Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacation!

Vacation!

My husband and I are leaving Monday for a trip to Charlotte for a week, and he plans on being dressed the whole time. I suggested he packs at least one "guy" outfit just incase but he doesn't plan on needing it. This will be the longest period of time that he has stayed dressed. We have gone out of town for a night to see concerts a lot with him dressed but this is the first time it will last more than a night. He mostly packed casual clothes, jeans, tops, leggings and yoga pants, plus a dress a got him for Christmas to wear on New Years.

Have any of you ever done this? Where you comfortable dressed like a woman for a long period of time? I am curious to see if he goes the whole time. We have been looking forward to this for a while and it should be a blast.
    11/15/12 ride or die

My longest period was for 3 days to Las Vegas. My biggest problem was that my facial skin was getting irritated as a result of shaving it twice a day. Other than that, it was a wonderful time. I agree with you that a back up casual male outfit is a nice security blanket, because one never knows what might happen necessitating a change back to drab, more so over a long weeks period of time.

PS: It's nice to see such a supporting wife here. Thanks for asking.

Wow, you are awesome!!!! That said, I'm no help whatsoever, sorry!!
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

Katiee,
    I wish I could add to your question.
    I am very envious of your husband to have a accepting wife.
    I have been to Las Vegas also, but my longest period was maybe 4 days, shaving is a problem.
    I agree with you though, just in case bring something.
    But you know my gg jeans are not that noticeable so just a top ... guy shirt would do.
    Good luck, I am interested in what you do let us know.

I never thought about the shaving problem. He has a bit of a baby face so maybe on the nights we stay in the hotel he won't need to shave again. I just went through his bag and he packed one guy outfit plus an extra shirt I went a head and put a pair of boxers in there too just to be safe.

Also if anyone is from the area, do you know of any cd friendly bars? We only been to Charlotte once and we went to a show at the Filmore and ate at a place called Bad Daddys Burgers and we had no problems what so ever.
    11/15/12 ride or die

Likewise I am no help. But, as long as you can be supportive, encouraging, and commutative, y'all should be good. Most importantly have fun. Let us kow how it turns out please. Thanks.

Platinum Member
    I've spent up to ten days uninterrupted, going out to run daytime errands, lunch and dinner with friends, a couple nights at local night spots and touring local museums. When it was done, I really didn't want to change back to male.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Probably everyone's experience is different. I went an entire week once dressed 24/7 and it felt good. It wasn't a problem or a chore at all. I just felt comfortable and "normal" (if that word can be used in this context! lol). Having some male clothes along seems like a good idea, just in case. I hope you both have lots of fun and enjoy your vacation!

It is very hard changing back after a three month stint I can assure you.
    However what you are doing is very exciting and I hope it all goes well for you.
    The first of many adventures I feel.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Katie

I am sure it will all go well. Yes I have done 24/7 several times for vacations. Someone may be thinking its too easy if you have male clothes along for an emergency. A lot will depend on how comfortable and confident your spouse is in public. I know having your support will go along way to help. I know we are all different but yes I was very comfortable in public even when I sort of ended up in the spotlight but that's another story.

Enjoy the vacation
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I've spent multiple days en femme and found it to be very satisfying. I didn't do this until my facial electrolysis was well along. Back when I shaved I found that a mid-range Norelco shaver did a good job without tearing up my face. I did find that I had to shave twice a day (and that includes removing all my makeup) to keep my appearance acceptable for the evening.

A change of male (or male-appearing) clothing is a good idea for peace of mind, but I'll bet it stays untouched!

The key point is to have fun. Having fun is a great confidence-builder and confidence is 90% of passing/blending/acceptance!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I've packed safe outfits back in the day. Never actually needed them. Eventually stopped bothering to pack safe clothes. The challenged of having nothing else to wear pushed me to try harder and do better cause I had no other option.

Having spent 5 continuous days dressed on several occasions I can say that it is a liberating experience. I glued on my forms so that meant I slept enfem as well. Getting out of bed and being Helen right from the get-go was a great experience. As for things like shaving I'm fortunate in not being to hirsute and could get away with a single shave each day. Having said that it's worth having some antiseptic cream just in case the skin becomes broken and sore to calm things down.

I do think it's a good idea to have an "Emergency bag" in the car, a change of clothes and some face wipes. 99.99% of the time all will be well but there is always the slightest of chances were things can go pear shaped and male me is better suited to dealing with it on a purely practical level. Anyway, which girl wants to ruin her best jean/top/skirt/dress/heels fixing a broken car in the pouring rain.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Hi Katie, Please do keep us updated , Thanks.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Katie, what state are you in and what Charlotte are you going to vacation at ? The reason I ask is we have a Charlotte, NC and I am about an hour away.
    Amy

The way I learned I did not want to transition was to stay dressed for about a week and a half. Started out full on, and by the end of about the 9th day I was so ready go drab. My wife was with me the whole time.

You will have so much fun and I hope he realizes how lucky he is to have you supporting him in this discovery. Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    The way I learned I did not want to transition was to stay dressed for about a week and a half. Started out full on, and by the end of about the 9th day I was so ready go drab....
    I think that maintaining our appearance is considerably more difficult for CDers than it is for GGs and this can really wear on us after a few days. Not many GGs have to do two full-coverage makeup applications per day on top of shaving. Our makeup is more like theater makeup than the normal GG application. For us, most of this is relatively new, not the habits of decades as it is for GGs and this makes everything more time consuming.

For me the difference is striking. When I first started going out it took 2-3 hours to shave, do beard cover and makeup, and get dressed. I was learning how to do everything so everything had to be done with concentration. With experience things that took a lot of care became ingrained in my "muscle memory" so I could do them without a lot of thought. At the same time, electrolysis eliminated the need for shaving, heavy makeup, beard cover, and that mid-day reshave. I'm now using GG-style sheer makeup and can be out the door in 20 minutes. If I really had to, I could function in society with forms and lipstick only, which is pretty much what many GGs do most every day!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Seven Days is the longest en femme for me - i always pack some boy clothes and usually do not wear them. Katie you are indeed a loving wife.

have a great time, your so lucky to have an understanding wife

Silver Member
    I have done 4-5 days at conventions. I find it fatiguing after a few days. I still have to shave part of my face and it gets really irritated, and other parts of my body I have to shave get irritated if I have to do them several days in a row (the "cleavage rash" from more than 2 days shaving in a week is a big problem.) My feet also get tired of wearing heels and even some lower shoes that don't fit my big feet well. My back gets tired of carrying around the big breast forms that a big girl like me needs to wear to look proportional. It is ok, a few days of dressing and I have had my fill, I can present male again after that, no big deal to me. Sometimes during a convention period I will present male anyway if I am really, really tired and don't feel like dressing. Male, female, whatever, I don't mind, whatever works for me at the moment.

A vacation en fem sounds wonderful. I must admit that I a little envious. Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    Katie, what state are you in and what Charlotte are you going to vacation at ? The reason I ask is we have a Charlotte, NC and I am about an hour away.
    Amy
    We live in SC, and yeah we are going to Charlotte, NC. We been there once and loved it.
    11/15/12 ride or die

I've gone to the Keystone Conference in Harrisburg PA the past 3 years, and I'm planning on going again this March.

Each time it's been 4 to 5 days (and nights) full time as a girl.

Towards the end of the week, I could barely continue shaving my face because it was getting so sore from a dual shave each morning, and sometimes a touch-up and night.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Longest I went was 4 days. Didn't have a problem but by the end I didn't mind going drab for a while. It is hard keeping up appearances.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I have been dressed and out for maybe anywhere from 7-14 days. I know, long range, but I can't really remember if it was a week or two. Suffice to say, it was quite a while. The shaving was a bit irritating, but not too problematic.

The thing I like about it was that it made me undersatnd who I am better. Before doing it, I never realized the kind of cnstant push to cross dress in the back of my mind. But after dressing for such an extended period of time, I began to get tired of doing it, and then realized that inner push to cross dress had been replaced by an inner push to dress as a male. It was by doing it for an extended time that allowed me to better appreciate dressing as a male as much as dressing as a female.