Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kind of Ironic - A Lesson in Blending

Great story and some interesting insights.

I became aware of the "heavy makeup" tell early on and since one of my goals was to be able to go out as a GG does I've put a lot of time and money into getting rid of my beard. I've been very happy with the results.

I still wear makeup, but now its sheer mineral makeup, not the full-coverage PanStik with which I started. I'm free of beard shadow and I should be able to go out with just lipstick but I am always left with the dilemma of looking at my makeup and thinking "Well, I'll just even out my skin tone a bit and get rid of the dark circles under my eyes." Next thing you know, I'm doing a bit more and a bit more and you know where that leads. Still, no matter how much I do, I see women of my age with the same or more makeup on, so I'm not getting too carried away.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Wow, have to say I never thought that trying to cover up would be a tell. Thanks for sharing, Isha.

Nice story Isha - you do have some great friends...

Moral of this one? Bugger all we can do about it really. If we want to go out in the normal world and at least go some way to camouflaging the underlying male physiology, there is going to have to be some applied material science going on, particularly for us older gals if we want to tweak the age clock backwards... Of course GGs can just go out and look like a GG... BUT... There are still some GGs who do go for that more 90s look of the 'cosmetic counter girl face' (Thanks Sher.. ) - it depends where you are in the world, venue and time of day...

I suppose us non-lasered types have two choices... live with the makeup tell or just go out at night... I think I may be staying with the latter vampire-like tactic for now...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Isha,
    Thanks for your story , I did a reply on Kate's thread about trying to blend and going OTT with make up and clothes !
    I'm surprised she didn't pick you out from your hand shake obviously you've worked on that but male hands are often a give away !
    I try to grow decent nails and shave my hands but I just can't lose the calloused, cracked skin !

Thank you for telling us about this. I have found that when I take the time to "do my makeup right", I am more likely to get spotted than when I do it in a hurry. I couldn't understand how I was more convincing wihout the extra effort. I guess I know now and will adjust my habits.

This story has been a big help to me.

By the way, you do look great in your picture. Before I read your post I though your were a crossdresser's wife or girlfriend.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Stepping back a moment, the makeup "gave you away" under the circumstance that she knew you existed. That's a completely different level of investigation from being in a group where everyone initially assumes a gender from first impressions. Given that, how great is it to have some honest validation for all of the work we do to cover up the masculine "clues" and replace them with feminine ones!

The other piece working here is age. As we get older we are "allowed" more makeup in any gender

Thanks so much for letting us in on your experiences. They are so insightful, helpful, and fun!

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    It's fun to really cake it on for those days that you really want to look like a crossdresser!
    LOL!! This made me laugh quite hard... But I am guilty as charged. I am fully aware that I cake on WAY more makeup than an actual woman. But since I am okay with the fact that I will not fool everybody, and there are plenty of other cues that will give me away, I would rather have too much, than not have enough. My look comes from the fact that I try and create shape (facial contours) where there is none. The only way to do this is with makeup (I don't have nice round cheekbones, or thick lashes, so I draw them on).

Does this bother me? Hell no. I am what I am... I am a crossdresser. This is my routine. If all people see is my layers of makeup (which I take pride in applying with some skill) that's fine with me. I like how I look,... if that means I am outing myself, OH WELL. I can deal with that.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Thank you Isha for sharing.

Quote: "It is ironic that one thing we rely on so heavily to appear female is one of the things that out us"
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Awesome story and glad to see you blend in so well especially when she was actually looking for Waldo. I can agree with her on the makeup thing and when I see women out in public with lots of makeup on I usually zone in on them to see if they are tg or just like to glam it up at Target etc. This is actually why I wear as little makeup as possible so I don't stick out in that way when I am out. I keep it as simple as possible while still staying with a sexy makeup look. I do sometimes go a little glam with it if I am going out somewhere were the girls will be all made up . Glad you have such an awesome group to go out and be Isha with.

Ginger
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Thank you Isha, you've confirmed welshgirl's opinion on this: "less is more".

in the UK make up is a sign of so many things - class, social group, personal choices, so we have women who are always so covered you never get to see their natural faces and others who go nowhere near anything most of the time.

I've been SO surprised by just a little bare mineral foundation to cover the beard and even-out the face - it looks passable and as if no make-up, and as i've seen how it works for her too, we literally did just walk around town unnoticed. I mean a 6'1"+heels is always going to get noticed to some extent.

The other big tell she says, is the hair. Getting a fully-bodied, longer wig, but not too long, reduces the visual impact of big shoulders, to the point they look right. Add in some waist-tightening measure and natural clothing flare at the hips and the right proportions emerge. It's simple, subtle and therefore well-hiding, just a "large lady".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Hazel Lee View Post
    LOL!! (I don't have nice round cheekbones, or thick lashes, so I draw them on
    Hello Ladies
    Can I suggest Younique 3D a Fiber Lashes! I guarantee it will be the best £23 you ever spend x

https://www.youniqueproducts.com/Dio...0#.VPOi1WIgGK0

Isha,
    I am blessed with a fair light beard and anything but minimal makeup is all that i need.
    Otherwise I look like a painted lady.

Sorry to see you need Plaster of Paris to cover up all those telltale signs.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.