Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to any lengths

I would like to applaud the OP. I wish I could muster that kind of determination. My one job is stressful enough. I've already cut my expenses almost as far as they can be. I don't drink or smoke. And I couldn't tell you the last time I even had so much as fast food or a dinner out. But partly due to the way my marriage ended, I am very deep in debt. How do you justify saving for anything when any "extra" money could also go towards paying down debts?
    If clothes make the man, I must not be one.

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, I am definitely from Earth. Somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by Inna
    If you find your self in pain, yet not able to stop the pursuit, rest assured, you are on the right path
    You may call me Dana B

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Also, do you really think it is gonna be practical to work every waking moment? At our age we just do not have the same energy levels.
    I am pushing 70, retired for 5 years, have had a serious heart condition for 20 years(about 1/3 of my heart is dead from an attack) and been diagnosed with (and medicated for) congestive heart failure. I won't even go into some of my other medical problems. I still can pull an all-nighter if I must. Strength, endurance and the ability to complete a task have far more to do with where your mind is at than where your body is.

Arbon, go do what you need to do. You can always catch up on rest when you're dead. Do what you need so that you can live.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)