Thread: Patch Goo

Patch Goo

Does anyone else have problems with adhesive seeping out around Estradiol patches?

How do you get it off of yourself and your clothes?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I never had a problem with getting it on my clothes, but my butt is a different story. I've got little black rectangles that resist just about any known solvent. Both alcohol, and nail polish remover work, but both will leave red marks if you scrub too hard. Good luck!

never a problem with the clothes......the stuff on the butt ...weelll I didn't worry about it, I don't show it much.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Gold Member
    Not the best stuff for your skin but maybe mineral spirits would get rid of it. That stuff dissolves grease, oil, sticky stuff, etc. Try at your own risk. It smells weird but doesn't hurt or anything Just wash the area with actual soap after.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

GooGone maybe? Just a thought.

I've used alcohol rubs/pads with great success. I use them at night when I change to shower.

I can't identify with this problem, but I have problems with them staying on. They come off in the shower. I merely take a length of paper tape and cover the patch and they are good for a week and come off with no residue.

Bobbi

Try baby oil on the body, works for Nigella.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

As above nail polish remover takes off the black rectangular marks

You have to scrub a bit but the red marks disappear quickly

Of course WD40 would definitely work but haven't had the courage to try

This is kind of a guy solution but I have used WD40 on all kinds of sticky things.

I soften mine up with baby oil first then rub with my exfoliating glove. Done while in the shower.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Once again, a surprising thread. I thought I was certainly the only one with television screen tattoos on my caboose. It took a week to get all the sharpie, and tape marks off my boobs after surgery.

Yes, Oil works great. My patches have very strong adhesive, I wipe a little body oil on it then leave it for a few minutes and it just wipes off with a flannel. No more scrubbing and red skin.

Aspiring Member
    I hate the stuff. I have the Olympic rings on me. I haven't tried baby oil yet and will try. I do know that scrubbing the skin makes the area to raw
    Professional thread killer.

Back in the days of my wearing appliances, I had gone to Janet's Closet for her adhesive remover. Worked on the applied items and my skin with no adverse affects. It may work on clothing as well

Bobbi

Ronsonol lighter fluid works well. There is no residual, does not affect clothes. Just used on a friend who is post op breast surgery.

Naptha (the ingredient in Ronsonol) can cause a nasty skin irritation if left on, so make sure to wash it off thoroughly (no odor left).
    My SO needed daily patches and I was never able to find a solvent to take it off without causing more damage, so this thread has me interested.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Wow, some definite gear-head suggestions in this thread!

I've found that most all sticky things yield to ordinary skin lotion if it is kept applied for a while. Take some Saran Wrap, put a big dab of skin lotion on it. apply to the sticky spot, and leave it in place for a half-hour or so. At that point the adhesive should wipe off.

I'd be very leery of solvents as the skin under the patch is already very sensitive simply because it has been absorbing the hormone and the chemicals needed to breach the skin barrier.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Thanks everyone!

For some reason the Baby Oil doesn't seem to work on my residue, even if I do a couple of applications and leave it for a while.

Eryn, I think I'm going to try your skin lotion and Saran Wrap idea next as it sounds like the least toxic!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Not trying to sound defensive, but I personally use the Rosonol light fluid without skin irritation and just take a daily shower without any special efforts to was the area where it was applied. Other brands of lighter fluid leave a bit of residue.

Lint gets caught in the glue a little. I use Solvo Plast II to remove the glue after removing a patch. It's used in hospital. Super cheap too.

I'm pretty sure naphtha is not at all good for you, as it was removed from household cleaning products in the US years ago, as was carbon tetrachloride. It is absorbed through the skin and can affect internal organs. Please check it out at http://www.cdc.gov, which is the US Centers For Disease Control website. I never had trouble with excess adhesive myself, but I did lose patches in the shower occasionally. I like Bobbi G's solution for that problem.

Happy Unsticky-but-also-Unslippery Holidays!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Windex!

(Sorry, had a My Big Fat Greek Wedding flashback!

I've cleaned my hands with several nasty solvents but, considering how my skin now looks, I wish I hadn't
    Last edited by Eryn; 12-24-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]