Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Went out for a walk tonight dressed up...

It was very interesting reading all the comments. My husband lives in a nearby city for work during the week and so a couple of times he's been a night walker. A few times he made it across the parking lot before returning to his car. But we did a trip to the mall with me being his wing man. He is new to this and very self conscious so he wanted to know if anyone really paid attention or if he just went unnoticed as he thought he would. Let's face it, people are wrapped up in their own little worlds. Well I'm happy to report that the mall trip resulted in his getting a purse and earrings, one odd stare and an interested stare, probably because he has such nice legs (yes I'm jealous). The most recent trip we did dressed up was for supper and a movie. It went off great and we found the only thing was to be sure that he used his femme voice. It's all taking some practice but we're slowly getting the hang of it. Next big step is for him to go shopping by himself. I suggested Walmart or a store with unisex change rooms. Any other advice? It's still all so new to us we could really use some friends but live in rural Canada, any CD'ers around here are definitely in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by cdncdwife View Post
    Next big step is for him to go shopping by himself. I suggested Walmart or a store with unisex change rooms. Any other advice? It's still all so new to us we could really use some friends but live in rural Canada, any CD'ers around here are definitely in the closet.
    I go to Walmart alot, never had any trouble. Around here, the changing rooms as Sears and Kohls are unattended, so I go in the ladies changing room (in girl mode) without talking to anyone.

Maybe you could drive to the store with him, check out the place first, and then send him in. After that, he can go out completely on his own if that suits the 2 of you.

Sounds like he is lucky to be married to you.