Thread: Great experience

Great experience

It's amazing as I peel the onion back on this whole thing, what I get to experience and learn about myself. Yesterday, I went for a "transformation consultation" at a local salon and spa. (If any of you girls that live in the Cleveland area are looking for a place like this to be yourself, let me know and I'll give you the details.)

The owner sat with me right in the middle of the spa and I had a very open and comfortable conversation with her about my crossdressing and what I am looking to do. I'm sitting there looking every bit the truck driver I am, 3 day growth, all grubby coming over right after work. She was delightful and engaging and really made me feel like this is normal (which I know it is, but am working to feel that way). Ladies all around, hair getting styled, nails done, etc. and me sticking out like a sore thumb, but feeling incredibly welcome. She asked about my style, which I answered without thought, just as natural as can be. She told me that I could look pretty good, so either she is a good sales person, or an incredible make up artist.

Next month I am planning my first outing to a support group meeting and she's going to spackle me up so I look presentable. If all goes well, I may even allow pictures to be taken! We'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to "tell" someone.

Happy holidays, all.
    Kandi

Banned Read only
    Have fun! It'll be easy.

start thinking about where you will go afterwards. Theatre? Movies? Dinner with the normals? It's all good

hi kandi,ust want to say have fun .it sounds great .hug love lynda

Hi Kandi- Could you PM me with the details? I'm in the Akron area.

Thanks!

Kandi,
    What great support you have there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Kandi, sounds like fun enjoy!

We need a place like this in Massachusetts. All I know I learned here, from the SO and living it for 30+ years
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    That's great, Kandi! Believe me, if I can look halfway decent en femme, anyone can. Can't wait to hear all about your experience - and hopefully see some pics!

Kandi, have fun and I am sure you will look great
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Kandi - what a super experience for you and what a great person she is.. Oh, and hopefully both a great sales person AND makeup artiste...

Good to have a venue already planned for post-transformation and somewhere that should be supportive and confidence building for you...

Of course, we want to hear all about it after....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    That's great, Kandi. I hope you have a great time!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kandi,

Sounds like a great and inviting place. Enjoy the experience and enjoy the outing afterwards.

Hugs

Isha