Thread: Surprise Family History

Surprise Family History

Recently I attended the memorial service for my aunt. She lead a colorful and happy life. During the celebration many people spoke how she brought joy to their lives. One story was a real surprise. Turns out in the 1960's she offered makeover services for Crossdressers. She did wigs, makeup, fashion tips and a wide selection of dresses for nights out. I always knew she was a wonderful and open minded person and only wish I could have taken advantage of her talents.

Life is full of surprises, and beautiful twists and turns. Just had to share, Hugs Algoma
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Algoma, sorry for your loss. How ironic, and definitely a missed opportunity.

BTW, I was in WI for a few days and tried to get the full makeover at TG Miss but it was last minute and they could not accommodate. I was really impressed with your post about your experience there and was hoping they could fit me in. I moved from Wi to NC six months ago but still have family in WI, so I will return regularly and hopefully make it happen at some point.

Shibumi
    Last edited by Gretchen_To_Be; 12-18-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Algoma,

Firstly my condolences at your loss. What an interesting sidebar to her life though . . . thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Algoma, Condolence's on your loss, She sounds like a wonderful person.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sorry for your loss Hon. It seems to me though that you can celebrate your Aunt's life every time you dress. The goodness of some folks lives on long after they pass.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Very sorry for your loss. she must have been a Wonderful women. I guess we all find out something of relatives when they pass.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    That's a wonderful anecdote. Doesn't it make you wonder what else is going on in your family that you don't know about??

Sometimes we find out just a little bit too late.
    Sorry to hear of her passing though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.