Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insensitive comments

Reality Check
    Yes, some people make insensitive remarks or jokes and it bothers me somewhat. In my environment it's more often racial jokes or remarks than about crossdressers or transexuals or even gays.

I don't think I'm going to change anyone's mind so I just let it ride. Does it bother me? Just a little but not enough to raise a stink about.

I'm not going to say I'm militant about it, but there are 'comments in ignorance' and 'comments in malice'.

Ignorance? My mentor side comes forward and my desire is to guide them to a better place.

Malice? That has to be answered.

Just because *I'm* not afraid to stand up to malicious comments doesn't mean the next one of us to be on the receiving end of them will be. Better to disabuse that person of the notion that those comments are ok than let one of our less-secure members have to deal with that.

I'm willing to engage in that confrontation in hopes that those who come after me don't have to.

<3

-MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder