes with the change. I shall never suffer the monthly distress that comes to most women, I shall never be able to look at a man and think I wish would bed me, I shall never know the struggle that comes from being seen as second rate - and that id the lot of many women indeed. Nor, indeed, would I want to.

It just that for me, in daily life and work, I see how women have come from being chattels (unless they are of course Hindu or Muslim, in which case they are chattels) to be a very positive force in our world. Besides, I just relate to them better than I do to men. I could not care less about football, baseball, cars, tools and so on.

I may be odd, but I quite like me.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

What bothers me most in this forum is that I could not express my opinion, relate my observations, and be respected for it even if we agree to disagree.

I don't see any disrespect Cheryl - you replied to the OP and made some assertions that others disagreed with... I get your observations but you've been very selective about your examples (I feel) - although some of those examples might not feel quite as respected if they knew how you'd described them... anyhoos...

I too crossdress... I imagine the clothing feels similar to how it feels for a woman... just pinching in all the wrong bits, sometimes - and a decent wig would probably feel similar to how long, natural hair around a neck and shoulders feels... I love the feeling of those things that must be similar to how a woman feels them - but I'm not being a woman when I'm feeling them - I'm trying my best to emulate the appearance of a woman, why? Because it makes me feel 'good'... I really don't believe it even makes me feel like a woman... Well, not in that sense..

Those of us who really feel like they are 'being a woman' are probably just further down that TS/TG curve than me, and it may well be a valid feeling...

I'm not even sure I want to feel like I'm being a woman... how weird is that...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

The problem is that the question is invalid. As we've seen on TV in courtroom scenes "Objection! The question assumes facts not in evidence." Crossdressing men are not women.

Banned Read only
    I don't think it's an invalid question at all. Some who cross dress, possibly even some on this thread, are, in fact, women - their minds and bodies are simply incongruent, and understanding that can be very challenging.

People on this forum are so quick to act as if there's a predicate like this:

TS(x) : true when the person is transsexual, false when the person is not a transsexual

And further, they act like:

TS(TheirUserName) = false

Unfortunately, no such predicate can exist, for one thing, it wouldn't begin to capture the complex realities of the situation.

I know many girls now - quite a few, really, from this site, who told me - "yeah, I'm just a CD. I'll never transition!" - who are, at present, in transition.

So I think it is a very valid question for those members here who are female identified - even the ones who are in denial about it, or don't quite understand it all yet.

But GOSH, that sure is uncomfortable for some of you to think about, isn't it?!? Why is that, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    The perennial argument, a female does not purposely buy male clothing to present male to society. A female buys male style clothing, designed and cut to fit the female form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Tread carefully kids. If this gets into "women wear men's..." we will have to find a new sand box. Got it?
    Yes, it's not politically correct to express the opinion here that women cross-dress when they wear clothing that was originally and historically designed for men - even if that clothing has now been cut to closely conform to the female anatomy. Those of us who grew up prior to the mid 1970s can pine for the days when the vast majority of women actually wore skirts, dresses and hose on a daily basis (and we do), but those days are long gone, unless you want to move to Japan.

But the observation that if you only look at a person from the neck down, women look like men, ignores the fact that we are all familiar with the fact that probably 98 - 99% of western men and women (outside of Japan) wear similar clothing (not quite approaching that horrendous period in mainland Chinese history of 50 years ago when everyone wore identical blue clothing, but close) - but due to the obvious difference in shoulder/waist/hip ratios between the genders, only an alien from outer space could not distinguish a man from a woman from a distance, based just on the observed person's silhouette, ignoring the numerous other clues.

Wearing traditional female clothing at home gives me a great sense of comfort and peace. At the mall, not so much.
    Last edited by Jeninus; 12-15-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter

Everything it all works for me. Just being me not needing to be a man all the time.It's just way cool.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha V View Post
    I have to say for me its thinking I am a woman when dressed, sorry to say but I'm not sure why I am feeling so disturbed by your opinions that being dressed does not make you a woman. I honestly should like to believe that for that instance the mind gives me the satisfaction of what being a woman feels like.
    Assuming that you're a crossdresser and not a transsexual (else you'd be posting in the TS section?), THINKING that you're a woman when dressed (this is what you said), implies that you know you aren't when you're not dressed. You yourself said that during this instance (again, your words), you receive satisfaction that you are feeling like a woman.

You are perfectly entitled to your feelings and wishes, of course. But, thinking/feeling under only some circumstances are different than actually being. Being a woman is rather a permanent state.

I'd like to comment on your words "feeling like a woman". A lot of other members have said the same. I've no doubt that you and others feel wonderful when dressed, but feeling great because you're doing something you love does not mean that this is what being a woman feels like for a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    We can only imagine what it must feel like to be a woman
    For me, being a woman feels the same as I imagine being a man feels to you unless you hate being a man. (I don't hate being a woman.) Nevertheless, the feeling is quite ordinary. And it's ordinary because I know no other way to feel. I do know that I don't feel as exalted about it as the descriptions I've read from CDers when they write about how they feel when dressed, even in this very thread. This is why I do not understand pairing a love for all the sexy things mentioned in the first post that are attractors to most men (most men love to see women in panties, bras, stockings, heels, etc, heck the whole femininity thing), with what it feels like to be just an ordinary female who is out and about doing her thing, like most of us are most of the time.
    Reine

Regarding Reine: I imagine many or most pretty women feel pretty. That's how I desire to look and feel, like a pretty woman, if that is indeed how they often feel.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"