Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what drives us to be us as cross dressers?

Banned Read only

what drives us to be us as cross dressers?

Sometimes I do wonder and I try not to over-think things. but Ive always been more interested in women's clothes and attracted to females. basically a regular guy, but more appealed to a females life style, especially the SHOES and clothes. I know when I don't dress I don't feel my self. i don't want to change anything about my self, but i wonder what really makes us tick?

Nothing drives me (any more). I do it because I want to.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    that makes sense. TY

I think about this a lot also, I'm just like you I love women and am attracted to women as much as the next man, but I love the clothes! I think it's to do with Men's clothes being so restricted and boring. When we shop for clothes as men it's the same old thing, trousers or jeans and shirt or t shirtbut shopping for women's clothes is exciting! Dresses, skirts,tops,boots,shoes...it goes on and on! and in every colour under the sun! better than just brown, beige, navy & black. did I mention the shoes!!

And as Kate said, I do it because I want too, it makes me feel good and relaxed, I just like being a woman as much as I like being a man. As somebody once said on here, dressing takes me away from my everyday life, Michelle doesn't have to worry about work, the mortgage, paying bills and other life's trails and tribulations. I can just drift away into my own private world as Michelle!!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    What makes us tick? Trying to become whole, trying to be true to ourselves.

But really, isn't that what makes everybody tick?

Banned Read only
    perfect sense michalle i like to get out as jenn maybe more than i should im pretty much more main stream execpt at work. THE COMPLEMTS I GET FROM FEMALES while out are NICE

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jenn,

Well, I stopped trying to figure out what makes me tick and to be honest it was the best road to self acceptance I could have taken. I am the way I am because it is me.

Hugs

Isha

What drives me to dress is all the beautiful clothes that women have to pick from.Mens clothes are so boring.

Reality Check
    I think if we really knew it would be easier to stop crossdressing if we wanted to. I have convinced myself that I dress because my mother really wanted a girl, not a boy and used to dress me in girlie clothes when no one was around and before I knew the difference (she wrote about it before she died and passed it out to the entire extended family).

It doesn't really matter anymore, it's cheaper than golf or sports cars and it doesn't hurt anyone.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I do it because it is fun. Not very deep or prophetic. Sorry. It is just fun.

Krisi said "It doesn't really matter anymore, it's cheaper than golf or sports cars and it doesn't hurt anyone"

My feelings exactly. It really does not matter. I am who I am and I love being me.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I agree with Michelle. I couldn't have put it in better words myself. I tell my wife this stuff all the time, men's clothes are boring, women's clothes have everything, every color you can imagine. We males wear the same sort of jeans from birth, denim. But yet there are tons of types of jeans for women. Why can't men wear jeans like that in public without being considered a freak to say it lightly. Women's clothes also have so many different fabrics, silk to name one. We men are stuck with the same ole' stuff time after time.... boring. Women's clothing, choices are endless. One of the few reasons I CD.

I started out of curiosity... and I guess that what still drives me:- the variety of fashion - colours, fabrics, styles ...
    So really I blame the shops!
    luv J

Platinum Member
    There's really a great deal of evidence that this is hard wired into our brains before birth. The mechanisms seem to include both genetic and hormonal influences that impact fetal development to varying degrees depending on the individual. That explains why there is such a wide diversity among us.

In a sense it's like trying to understand why a person is right or left handed.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I like to wear what looks good on me. It is never a costume and I never feel like I have to explain or feel apologetic. It fits and is modest. If someone objects to my dressing style it's just his problem and they can get over it.
    So I "dress" all the time except when doing really dirty work.

Rhanda

i know im male, but inside i have always felt like a women.i have always related to women. i just dont have that male cold logic, im emotonal and passive . so i dress how i feel. hugs love lynda

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I do it because I have an overpowering urge to. And a huge sense of fulfillment when I indulge. I guess that's what being transgendered is all about.

I started it as purely a sexual thrill. Other things come into play from time to time, but that is still the main driving force for me. It turns me on.

I am simply more comfortable in the clothes - i seem drawn to the fabric textures and colors when making my purchases

To me it started as a very sexual thing. But as I decided to open myself about it, I found that there was much more to it! I can't think of a real explanation for this.
    Regarding what makes me tick, I think it's about panties, skirts, shoes, blouses, bras, shoes, wigs, colors, shoes, makeup, shoes, makeup and shoes, shoes and makeup... and makeup and shoes
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

Banned Read only
    im also left handed...lol :

HUMANA thanks for bring this up.....not to be inappropriate, but now it hit me like a ton of BRICKS... since i was 4 i was sexually attracted to high heels maybe my dressing is my way of opening up and evreything that makes me me and us us
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-03-2015 at 02:17 PM. Reason: You have been told about multiposting before, don't start doing it again

We are extremely diverse, IMO. But speaking just for me, my current and ever changing theory is that I am, and have always simply been (earliest memories ~age 4) part girl. Not literally mind you, she's just part of my soul, or psyche.
    For me, my life runs best when I present myself, act, and function in it with that mindset. Mostly as a male that is delighted to have this other part, but happy to live an function as a capable male. And as this female part that delights in female things, looking and feeling feminine, but only part time.
    My girl "part" is quite unlike a GG, probably because she has never had to deal with reproductive issues, grow up being taunted for being less than, or live up to a feminine ideal. Never got ogled or harassed, or used, or abused, or "**** shamed" by men or other GGs, or felt compelled to compete with them for attention.
    She has never experienced the up side of femininity either, been complemented, got attention, felt the power or accomplishment of achieving status or admiration from peers and family. So even if she could pass for a GG physically, she would be very different none the less.
    I'll probably come up with a different way of seeing this tomorrow, but this working for the moment. Now if you will excuse me, I just scored the cutest Ann Taylor pencil skirt at the thrift store that's going to look amazing with my new boots... OK, I love and accept me, but even I think I'm a little weird sometimes... weird and wonderful that is!
    Last edited by JessicaJHall; 01-04-2015 at 04:28 PM.
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

The real reason we do it is because of a relentless campaign of subliminal brainwashing and clever symbolism by a coalition of Illuminati, Freemasons and Bilderbergers in league with the alien reptilian shapeshifters that control the secret state that rules the world. The purpose of making us crossdressers is to make men unattractive to women and thereby decrease the surplus population of the world who use up resources that the elites believe rightly belong to themselves. It's true. I read it on the internet.

If you really stop and think about it, after whatever triggered crossdressing for us, there simply is nothing else like it. Many of us really love women and are around female things. Then the joy or art or whatever of putting together an outfit that really looks good. Then there are so many varieties of outfits. I cannot think of any hobby or interest that has all the various elements that this does. And frankly, if you like to look of a beautiful woman dressed well, the why wouldn't you like to emulate that. Opening myself up has really been a thrill.

Lynda said it for me. It has always been hell for me emotionally in the male blue collar world. Lil Sissy Stevie, LOL funny! But, there may be a little truth to that! It seems a lot of women don't seem to need men any more. Starved for the female form, and charms, some of us create that ourselves. Not all, but some.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 01-03-2015 at 02:59 PM.