Thread: Infatuated with images and the illusion?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Infatuated with images and the illusion?

Those that have met me in person know that I don't resemble the photos I post here. Because I rarely wear masks out in vanilla land when dressed.

The reason I mask at all is because I get an erotic thrill out of being able to mimic looks of women I find attractive. Yes, I get the same enjoyment many of u do from wearing women's clothes and things. Maybe more than many?

But, I find the illusions of Sherry that appear in my photos and mirrors to be particularly compelling. Much as I do the photos of those of u that appear to be pretty, shapely females.
    Judging by the number of Friends and followers of Sherry on FB, others enjoy the illusion, too. Even when I explain to them I'm actually an old man only a few disappear!

I wonder how many others here r captivated by their own fem image? Or, those of other CD's that look convincingly fem in face and figure in their photos?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-21-2014 at 07:49 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Good subject. I have taken selfies on a timer and rarely like the picture. On the other hand the mirror usually does something completely opposite. I don't see myself the same in a mirror as in a photo. I look far more convincingly feminine and passable in the mirror and like what I see, often to the point of being turned on. Strange but true. I have a large nose and rough face, so I photoshop my face and if I like the result I will keep the photo in a covertly named folder. My wife rarely uses my computer. But as a safeguard I also have a flash drive with a few past photos. If my wife ever finds me out I will show them to her. But for now they are for my enjoyment only. Yes, there is an erotic thrill, as you call it, one way or the other.

Doc, I am afraid it is true with me, and my mirrors, and photos, and my videos, of Alice. I wish it were not so. It seems the most narcissistic thing anyone could do! Getting sexually turned on by yourself all dolled up. I think i really try to look just like some women i have known or seen, who i was very attracted to. That is part of it, and being lifetime single, with no SO or wife. It is partly a substitute. I must say, that i do not see very many GGs that i am attracted to these days, partly because of the way they don't dress now. I remember many more, from decades ago, who dressed more like i do, dressed as a lady. I feel guilty though after wards, and very selfish, and narcissistic, for erotic attraction, to "the image in the mirror." I must say, not quite as much as i used to, though, but it is still there. I have thousands of pics of Alice . Would be nice, if I had some of a SO.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 12-21-2014 at 07:28 PM.

I concur. Count me in. I love taking photos of myself. Some are way to erotic for prime time I kind of regret not having en femme photos of myself when I was younger. Digital has made it so much easier!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

There are many here who look great en femme. I feel that in the comparison photo of the same folks en homme they look good also. Even if they don't look anything alike. It's called artistic expression and just something I happen to enjoy doing RS.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm pretty happy with the painted lady who emerges from just over an hour of effort. I keep over 50% of the photos I take, and now have an extensive collection of friends, group, and self photos with no phtoshopping at all. The very best I publish on Flickr.

I have to agree with Carolana on this. Sometimes I see the girl of my dreams in the mirror. And sometimes, that turns me on too!!

Yes, I definitely get this too. I love dressing (when I can) because it makes me feel wonderful, but I'd be lying if I said I was never turned on by the female-me staring back in the mirror. So confusing :/. I can easily look past "me" and feel like I'm seeing a completely different person. I'm not sure if that qualifies this as extreme narcissism or not .

I also tend to style myself based on what my male side is attracted to, and not what my female side necessarily feels like she should be wearing . What a strange lense we must view our own selves through in this case, and I don't pretend to understand it one bit. But I do love it .

when I first got fully clothed as a women and looked in the mirror I kinda didn't like it...it was more about the arousal of wearing them at first... not so much about the makeup or hair so to speak , It was more of the tightness of the fabric and the way it felt against my skin...how a skirt would show off my legs and the high heels accentuating my calfs... Much later when I really wanted to become passable and wanted to venture out, I started taking "selfies " with a timer on a camera as well to see how much of a women I could be and of course I liked how sexy I looked in the photos

Clea, Males are visually stimulated, sad to say! The image and form of a beautiful woman, even if its us, in disguise, is a conundrum.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 12-21-2014 at 08:01 PM.

I think I have good looks when en femme. I like my shaved legs and my face So when I finally was able of getting a nice pair of shoes and a beautiful wig, I took a black short dress, put on some make up, lip gloss and it was magical! I started taking pics of myself all around the house and I loved them! I can't deny they turn me on
    Narcissistic or not, maybe the most exciting thing for me is to know that I can look beautiful being dressed like the most beautiful creatures in the Universe: women
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

I have hope of being infatuated with my image some day, but I think my humanitarian interests are a bit stronger than that desire. I guess both at once would be more ideal for me.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

^.^

I think I look decently good in my dresses and skirts and such, and in fact, I have gotten some compliments about how I dress. My face still needs some work, which is the next step ... a waxing kit so I don't have to shave as often, and any other ideas from beauty shops and such. I expect to start work on this within the next month or so.

I just bought a mauve/purple dress that I got a pic of me in. Send me an IM of where/whom to friend on Facebook, and I'll friend you, then you can see the entire collection of pictures I have taken. I bought a couple blouses and skirts by mistake (I thought they were one-piece dresses), but if I combine a couple pieces, I might have a rather nice-looking black & white ensemble. I'll try to get a pic of that too.

Amy M. Jackson

Hey GF,

Yea I have to agree I love messing with my female curves n form. Then go from mirror to mirror looking at all my aspects. Then...come hang here and look at photos of others. It's definatly exciting!

-d

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Oh yeah, mirrors and cameras. Out of the tens of thousands of images of Carla only about ten that show my face are appealing. But, it's the whole package for me. The feel of the clothes and the excitement of it all. And there are plenty of mirrors in the indoor parade route. I even have one in the closet for holding up dresses. Currently I'm entertaining myself with white bra and panties under a black see through lace dress with black pumps. Just having fun before work. I even went to get something out of the car. It's the fun, the feel, the image and the adventure. Nice way to enjoy morning coffee.
    1706.JPG1705.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I think crossdressers invented selfies. And just for those selfies, we used tripods, good lighting, motor drives, and shutter timers or remotes. I have none of those photos left. I was always very secretive about where they were kept.

Ressie, I can remember the time before [affordable] digital photography. I took film to a store that sent away their film for developing and printing, and I used a phony name, scared that I might be tracked down and outed. And the wait, a week or more, was agonizing. Affordable photography changed it all - privacy, unlimited free do-overs, and far cheaper than film photos. I rarely print my photos any more, but ink-jet printing on photo inkjet paper is about the only cost after the initial equipment costs, which are still dropping.

Doc, in the past I posted that my dad would make the family stay in the car while he inspected a hotel room for cleanliness before allowing us to stay there. When I travel alone, I like to do the same, but for a different reason. I want to make sure that the room has good lighting and mirrors. Not so much of a problem nowadays with franchise hotels, but with independents, you never know.

Mirrors are high on my list of crossdressing essentials. The girl in the mirror knows what the guy looking into the mirror wants to see. She tries hard to please him, and he shows his appreciation by buying her things to wear. It's quite a love affair, shallow and superficial as it is. Damn that pane of glass keeping us apart.....

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Anyone who has been to my flickr page knows I'm a fan of photos as well. Photos are a powerful took to help us express and validate our feminine traits...particularly those of us who aren't out on a regular basis. I look at photos as a way of "practicing" in pursuit of the elusive feminine perfection...

Kara Zor-El
    Every few months or so if I have a girl's day, I will snap 20 pictures or so and of course stand in the mirror. I just find it fun!