Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning up my act!

Cleaning up my act!

Being as I am expecting company over this Christmas Holiday I decided I'd try doing my house work as Ilsa,or should I say Ilsa in the Donna Reed, Barbara Billingsley 1950's/60's persona; Taking the plunge and acting the way a woman was expected to act in that era. I say if you want to dress and act like a woman you should experience as many things about them as you can. So off I went – dusting, vacuuming, doing the laundry, the dishes, the decorations and some baking while dressed, including an apron.

And I must say that it gave me a greater appreciation of what those women did back then. Between raising children, cooking, cleaning and looking nice for their husbands when they came home from work was really quite a feat.

I got tired just dusting and doing the laundry.

I understand why women wanted to break the mold (no pun intended) and get out of the house.

So here's to recognizing what they accomplished then and now and being able to look beautiful in the process. Oh well, time to polish the furniture!

As Always,
    Ilsa
    Last edited by Ilsa; 12-15-2014 at 08:24 PM.

did you wear high heels?

Low heels, 1". Bad knees!

if you run out of things to clean, just hop on 81S and hang a right at binghamton...
    plenty of things here to clean, just a waiting for ya!

hope you have a wonderful holiday!!
    paula

Will you supply the Manhattans?

I can appreciate all that, too. Our maid, Elsie, has been cleaning our place for a couple years now. She even got to chat with the post man one Saturday morning. Oops!

Being as you're from SoCal, did the Postman Ring Twice and was it Jack Nickelson?

Understand where you are coming from. One year after my wife died I continued the Thanksgiving dinner tradition with my children and their families. I didn't dress while doing it, but I sure did learn a lot about how much work goes into one of these family traditions. I used to help her prepare these events before she got to sick to do it. I don't how they do it since they are supposed to be the "weaker sex". I just admire them and want to dress like them.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I love dressing up and doing the cleaning, makes things so much more fun!!

Also nice avatar Daarleane, very cute!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

When I had my condo, between marriages, I know I used to enjoy getting all femmed up and then doing the housework. Not to sound sexist, but it just seemed "right."

And yes, I was wearing heels, a dress, jewelry, makeup, nail polish and everything else a woman should be wearing.
    Last edited by Jenny Wilson; 12-16-2014 at 12:46 AM.

I do all the house work and most times i dress i just enjoy it and it does make it a bit more enjoyable .I hate vacuuming
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

You go girl.
    Angie

Wife gone for the weekend and she left me a list. I will be showering shortly. Vacuuming in 4 inch heels will be fun.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Let me know if you need some help. You pay the airfare from Vegas.
    1573p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    How about a Sidecar?

A couple of those and you'll soon be merrily knocking over ornaments and vacuuming the cat.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No idea how dressing could make house cleaning more appealing? I hate it! An, wouldn't like getting my maid's oufits dirty.

Besides, I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate on cleaning for very long. After seeing Sherry in my mirrors!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Welcome to my world for the past seven years (retirement). I still don't meet the expectations of the pros but I do it anyway, sometimes in low heels.
    joank
    Southern California

I have had lazy days where I don't get dressed.
    It's all too hard getting my dressing gown off.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Agreed worl is work regardless of your clothing and it is harder in heels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I know what you're talking about Ilsa! I did the same thing a few weeks back. I cleaned the whole apartment and cooked dinner for my wife in full dress and 5 inch heels. I remember sayin to my self that it looked so easy on Leave It To Beaver. I also found my boobs getting in the way of some of the simpler tasks. I have heard women gripe about this, now I understand why, but I ain't complaining.

Here's something interesting I stumbled acrosshttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/bustle...usaolp00000592

I often have the task of doing house cleaning while my wife is at work and I have to say that it almost seems pointless not to be en femme in some way. But then I suppose it's more about looking forward to having an excuse to be Carolana and be doing something other than just parading around. Housework is just one activity that can help one to feel natural en femme. Being engaged in any typical task would serve the same purpose. Agreed?

The admiration extends even more so to the woman pre WW2 who, in the UK at least, did so much of the work without all the housefold aids we take for granted.

Hi,

Lets see now since we are the weaker sex then have a go at this on xmas day i,ll be in charge of 15 women who will be working in a kitchen doing food and serving for 120 people 6 will be my runners and will look after 2 tables each = 16 people each and serve ,

To day an other woman and i went and brought in more food and allmost have enough tomorrow ill get some more and some meat is being cooked by one man who is helping us ,

We have had food donated and money to cover costs and its a good budget $1400 so we are well prepared for the day ,

This is for our Community in Waimate manly for those who are lonely and no where to spend the day in others company ,

So we start looking at what we will do long before the day 6 months and 6 of us work out whats needed,this time was my domain , the dinner is based on a typical Kiwi summer time to gether for familys and friends , we do it for free and give of our time , So i wonder why i get roped in .... it must be the food ....of cause .

...noeleena...

For me, it's any excuse I can to dress. When the kids were younger and in school, whenever I came home early I'd always dress and often do chores around the house, like vacuuming, mopping, etc. Since they were on a set timetable at school, I had no fear of them surprising me.

Nowadays, the kids are actually adults in their early 20's still living at home, and they come and go at random. I can only imagine them walking in on me as I'm vacuuming the stairs in my miniskirt, heels, and hose, as I wouldn't hear them come in with the Dyson running!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)