Thread: So needed

So needed

So it's been a rough year. The worst part being the sudden passing of my Mother-in-Law. Needless to say there hasn't been much time for Eva. Normally, my SO and I would get away a couple of times a year for a long weekend and that would be my opportunity to unwind. Not this year. And soon we will be heading to my Father-in-Law's to spend the holidays with him. So tonight was my last chance for any Eva time. Normally, I don't dress at home when my wife is in the house. Not sure why? But tonight our teenager was going to be out for a few hours and my SO was going with him. As luck would have it, she started feeling under the weather yesterday. I could see the writing on the wall. It was clear she would be staying home. Once again my time for myself would be overcome by events. After much contemplation, I decided I would just make my needs known but give my SO space if she wasn't comfortable about it.

So after dropping off the kid, we had a quiet dinner. She could tell something was on my mind. I finally just let it out, "I had hoped to dress tonight while you two were out..." Before I could finish, she said, "Well, you still can but you better hurry up!" I headed directly upstairs and changed: forms, wig, panties, bra, half slip, tights, long skirt, sleeveless blouse, sweater, high boots, and jewelry. She called her father while I was changing. I decided to go into our home office to surf the web. She came in and complimented me on the sweater and the skirt. We had bought the sweater at Steinmart a year ago but I had never worn it. I decided to try it with the skirt tonight but I wasn't sure it would match (since I'm color blind.) I was pleased by her encouragement. She told me about her conversation with her Dad. Then she went in the other room to do some sewing. Kind of like just any other evening at home.

Alas, time passed too quickly and I got a text from our teenager that he would be getting a ride home. My SO came in and reminded me that our son would be home soon. I said I knew and headed to the bedroom to change. He walked in the door just as I put away the last of my jewelry.

It was short but so needed. The last time I will be able to fully dress this year. But my SO is anxious for us to get away after the first of the year. I can't wait. I love her so much!

Cheers,

Eva D.

The time that passes between times I can dress at least helps me appreciate the times I do. Glad you have someone that is supportive and let you dress when you had the chance. It's weird but I don't like to actually dress in front of my fiancé. She's fine with it but I guess I still have a little shame associated with it.

A little time dressed can go a long way sometimes and can make the next good time even more special...

I know how special a little time en femm can be and it's really nice your wife went along with Eve's desires of self expression.....hope the next opportunity comes sooner with a little more time...................................Debra

Platinum Member
    That was so kind and understanding of her. And next year is only a few weeks away.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You r so very fortunate, to have a wife that accepts! There are so many singles, and marrieds who do not.

t

Quote Originally Posted by Ryce View Post
    It's weird but I don't like to actually dress in front of my fiancé. She's fine with it but I guess I still have a little shame associated with it.
    I know what you mean. I go back and forth with the same feelings. Not so much ashamed but feeling like I'm putting something on her that she didn't sign up for. We put our So's in a tough position - they come to understand it is a part of us that will not go away and is a need we have. They are also often carrying our little (or big) secret. When I express my need to dress, she can't really say no because she cares for me. I have to be careful that I don't push her too far (beware the pink fog!) So I try my best to give her some space in case she is a little uncomfortable. For the most part, she has been very supportive.

Thank you Ladies for sharing!

Eva

I wish I had an SO who would understand. I need to take advantage of it myself when I can.

You are very lucky to have the support of your SO, even if its only a "light support". Most don't even have that.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I understand so well- my wife and I are together almost all the time and even a few hours to myself just isn't enough to feel relaxed and enjoy dressing. Hope your pa-in-law will be ok and that something can be salvaged out of the holiday season.

I find it interesting how therapeutic dressing for us can be. Sometimes after a rough day at work, i come home & just a change of clothing is all i need.

Congratulation to you on the conversation with your So that evening, and her acceptance.

Wishing all the best to you!

Eva,
    Getting away will be great therapy, I can assure you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yeah, ditto on the 'great to have a wife that supports you'. Mine knows, but is DA-DT.

I used to get Friday afternoons off, and looked forward to having about 4 hours to stay dressed before the family come home. But as happens too often, especially when it's been a while and I'm REALLY needing to dress up, the wife or somebody else will call and ask if I can help move a desk or file cabinet or do some favor that takes away my private time. One Friday not too long ago, I ended up helping the wife move some office furniture that turned into a six-hour excursion. As we are dead tired, eating at a restaurant at the end of that long and laborious day, she smiles and says, "I bet you wish you'd spent the day dressed up instead of dealing with this furniture moving." I didn't know she knew what I did during those hours, but I guess she's more intuitive than I thought!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I'm planning to get tomorrow off for me to get dressed and try some new makeup that I bought... but as usual I'm not sure that I really get the time. And as someone said below: dressing up is therapeutic! In fact, any little thing that gets me close to my CDing is soothing for my heart (so cute! Ha! ) I dare to think it's the same for many of us. So you just have to try to get the best out of every dressing chance you got, to make it count
    Hugs!

Thanks for sharing your story, Eva; I'm glad you decided to open up so you could get a chance to dress. You deserve it.

There is something that I don't understand though, so if you don't mind I'll ask:

Quote Originally Posted by evadan View Post
    I have to be careful that I don't push her too far (beware the pink fog!) So I try my best to give her some space in case she is a little uncomfortable.
    I take it that you don't dress as much as you might like out of deference to what you believe are your wife's feelings. So if it were entirely up to you, if you lived alone and had no wife and kids, how much more would you dress … do you think you would be dressed nearly all the time at home if you could?

Basically I'm wondering if you are constantly wanting to dress, or if there any part of you that might decide to not dress at times even if you had full freedom to do so?
    Reine