Thread: I Don't Know How to Start

I Don't Know How to Start

Hai guys, I'm Andy (thinkin about being Andee) and i was meant to be a woman. Im poor so i cant see a gender therapist, but i still need someone to help me become the woman im supposed to be. I need a guardian angel to help me through this journey!

Banned Read only
    Andee, every state offers some sort of free mental health care. You have to look but it's there.

Where can i find that?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    google is your best friend...the yellow pages ( do people still use that) should also have a directory in it as well ......Jenn is right....you may have to take a drug test though if you are going for free state care...so keep it clean like a washing machine

Banned Read only
    Agree that Google will probably get you there fastest, but your local state government web page will have it listed. Maybe buried is a better term. "mystate.gov" is your launching point.

Maybe one of you could talk me through it, emailing or texting me? Im super afraid to actually go somewhere to start my journey, so i could use help even starting that

Banned Read only
    OK, I spent 5 seconds looking for resources in Idaho:

http://www.healthandwelfare.idaho.go...5/Default.aspx

Your state will have similar access. I just typed "Idaho.gov" and search "mental health" If you look at the link I sent you will see in the upper right an application form. Your state will be similar.

Platinum Member
    As others have pointed out, there may be free or low cost supports available in your area. You're here, so you have access to google. Look them up.

But I have another suggestion. Look very hard at your economic situation. You've indicated that you are poor. I hear Ya. Poverty is very limiting. I don't know your age, but I can almost guarantee you that you can improve your life if you seek a meaningful education and better job. There are resources available to help in both getting an education or a better job. And meaningful work can distract you when you're feeling down and open up new opportunities to find yourself in life. Best of luck!
    Last edited by kimdl93; 12-23-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: freaking iPad typos!!!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

even volunteering can lead to work opportunities...

Gone to live my life
    Hi there. Are there any Transgender Support Groups in your area? This might be a good starting point to find out more information and talk to others going through the same issues.

Hugs

Isha

Andee:

You've already been given a lot of good advice. Advice you should listen to.

I just want to add that you need to formulate a plan that will get you to your goal.

First, you need to get the education to get a good steady job. There is nothing more liberating than a steady income. Once you have that you can work on the rest of your plan.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey.