Thread: Thanks

Thanks

"Thanks For The Mammaries" (with posthumous apologies to Bob Hope, ASCAP or MCA and the composer, Ralph Rainger, [lyrics not by Leo Robin])

Thanks, for the mammaries;
    The docs gave me some pills, that give me such a thrill,
    The best success were growing breasts,and those are with me still,
    I thank you so much.

And thanks, for the melodies,
    They caused me such a pang, my heart and soul just rang.
    That Billie, Carmen, Ella F., and Betty Carter sang,
    I love them, so much.

Much of the time was just wasted,
    Being too male I have tasted,
    Being a girl second placed it,
    Now I wear a dress, such happiness,

So thanks, to Crossdressers,
    I've learned so much on here, it now has been 6 years,
    I've gotten dinged, but still I sing, your praises far and near,
    I thank you, so much.

(c) Donna Lee 2014

(Sung to the tune of "Thanks For the Memory", Bob Hope's theme song for most of his career.)
    Last edited by donnalee; 12-20-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

So that gave me a smile this morning...

Bob Hope... Now there was a latent crossdresser if ever there was....?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

In actuality, he crossdressed on stage a number of times, following Milton Berle, I believe.
    And thanks!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Donna,

Thank YOU so much! This is wonderful -- [obviously better than the original ]-- I think you have written OUR theme song!

Hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Just heard a bio of Bob hope on Fresh Air, and they played the original. I remember Bob Hope long after his hey day when age had diminished him, but he was a big deal once.

Thanks for the song.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    Donna,

Thank YOU so much! This is wonderful -- [obviously better than the original ]-- I think you have written OUR theme song!

Hugs,

Claire
    And thank you. What a wonderful compliment - I'm blushing!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Just heard a bio of Bob hope on Fresh Air, and they played the original. I remember Bob Hope long after his hey day when age had diminished him, but he was a big deal once.

Thanks for the song.
    And here I thought you were about my age (you must be much younger). Hope was a huge star for most of my early life.
    During the '60s & 70s he received a large amount af abuse from the left because he was still performing for the troops while the Vietnam war was going on. (The draft was then in force and most of the soldiers were not there by choice.) Here's this famous and incredibly wealthy man putting his life in jeopardy in order to provide a few hours of relief from combat for some grunts. He did this up into his 80s.
    Last edited by donnalee; 12-20-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks for the nice comments.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.