Thread: World's Mildest Case of Underdressing?

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar

World's Mildest Case of Underdressing?

I may have accidentally worn a pair of my wife's trouser socks today that got mixed into my sock drawer. I mean, they look a lot like my other dress socks, but they come up higher on the leg than any others, and they feel really nice and silky. Who knows how long they've been in there? I have like a zillion pairs of socks, all in glorious disarray. Anyway, she's not getting them back

BTW, isn't it interesting that women's socks are called "trouser socks" and men's socks are called "dress socks"? Hmmm ...

Julie, you need to stop that right now! Cease and desist! With your current behavior, you are just encouraging that loathsome "menswear" trend that GG's have adopted so willingly. Stop feeding the beast, or else hand in your "Crossdresser Card" right now!

First the men's belt in that "houndstooth" thread, and now this??? Has it come to the point where an "intervention" might be in order by the rest of us here? Consider yourself warned!

Sorry, Julie but I got you beat for mildest under dressing. Due to the mystery of the dryer and socks, I actually wore 1 of my wife's socks and 1 of mine. and, yes I had to go to the Dr that day.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I haven't heard the words "trouser socks" since the Charles Dickens inspired movie I saw. Where did u hear it, Julie?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    ^I wasn't aware it was an outdated term. Type it into Google and up come hundreds of listings on the sites of major retailers and clothing brands ...

Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    Sorry, Julie but I got you beat for mildest under dressing. Due to the mystery of the dryer and socks, I actually wore 1 of my wife's socks and 1 of mine. and, yes I had to go to the Dr that day.
    I concede defeat

You are the Mistress of Overstatement...

Gave me a big snort of mirth at your first line - thanks.... fortunately wasn't drinking a fizzy drink at the time, else would have gone everywhere...

I went sailing for a weekend once, forgot my fleece but the wife's was in the car so took that... It's just not the same, is it, with utility wear...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

That sounds so like the mystery of "why do we drive on a parkway, but park on a driveway?"

I guess everyone's a crossdresser
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Julie,
    Don't tryto mess with us....
    We know!!!!

Yes dress socks is an interesting analogy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member

Get With The Program Julie.

Hi Julie, That's all that I wear mostly white ones with black loafers ( I'm stuck in the 60s' )
    I also have them in different colors to match my shirt and tie and black ones when the need occurs .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I like wearing trouser socks when I'm out shopping. (Just in case I want to try on some heels). Yes, they feel silky!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Yes, as others on this thread have pointed out, the semantic game you are invoking is both trivial and a monolithic foray into our wonderful lifestyle:

[Chester, the 65 year old]: "Yeah, well, socks are socks, ain't they?" One pair is just the same as another."

[His 32 year old college graduate]: "Well, if that's the case, then why not wear a pair of aunt Jenny's new panties, fresh out of the packaging?"

[Chester]: "Now don't you start up with that queer shit on me, you here!"

Great idea. Need to get some of my wife's trouser socks lost in my drawer. No one would ever know with steel toed boots on.