Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Did anyone get to dress up for New Years Eve

Gold Member
    Well, since I was staying at home, and it was bitter cold out side, I did put on
    my bigger bra with forms, a nice dress, wig, and made myself a nice meal.
    Went to bed by 10:30 PM.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Female coworkers dressed me in one of their clothes and make-up yesterday at work.

Their suggestion.
    Jealous......

Only at home with the wifey. Was plenty fun though

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Under-dressed all day, I had to work till 11pm.

I did bring in the new year as Megan but I was home alone. Black skirt, silver top, makeup and wig. Mostly just watching tv and spent a little time reading the forum. I changed back to drab shortly after midnight, before my son came home. He knows but I try not to force it on him.

I had the house to myself, which is a very rare occasion. So I got all dolled up to be sure!

As the evening wore on I changed into something a little warmer and more comfortable. I fell asleep on my bed and woke up on time to change back into some guy clothes before my wife got home from work.

We don't go out on NY Eve, usually crash well before the year is done. However, I just found an e-mail invite from one of our GG friends asking us to a gals' NY Eve getogether at her house. Had we seen it earlier, I think the girls would have gone. Grrr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I was able to bring in the New Year - fully dressed. It had been a while since I've been completely dolled up, so it was exhilarating. I wore a gold beaded cocktail dress with strappy gold high heeled sandals. I was freshly shaven, with my nails painted a pretty berry color, and full make up. It was the prettiest I've felt in a long time. I'm vowing to spend more time dressed in 2015. Happy New Year.

I did. Red peasant blouse, black square dance skirt, red chiffon petticoat and tan seamed stockings.

Oh yes. All new years eve day in sweater and slacks. Then for the big event, a white lace over dress with black heels, full make-up of course. (BTW, SO said the dress looked like a mother of the bride dress and called it ugly.) New years day with a velour blue top and long black velour skirt for the Rose parade viewing and the rest of the day in a green dress with muted orange heels and all the rest. A nice way to start the year.
    joank
    Southern California

I don't bother with new year celebrations (except for the millennium) but I have been dressed every new years eve since then.

I did my nails and wore my pretty green dress,but by midnight I was down to bra and panties.Love living alone.

Not for New Year's Eve as my work hours have me dozing by 9pm.
    New Year's Day however was different. I arose, showered and dressed fully and spent the day doing things about the house and a little shopping before the Rose Bowl (GO Ducks!!). Then we had dinner and watched a little of the other game and some HGTV before the pillows called my name.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Didn't get dressed for New Years Eve but a bunch of us got together for brunch on New Years Day. Does that count?
    You want to wear a WHAT??

I was alone at home for New Year's Eve but was fine with that. I was fully dressed (and so very comfortable!), had the fireplace going, and was thrilled because I had finally decided to first officially register for a member here and secondly, seek out a therapist experienced with GD issues. 2015 was going to be a year of action and answers for me. It was an incredibly empowering evening, and I was on Cloud 9. Happy New Year!

I haven't done it recently Nikki but in years past I celebrated the New Year en femme at Rainbow Mt. near us. One year they even had a female Bette Midler impressionist who was really good and a nice person. This year my GF and myself just went out to dinner.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Not this year, but I did last year

I thought it was be tacky, wearing the same outfit two years running!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

I wish I had, but I chose to stay in boy mode and go dancing with my GF. I can't handle the basics of dancing as a girl yet
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

It's been more than a decade or so since we've been out on New Year's Eve. We prefer to stay home, make a fire in the patio fire pit, maybe cookout and enjoy some wine and the stars. Never really thought about dressing up for that.