Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went out for a walk tonight dressed up...

Talking Went out for a walk tonight dressed up...

It's an addiction!
    I've gone out at night many times over the years, but always had mens clothes with me just in case I needed them if something happened.
    Over this last week, I've gone out three times now dressed up, but without any mens clothes brought along. It's thrilling and scary knowing if I had car trouble or ran into someone I knew I'd have some explaining to do, but it makes the trip that much more enjoyable!

Walking past people is exciting and scary, too. But indeed as I've read here, it does get easier and less scary. My next big step is to go out during the day and interact with people but that will take some courage. I envy the members here who have finally done this!

Banned Read only
    Ah yes, becoming a daywalker is very different indeed. My advice to any newbie going out is to do some recon first. Dress for the day, the time even the season for where you go. A miniskirt and 5 inch heels will stand out at Starbucks.

Taking risk can be very exhilarating. Just remember, you may one day realize the risk, and as long as you're prepared to handle that then I say enjoy!

My friend, You have guts, too, to go out without men's clothes along! As many times as my 1976 Dodge has stalled or broke down, the last several years, i simply would not go out dressed, with out male clothes in a bag, too. Too many breakdowns, flat tires, for me not to have grease monkey clothes along.

Yes indeed I choose the locations very carefully! (and the outfits)
    The thought of a breakdown is scary or even being pulled over by the police!
    I think the possible danger is what made these last few outings so fun!

Everytime you face the fear for something, no matter how big the issue is, there's a rush of adrenaline and when you finally take a step forward and jump, your heart grows stronger and you become a better person! So happy for you!
    Hugs!
    Gabriela

Very true!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Taking male clothes with you is sensible and not a sign of weakness. I am out 4 or so days a week but still take male clothes with me. My wife has never seen me dressed and doesn't want to. Once there was a bomb scare near my storage shed and I couldn't return to change. Unexpected things do happen.

Use your bravery to venture out at day time. Very fulfilling and a great confidence builder.

I am looking forward to a day outing.

A very easy daytime public adventure is simply go for a drive and hit a drive thru for lunch. You stay in a comfort zone (your car) but you have to interact with the public. I do this often. *smiles*
    ” I'm hell on heels, say what you will ”

I remember the fear. I miss the fear. Every once in a while i get a little fear and enjoy the heal out of it. Plan your outings and enjoy. I really miss the fear.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Victoria,

CONGRATS! Getting out is very exciting regardless of the time of day but daytime is much more pleasant (sun on your face and all . . . feeling less like some TG Vampire and more like person out and about. Don't rush to a day outing unless you are truly ready for it. We all get read (too many guy tells not to) but you will not find screaming crowds pointing and laughing but more so the odd WTF look, a giggle or guffaw. But if you have tough skin you can weather it. Sound advice about "recon" in that it is never wasted. Know your venue just in case you get a sudden attack of "panic" (it does happen) and you need to extricate quickly in which case you will need a known exfiltration route to get back to your car.

Hugs and congrats again.

Isha

Stacy
    Hi Victoria - Glad to hear you are taking trips out in the world. To get over my fear I went out my first time dressed as Stacy but had no make up on. "yikes" I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it no matter what. I went to a grocery store, picked out a quick item and went to the self check out. I even talked to the clerk up front. I did get a couple of looks and I heard a GG say oh good lord, but that was it. And what a rush it was. I cannot wait to go out in full make up and everything. I did notice that most people are so involved with their own thoughts, no one really gives you the time of day if you are dressed for the occasion. In other words, going out shopping on a weekday with 5 inch heels and a mini skit will draw attention rather than flats and a causal dress.

Platinum Member
    Love the term 'day walker'. Reminds me of true blood. But to the point, consider this: it's much easier to blend into a crowd, so rather than shying away from busy places, seek them out.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

So Victoria,
    Have you ever been out to Scandals there in Asheville?
    Been there several times & with other gurls too. Always had a wonderful time.

Hugs, Connie Marie.
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

The gym I go to has a family changing area, with four independent shower rooms. I take advantage of it regularly to do the prep work for my morning walks, but I recently took a chance and put on my knee-high high-heel (3") boots under my slacks. Walked out with them on, clicking and clacking on the tile floor.

Didn't get a second look.

If you go out in the day time, I am sure you will never go back.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for all the advice, I agree it's probably awesome going out during the day, but it will take time for me still.
    As for the mention of Scandals in Asheville, I've never been there but have considered it as a first outing to interact with people. I'm quite sure they would be as cool as anybody possibly could be with the dressing up! I've also considered the drive thru thing, also. Both are good possibilities!

Banned Read only
    I'm going to have to agree with those who have stated it is prudent to take a "man bag" along. I've been out in the evening. I have not had car trouble. If I were to have a breakdown it would be a long walk home. Therefore, I wear a low comfortable heel. The idea of breaking down on I-5 and waiting for the Washington State Patrol to happen along and summons a tow truck is not my idea of an "enjoyable trip." It's the unforeseen that I always prepare for. It's risk vs reward. A momentary thrill may lead to a lifelong disaster.

Be safe.

The first time I went out during the day was scary yet very exciting! I went to a park (on Halloween) and walked around. I was in a skirt, top, tights, and boots, and made-up. I was alone, nobody was around, until I got back to my car and was driving home. Someone else was pulling in. Though during the walk, I wondered what it would be like to walk by someone.
    "It's so much fun to be girl!!"

I had been going out to transgender friendly establishments for about a year when I decided to go out during the day. I went to the Nordstrom's mall near 5th and Market in SF. One of the biggest challenges for me was the makeup. I need a lot to contour the face, hide the shadow, and look decent. I still have not gotten the daytime look yet.

Anyway, I took my car, parked in rough neighborhood to the west and walked. I got cat called by some street people, but they were totally ignorable. None of the tourists or locals seemed to pay attention to me. A group of twenty something ladies passed me and one gave me a nice smile and that felt good. The only negative was inside the mall, one of the girls working one of those kiosks kept calling me over. I knew she had made me and wanted to have some sort of fun. I had to pass her going in and out of Nordstrom's; but like the street people, totally ignorable. I was having such a great time that I walked all around the Unions Square area, Macy's, Forever 21, etc. I even stopped at a bar and had a drink. It probably was more liberating an experience than the first time I went out.

Concerning breakdowns while dressed: 1) Left the keys inside the car and had to deal with AAA. 2) Got rear ended. 3) Pulled over 3X, each time I was doing nothing other than driving in the club area of town after 1 AM. 4) Hotel key did not work. Long stories... I will say each situation worked out fine and made me more confident than ever.

You ladies that go out and about are awesome. I'm still to nervous to go anywhere, day or night, while I'm all done up or even wearing a little something underneath. I'm hoping someday I'll be as confident as you ladies and go for it.

Part of the thrill for me was packing a small male bag, jeans, tee shirt, socks, shoes, etc, and leaving it home at the last minute. I would say to myself, as someone else, "Leave the bag home, and get going". Then the thrill of leaving the house in a dress, nylons, heels, wig and makeup, with no other clothes with me really kicked in. I would take a pair of flats, in case I had to walk. But that was it. Really made me feel more fem and vulnerable.

My first time out was a Halloween gathering at a local pub near my house. Had a great time. Few lookers. A month later my girlfriend suggests i take some things with us on our trip to SF. I was so pumped for this opening experience. We landed Tues afternoon, and we were dressed and off to the Nordstrom mall before supper. It was days before Black Friday, it was early evening and it was crazy busy. We dogged in and out of a few stores. I am still uncomfortable with my makeup, it needs more work to hide 'me'. I got a few looks and was a little sore from walking in boots Id only wore around the house. After about an hour, I wanted out. Lucky our hotel was close and we walked back, changed and returned to the mall. I didn't do it again our whole trip. I was a bit letdown but yet it was exhilarating. With the right makeup job, Id be ready to go again. I've got my personal consultant who loves me for me and backs me 100%. She even had presents at Christmas for both of me. Lol.

When I first started going out, I thought night time was the best. You could look into store windows and see who was inside. Now, I think the daytime is the best. I rarely go out at night as Sarah. I go out during the day as often as I can find the time.

It is safer. Plus, I get to walk through the parking lot of a store in the daylight where anyone can see me. This prepares me for inside the store, where I'm going to be seen no matter what time it is.