Thread: First GNO: Thoughts and Impressions...

Banned Read only

First GNO: Thoughts and Impressions...

The RochesterNYGrrlz held their monthly Girls Night Out event last night and I attended for the first time! It was a completely unique experience.

I spent part of Friday night trying to decide what to wear. This was complicated by plans to have a Naughty or Nice contest for those in attendance. I put a fair amount of thought into this as I didn't want to appear unsuitably dressed. I seriously considered wearing a bandaid skirt that I have that is all of 12"-13". However, the weather forced my choice of a knee-length black/white print dress as the weather forecast was for below freezing temperatures all day. Discretion IS the better part of valor!

As some may know, I own a MINI; a particularly bad-ass one as it is. My closest dealer is the one in Rochester. I received an invitation to their introduction to the new Clubman variant (I have a 2009 model) and decided to made of day of it. For a moment, I entertained the notion of going to the dealership dressed, but those folks know and have done business with Don and not DeeAnn. Anyway, I didn't think it would be particularly useful for DeeAnn to show up. But, the downside was that I had to pack all my clothes, undergarments, shoes and makeup. As Rochester is about an hour and a half drive from my home, either I had to remember everything that I needed or go without.

So, after the dealership trip and a nice lunch, I did a brief errand and then it was time to meet a few of the RochesterNYGrrlz girls and get dressed. If you've never had the pleasure of getting dressed in a restroom, try to avoid that if you have a choice. Many don't have much in the way of counter space and beware of the toilets with no lid! Drop anything in there and you probably won't get it back. But, t least there was a chair. All totalled, it took close to an hour and a half for shaving, makeup, dressing and repacking.

When we left the building to drive over to the club, the first think that I noticed was the brisk air. The second thing was the brisk air going UP my dress. It occurred to me that I had never been out in cold weather, so that was a bit of a shock. The club was not far. After I parked, I got my shoulder bag and walked to the building. Once again, there was a serious breeze up my dress, but there was another sensation also. I realized that I had never felt so feminine; ever. There I was, walking down the sidewalk in a nice dress, tights, jewelry, makeup, wig and heels. The only thing missing was that I didn't have enough time to do my nails. Couldn't help but smile...

I thought I woould stay about 3 hours and wound up staying for over 6. It was a most eclectic group. While all were dressed, some were crossdressers and others were somewhere along the path of transitioning. There was talk of jewelry, thrift stores and hormone medications. While I'm not looking transition, it was interesting to hear about people's struggles and triumphs. Although our plans and end games may be different, there are a number of common threads such as who to tell and when to tell them, reactions among family and friends and implications for significant others and children. I don't liike to use the word Inspirational, but you do get a sense of what is possible.

3 Highlights for the Evening:

1. Meeting a number of unforgettable people
    2. As a guy walked in front of me, he said: "Pardon me, honey.".
    3. The other week I posted an Introduction message to the site of the RochesterNYGrrlz. Basically I wrote about how I came to this place, physically and intellectually. Several people thanked me for writing it and that they could see a lot of their personal issues in what I said. It reminds me, that whether we're talking about here or there, it is about shared struggle and our support for each oher.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    a friend of mine goes to that group her name is Lorelie ...did you meet her?..I heard something about a fried turkey exploding or something? Seriously..thats what i heard...she sent me this pic and this poem about the night ,, hope you had fun xoxo

'Twas a week before Christmas, when all through the town,
    No one was posting, and the Main Feed was down;
    Turn off the computer, its time to go out;
    let's live life today, see what it's about;
    The stockings were hung on the mirror with care,
    In hopes that the Grrlz soon would be there;
    The gurls all bustled, stuff covered the beds,
    Mascara and lipstick, and wigs on their heads;
    With Lorelie in her scarf, and Tiffany in her hat,
    We adjusted our clothes, no time left to chat;
    When we got to the bar, it seemed kind of slow,
    Though Cath and Tracy were right down the row;
    While one in a dress despite the cold weather,
    The other had donned a somewhat ugly sweater;
    The night has begun, there is fun to be had,
    We are all dressed our best, of guests we are glad;
    Then a murmur arose, from the bar such a clatter!
    We rose from our seats to see what's the matter.
    So, what to my wondering eyes did appear,
    But Marci from Buffalo, Julie whispering in her ear;
    They came from the west, LisaRenee from the East,
    DeeAnn drove north, no short distance to say the least;
    as we gathered and talked, more of them came,
    I watched and I counted, and called them by name:
    "Now, Burnie! now, Ricki! now Emerald and Ana!
    There's Penny, and Debi! Kathy, and then PJ!
    I see Amanda, and Michelle!
    Bobbi Sue! And there's Franki!"
    To the bar they all came! a few we did call!
    For dancing! and drinking! a good time for all!
    Oh, look! there's Jai, and his girlfriend Maryanne,
    Had a busy day, but to get her they ran!
    With cookies and laughter, and little who's who,
    That's how it went, for an hour or two;
    It was time for the contest, all gathered around,
    Twas a bit loud, so they turned down the sound;
    Was she Naughty, she Nice? I hope you took note,
    I held up a pen, it was time for a vote!
    Across the table, the prizes were spread,
    All that was left was a counting of heads;
    I spoke and I gestured, I said what to do,
    Getting out of the way, I let chaos ensue!
    They signed and they wrote, they thought and they pointed,
    Before too long their votes would be counted;
    The pool table was quiet, waiting was the game,
    Though we counted it twice, the answer was the same!
    A tie we did have! What ever will we do?
    The crowd must help us, give us a clue!
    The easy ones first, the Nice votes were clear, and no one did fail,
    Julie was Nicest, with Cath close on her tail;
    The room became quiet, you could have heard a feather,
    Join me at the table I said, to Urinell and Heather;
    A tie we have, I declared to all,
    We ask the gurls, for a winner to call;
    Urinell was crowned Naughty, with Heather close behind,
    There were no losers, let me remind!
    The pool table made noise, and the play did resume,
    good cheer was felt, all over the room;
    As closing time came, the bartender did whistle,
    And away we all flew like the down of a thistle.
    But I have to exclaim, ere we forget that it's right—
    “Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 12-22-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Banned Read only
    Yes, I did! Interesting person! She and her good friend Burnie were great fun. Don't know what happened to the critter. Nothing good from the looks of it. And you notice that I am mentioned in the poem?

DeeAnn drove north, no short distance to say the least...

small world.....

Banned Read only
    And getting smaller all the time...

sounds like you had a wonderful time! i've never been to the one in rochester, but often attend the one
    in binghamton. i try to avoid rochester as my first wife lives there and is a popular local celebrity.
    paula

Hi DeeAnn!

Congrats on your night out! It sounds great! Well, everything except the exploding turkey part!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I have GOT to hear more about this exploding bird ... the aftermath looks like a call to the fire department might have been in order!

"He's dead, Jim."

- Diane

What a great experience DeeAnn - and lovely to hear about it, with all those little experiences that I'm sure strike many of us as unique the first time we do it! May it happen again to you soon...

Remind me never to bother with the Tasered Turkey in Rochester....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

DeeAnn
    I would have never known that you were not a frequent flyer
    It was fun to have you riding with us on the crazy train that is Rochester GNO
    that was a very festive crowd and those girls from Buffalo have a way of really shaking things up
    I hope we continue to enjoy great turn outs and meeting more great girls like you
    So happy you joined us.
    PS
    sorry about the facility but you have to admit it was not cramped space just not quite all of the comforts of home
    and thankfully its clean and decent.

Silver Member
    If you are ever interested in going out dressed closer to home, you can always come up here and meet some of the local girls north of you. We used to have a group here too (closed years ago sadly) but some get together to go out dressed.... and some even come to your town for a breakfast a few times a month.

Glad you had a good time. Maybe they were going Cajun style or blackened on that bird.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I will have to find out more...from what I heard...they deep fried a turkey....and it was so dry or something it kinda exploded like the turkey in the holiday movie "Christmas Vacation" ....I heard too they are a pretty wild bunch up there LOL.

Platinum Member
    It seems that one of the big turning points in our growth as people is that moment when we recognize new possibilities, often things we never imagined possible. This realization can be life changing.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Sounds like an awesome experience, DeeAnn! I saw many parallels to my first time out dressed, although being in summertime, the breeze up my dress was a shot of AC

Banned Read only
    Small correction: This was not my first time out dressed. It was, however, my first time out among other crossdressers. That is a major difference.

V:

When you have a chance, PM me with some more information and perhaps we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    If you are ever interested in going out dressed closer to home, you can always come up here and meet some of the local girls north of you. We used to have a group here too (closed years ago sadly) but some get together to go out dressed.... and some even come to your town for a breakfast a few times a month.

A:

I wonder if the thing was actually frozen inside and no one noticed? The breakover point from water vapor to steam happens very quickly and often violently, so that's my guess as to what happened. Anyway, I wouldn't call it Well Done as it was more like Well Dead! Or maybe they were going for a visual representation of the Scorched Earth Policy! Let us know if you get any more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    I will have to find out more...from what I heard...they deep fried a turkey....and it was so dry or something it kinda exploded like the turkey in the holiday movie "Christmas Vacation" ....I heard too they are a pretty wild bunch up there LOL.

C:

Yes, probably Infrequent Flyer would be more appropriate I guess. For me, I think I was just very happy about being well met (to use a vintage phrase) and made to feel like one of the gang. And no, don't apologize about the facility. Adjust and adapt is the key, considering that my prior experience has only been getting dressed in my home or a hotel room. Anyway, nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by KitCat View Post
    DeeAnn
    I would have never known that you were not a frequent flyer
    It was fun to have you riding with us on the crazy train that is Rochester GNO
    that was a very festive crowd and those girls from Buffalo have a way of really shaking things up
    I hope we continue to enjoy great turn outs and meeting more great girls like you
    So happy you joined us.
    PS
    sorry about the facility but you have to admit it was not cramped space just not quite all of the comforts of home
    and thankfully its clean and decent.
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 12-22-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Gone to live my life
    Hi DeeAnne . . . sounds like a great time and great experience.

Hugs

Isha