Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Would you Take the Miracle Cure for Cross dressing if there was one?

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Despite the negatives, and setbacks it has caused. NO, I would never seek or want a cure. A cure would imply something was wrong with me. Perhaps it is societies shallow, narrow views which gives the impression of wrongness. Perhaps it is societies limited understanding of gender, which makes it wrong to them. But to me, I feel balance for one of the firs times in my life. I feel I have a greater understanding of who "I" really am. Forsake that for a cure? No way. I've worked hard to get to this point in my life.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I have had some great adventures because of my crossdressing, but like opening pandora's box, you can't un-ring a bell just by taking a cure to stop. Now if the desires, and memories were erased, then I probably would..."maybe".

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Absolutely not. Few things give me so much joy in my life.

Banned Read only
    No way. It is a test of my resolve at points, but for me learning how to manage my two halves' needs and desires successfully is immensely rewarding. By resolving to only occasionally dress beautifully in public and not very often it becomes more like a vacation, or the proverbial mental health day. That takes planning, but it feeds the beast. It allows me to indulge in visits to other locales, makeup artists, upscale salons. My photo albums help me get through the tough days.
    Plus, I really like my manself as well. I don't see me as she speedskating, cyling 100 k, or cross-country skiing. So I get the best of both worlds, but only if I manage and plan well and keep the two spheres well apart.
    I know a couple of transexuals, who now in their sixties are desperately alone.
    The other thing is that no cure is perfect. There will be side effects. Just like King Midas, be careful what you wish for.

What?? I thought Crossdressing was the miracle cure!! Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Needing a "cure" implies that there is something that needs to be made better.

Knowing about Tina's existence made things better, so I guess crossdressing was the cure!

Keeping secrets from loved ones is the hard part. Besides that factoid the practice is hardly damaging to those that pursue it.

I have to reluctantly say that I would take the pill. I love crossdressing and there is nothing wrong with it but society does not accept it. The thought of losing most of my friends and losing the respect of my family if I was outed makes this a difficult pleasure to partake in. Consider this though. You are holding the pill in your hand, and the glass of water to wash it down with. Talk about a difficult pill to swallow!

Sadly yes,

I'd probably take the pill. Life really would be simpler without the whole CD thing. I know that I would miss it though, and it wouldn't be easy to do. Ultimately though, I think I would jump at the chance to see what life is like when I am 100% satisfied with my birth gender at all times. One less thing to worry about I guess

Absolutely not. I can look back on my life with great fondness of my CD exploits. It has been there from the beginning and is part of my life. When I need enjoyment or stress relief, there it is. Now, it has caused me big problems and with a DADT relationship, it will continue to do so, but no, I would not even consider it.

IF there were a pill you could take to stop Cding then maybe they'd be one you can take to start. Wouldn't it be interesting to drop a patch in the water supply and see what happened

Reality Check
    There is a cure and it's not a miracle. It's called willpower. If you truly want or need to stop crossdressing, just stop.

Please put me down for a conditional "yes".

I came late to the party, having finally connected the dots in my 60s. It was very disruptive and emotionally difficult for me and for my dear wife. My role as the protector, the person who shields his wife from pain was turned on its head. I became the source of her pain.

If there had been some treatment, some pills I could take to avoid those awful months, I would have gladly done so.

Since that time we have learned to accept that I am a crossdresser and my earlier motivation to quit has vanished.

Best wishes
    MsVal

I would say yes only because it would ( and would have made) life simpler. don't get me wrong I love to dress and most of the time I at least under dress. But all the hiding and anxiety from it would be gone.

Magically cured from crossdressing? YES!!! In a New York minute!

Although very few things in life make me as content as being dressed up, if I am being 100% honest, it really hasn't been worth it.

Nor is it worth the ever-present stigma my wife has to deal with, the strain on our marriage, the feelings of guilt, the worrying about being caught, striving to hide it from my kids, and the years I spent growing up ashamed and growing older wondering what the hell was 'wrong' with me.

I have a fetish for pantyhose and love the way they look, feel on, and feel to the touch, but I'm not trans-anything. I'm just a middle-aged man in a dress.

That being said, I don't see myself quitting. Blame my lack of willpower and self-control.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Platinum Member
    This one has been around time and time again, and I find my position unchanged. I dislike pointless, impossible hypotheticals, but if I must answer then, no I would not indulge in such a cure.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Absolutely yes, without a doubt.

CDing has been one of the most difficult things I've had to deal with. Life when I denied it to myself and the world was so much simpler. I wish I could stop the thoughts and desires and just be the vanilla husband and father I am expected to be. I love dressing, but the negatives it causes in my life far outweigh the positives.

Yes i would. But i would rather see all narrow minded people take a pill that would make them accept those that are a bit different. Then i also ask myself, including me, why so many of us are willing to live with a person that do not accept us and basically love the whole me. Pardon my english, it is not my language.

I agree with Kim...sort of like asking "if you could be rich, would you do it?" This comes up often as has been noted. The fact is no one is forcing you to follow through on your desires. Unless you are TS, this is something you do for your pleasure not for your life. Yeah I would have liked to be a size smaller or live in the Bahamas or have been the grandchild of a Rockefeller. Yeah life would have been easier then
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Since there is nothing wrong with me no need a miracle cure, I am looking for a miracle for acceptance for all of us so we can be our self all the time.

Although I have no qualms about being a CDer, I would take a cure as long as it changed absolutely nothing else about me.

I know my wife has accepted this part of me, but she would appreciate it not having to worry about it. And I'd find it to be beneficial to the cost of living .
    DonnaT

Definitely not I love dressing up and I intend doing it for as long as it pleases me.

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    There are two answers and both of them are YES.

1) Only if I never knew how good and wonderful it felt to be dressed and all the memories and mistakes of the past were replaced with better decisions and happiness.
    But I still don't think I would be completely happy and there may always be the feeling that there was more to life somehow.

2) Only if taking the magic cure means everyone else in the world becomes more open and accepting of everyone and the clothes they choose to wear. No ridicule or reprimand. No regrets and no feelings of guilt ever.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    Nope!
    It is part of me and who I am as a man. I'd probably be a very different guy if this was not part of my life.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

This is who I am, Do I need a cure from myself. Not really.
    So I guess I will pass on the cure.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"