Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got out!!!!!

Finally got out!!!!!

So this afternoon the opportunity presented itself for me to dress and head out so I swallowed my fear and headed out. I went to different stores which went pretty well. One of the clerks even complimented me on my sweater and tried to strike up a conversation which was when I realized that I really, really need to work on my voice. I am not sure if she read me or not, but she didn't say anything if she did. I just became much more nervous with the thought of having to talk to people! Needless to say I wish that I would have tried some things on but I just browsed. I did realize one mannerism that can get you read quickly....waiting for women to go before you. As a man, I always hold the door for women and allow them to go before me. When I did this going on to one of the stores, it did cause the other women to give me a look over, not sure if she read me or not. For everyone that hasn't ventured out yet, DO IT! It is so wonderful to finally be out and feel like yourself and feel normal! Attached is my picture from my outing for anyone that wants to see. I just went with jeans and a sweater in order to blend in.

Hugs to everyone!
    April
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good for you. Now you can go out more often and you'll see that it gets easier. As far as being read, you probably were because few of us can pass unless we are on hormones etc...

Awesome time April. I am hoping to get out soon as well. Way to go and yeah the sweater is super cute.

Hi April, congratulations on going out. I am glad you had a great experience.

Sara

Congrad's! The picture sure backs up the idea of your positive experience. You should blend with no problems the clothes and your appearance is so natural it doesn't draw any questions. I hope you continue to enjoy your outings. And maintain your confidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

April,
    Get OUT there and you have the right sort of smile to exchange with OTHER women you will meet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

good for you hun.it should become easier the more you go out , to the point of read/not read. makes no difference.

It just gets easier the more you go out!

Hugs, Bria

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you, April! Nice pic

Congratulations! Good work. You look good and casual for a day of shopping. It's usually hard for me to judge from photos, but I think probably most people wouldn't give it you second thought as being a "guy in women's clothing".

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar
    Congratulations Lynn.

You did well. The first foray (or two) out en femme can be a little scary but once you pass that first [few] time[s] you will become more confident in your presentation. Practice makes perfect, or close enough anyway. Don't worry about being read. As one who lives 24/7 en femme, I am sure I get read. I don't even notice it anymore. As for my voice - well sometimes I pay attention but even then, it will give me away. Oh well. I blend in ok though so that is the best I can expect. The acceptance has been a tremendous boost to me.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

Well done and I also wouldn't have read you.
    Sometimes the doors get opened for me, but I will also always be a gentleman, regardless of my appearance
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the story.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Well done April - wonder where you'll go next...

Gone to live my life
    Hi April . . . YAY!

The first time out is always the hardest and once you get more used to being out . . . you will try things on. It is all about finding your comfort zone now and working up your self-confidence. Yeah the voice is always tricky but I have come to the conclusion I will get read at some point so I try my best (voice wise) and I find people just really don't care all that much.

Hugs

Isha

Well done April!!

Thanks for sharing

Shell

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Way to go April!!!! You look great and we're waiting for the next adventure!!

Congratulations April, and you look great! This still seems like an unreachable goal for me, but posts like yours are an inspiration. Thanks!

love your picture you look great
    Last edited by carrie2014; 12-21-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Clea- you look great! There is no goal that is unreachable! Just goals that might take time and the right opportunity and then you just need to reach and and grab it. Plus, look at all of the great support on here! The girls on here are the best, and the reason that I finally got up the courage to go out!

Keep looking forward!

congrats hun, ive never really ventured out as a women.. only a couple token "Halloween" parties were everyone had no idea that I was dressing up as a women on a regular basis ...I did try once to make it to a drag show and cd friendly bar but couldn't fine parking nearby and was too scared/embarrassed to walk by myself a distance to get to the club

I'm brand new here, and your post is absolutely inspiring to read I'm sure the forum is going to help me gain the self confidence to present myself as well. That's wonderful April, congrats on your magical day!
    Robyn

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Congratulations April... onwards and upwards!!!
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

congrats April! I`m glad that you had a good time and things went well!

Awesome April! And great job on choice of wardrobe. Sounds like you blended in well. Look out Ohio, April is on the loose!!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...